Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

27 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I always think booing feels like you're attacking the team. It's not 'just criticism' as you suggest, it's getting on their back and having a go. That's why I never do it, and why I rarely think highly of those who do.

This has 2 parts. First there is booing at players which I'm perfectly fine with if I feel the situation is dire enough. You aren't. The second part is where fans turn it around on other fans and have a go at them for booing the players. The second part is really what I'm trying to address. I see it as a bad scapegoat.

3 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

The anti-boo crusaders that show up on Stringer's show drive me crazy. We shouldn't be complacent with under performance. Getting blown out at home to the worst away team when we're in great form is as demoralizing as a single game gets. This is me telling you how I feel about that: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If you don't have a problem with that then by all means keep your mouth shut. But having a go at our fans when our players didn't show up like it's our fault they didn't show up or it's our fault that we have expectations is ridiculous.

It makes us look like a bunch of spoilt brats. We were poor, but the booing was embarrassing considering that we'd had four straight wins up until that point. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 21:48, foxinsocks said:

I used to go to matches wearing flares and a blazer...

We had no choice... had to keep up with the players  :)

(if your flare didnt extend to your toes..FAIL!!) 

Image result for 70s football fan flares

Im disturbed by how much of this gear i had back in the day :) Mind you.. at least my fvcken pinstripes did fit

ccHwlgB.jpg

BTW, these were found on some random site - https://imgur.com/a/8qYVe 

Tell you what though.... we were a butt ugly bunch back in the 70s :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Im disturbed by how much of this gear i had back in the day :) Mind you.. at least my fvcken pinstripes did fit

ccHwlgB.jpg

Wow!  That site just knocked 40 years off me!  Thanks for posting Oz. 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

ccHwlgB.jpg

No one was fat though were they.

14 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

The anti-boo crusaders that show up on Stringer's show drive me crazy. We shouldn't be complacent with under performance. Getting blown out at home to the worst away team when we're in great form is as demoralizing as a single game gets. This is me telling you how I feel about that: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If you don't have a problem with that then by all means keep your mouth shut. But having a go at our fans when our players didn't show up like it's our fault they didn't show up or it's our fault that we have expectations is ridiculous.

I just hope you are nowhere near the stadium on a match day!

I think people with kneejerk over reactions are ignorant cvnts and need to get a grip, sadly I can't boo them booing for obvious reasons:P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

You see, this would be all well and good if the people booing applied the same standards to when the team are playing well, or are at the very least not playing badly, and opened their gobs in support. If they did, we'd have the best atmosphere in England every week.

If you think booing a side off at half-time while they're having a massive off-day despite a recent decent run is going to actively help gee them up for the second half then you're a moron. In the Great Escape/title winning seasons we used to get louder when we went a goal behind, and look at the good that did. Now a large proportion of our fans act like spoilt children and piss off home after 80 minutes even if there's only a goal in it. We're becoming an entitled bunch of wankers and I fvcking hate it.

Take a bow mate. 

• 2 weeks later...

My season ticket is in the Kop, but I was sat in the East Stand yesterday and though I've been aware of how poor the atmosphere has been for a while, couldn't get over how terrible it was yesterday. It's not just a case of being "like every other ground", it is the quietest it's been since the Sven era.

I know this season isn't as lively as recent seasons have been, for good and bad reasons, but it's painful. I was particularly taken aback by the amount of fans who simply stood up and waked out without clapping after a 3-0 win lol.

• Like 1

I blame the less than exciting first half. 

It does work both ways. Don't care what anyone says. As soon as the team were starting to play better, second half, everybody picked up a bit. 

Edited by Fox92

Generally no-one can be arsed anymore. I'm in SK2 towards the top and tried to start a few, so did a couple of others. Union FS tried all game, but generally no-one could be arsed unless we're winning. 

This wasn't the West or Family Stand. It wasn't even the flask brigade towards the bottom of the Kop. I'm not arsed about flag waving, drums or ultra videos but since the Champions League exit, our atmosphere has been generally woeful and probably the worst in the league. Our songbook is awful, but it's not just the chants that are shit, it's the general apathy towards what's going on on the pitch.

Granted, the first half was absolute dog shit, but the idea is to either get behind them or even get on their case. 

Have to say the home support is an absolute shambles. L1 might as well disperse and mix in with the rest of us. They've become an apologetic noise based on individuals who appear terrified those around won't join in so your left with this half hearted 'hum' which plays in to the away fans hands. We are bossed by all opposing support with Huddersfield ridiculing us throughout. We only come alive once we've scored and often then it's for 30 seconds after. 

Couple of friends (non supporters) who have been down this year have commented "your lot just smack those clappers and sit in silence?!". Harsh and sadly true - never would have imagined that from filbo days. 

Away ends are cringeworthy with small pockets of miss timed  efforts. The song book is ridiculously limited, literally all visiting support embarrasses us with catchy different songs for players or management. We nick the odd chant and live off it for 3 seasons....

• Like 2