Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

Up there with the WBA game for me in the great escape year for atmosphere although the result wasn't as important 

Obviously no coincidence that we played some really good stuff  , scored some goals and eventually won both games

Or perhaps on both occasions the home team we having their special day and as fans we were determined to piss on their parade ?

Newcastle was a superb away day and our end was very decent.

A real problem for our usual shit atmospheres (Saturday aside of course) is the songbook. Champions of England, We're on our Way, European Tour, Ranieri etc can't be sang anymore and they were some of the only ones that were sang with any effort. For some bizarre reason, we don't have a great song about the title win. There's been a couple of belters posted in the chants thread but they've never had an airing. 

Very good again last night. Result helped obviously but we were really good and I'm usually pretty cynical. Great rendition of When You're Smiling to boot. Never really enjoy the "banter" with opposition fans but "When the Saints go marching out" was fantastic and really tickled me. Onwards and upwards! 

• Like 2

Wow what a couple of away matches and ends we’ve just had. Clearly it helps that we won both games but Newcastle on Saturday was our best away end for years for me and I’d include the title winning season and CL away matches in that (though I did miss Brugge).

Last night was very satisfying as Southampton away is usually dire. We basically took the piss and had a decent variety of different songs. Pleased that the “Claude’s revoloution” song took off well, even if it is a song which will only really work for us this month.

Oh when the saints go marching out as they were flooding towards the exits on 70 minutes was excellent. lol 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

Pleased that the “Claude’s revoloution” song took off well, even if it is a song which will only really work for us this month.

Forgot about that, what a belter. Two Christmas based songs song by a whole end, not sure many other fanbases would muster that to be fair.

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

A real problem for our usual shit atmospheres (Saturday aside of course) is the songbook. Champions of England, We're on our Way, European Tour, Ranieri etc can't be sang anymore and they were some of the only ones that were sang with any effort. For some bizarre reason, we don't have a great song about the title win. There's been a couple of belters posted in the chants thread but they've never had an airing. 

"Champions of England, 5,000/1!"

What's wrong with that?!

20 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Our songs could be a lot worse.  Fair play to the Saints fans who stayed to the end yesterday and sang 'Johnsons Paint Trophy - you'll never win that' and 'How shit must you be? We scored one at home' :D

• Haha 1

I was gonna bring a mate to the game yesterday. He's a Chelsea fan but has always pestered me to take him to a Leicester game one day for the experience.

It didn't work out in the end but I'm glad I didn't as the atmosphere was borderline embarassing at times. Palace didn't even fill their allocation and it felt like they were the only ones singing in the ground. It's been a familiar story with a lot of away teams this year.

Of course performances on the pitch like yesterday don't help but we really had a fortress here over the great escape and title winning season. We made it a tough place to come. It was good for the back end of last season but it's dipped significantly again!

On Tuesday, let's really get behind the lads! This is our best chance to win a cup in years 

The anti-boo crusaders that show up on Stringer's show drive me crazy. We shouldn't be complacent with under performance. Getting blown out at home to the worst away team when we're in great form is as demoralizing as a single game gets. This is me telling you how I feel about that: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If you don't have a problem with that then by all means keep your mouth shut. But having a go at our fans when our players didn't show up like it's our fault they didn't show up or it's our fault that we have expectations is ridiculous.