Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

We were standing on the far left if you were looking at the goal and it was a decent atmosphere in the first half. Alot of banter and fun considering the crap on show. Second half was just as bad as the footy

53 minutes ago, Raj said:

We were standing on the far left if you were looking at the goal and it was a decent atmosphere in the first half. Alot of banter and fun considering the crap on show. Second half was just as bad as the footy

Same here. Was decent for the majority of 1st half. Good rendition of a few songs plus plenty of banter with the seats etc.

Half time was the worst thing that could have happened the 2nd half was like being in a different ground. No real explanation for why it changed. Odd really.

Overall tho I think in the main I enjoyed being back on a terrace please get us a other one in the next round if we make it through.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Same here. Was decent for the majority of 1st half. Good rendition of a few songs plus plenty of banter with the seats etc.

Half time was the worst thing that could have happened the 2nd half was like being in a different ground. No real explanation for why it changed. Odd really.

Overall tho I think in the main I enjoyed being back on a terrace please get us a other one in the next round if we make it through.

Newport or Yeovil then? Think they're the only teams left in with terraced away ends.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Newport or Yeovil then? Think they're the only teams left in with terraced away ends.

Mate wants newport. I'd take that. Never managed to get to Yeovil either so I could stomach that trip as well.

Everyone else seems to want cov or the Notts clubs.

Assuming we win the replay. 

Your team should create the atmosphere not the other way round. When your team came up with that embarrassment of a performance after you had paid hard earned money and done all that travelling why the hell should you sing your heart out? When they perform like that we should be letting them know in no uncertain terms how much they let you and themselves down. A round of booing is as warranted as a round of cheering when they obviously couldn't be bothered.

Fans will respond to the action on the pitch.

If youre bouncing, furiously flag waving and singing at 1000mph while theres absolutely nothing happening on the field id suggest your intention that day was just to go up and do that without much care for the on field action.

The ultras thing seems so contrived and forced and blatantly unoriginal. Even down to making flags look german.

Its also an attitude thing. Unless those disappointed are going to go to each non singing fan point a gun at them and tell them to sing, what can you do? Nothing.

12 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Your team should create the atmosphere not the other way round. When your team came up with that embarrassment of a performance after you had paid hard earned money and done all that travelling why the hell should you sing your heart out? When they perform like that we should be letting them know in no uncertain terms how much they let you and themselves down. A round of booing is as warranted as a round of cheering when they obviously couldn't be bothered.

You mean something like Sing when your winning. Sorry but the fans should create the atmosphere, whatever goes off on the pitch.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Sounded terrible, people will blame the performance but it's no excuse.  And people think safe standing would improve atmosphere?  A full terrace and barely a sound all game.

We now have possibly the worst away following in the premiership.

I'd say there are about 5-6 teams worse than us however most of the teams apart from United and maybe Chelsea are pretty shocking.

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

For once I actually had nothing against anyone who booed at full time, it was a disgraceful performance and yet again showed a total lack of respect for the competition and the fans. We're the biggest club to have never won the FA Cup and it's the one missing piece of the jigsaw. To turn in such rubbish and lack of fight against a side who's side cost probably a hundredth of what ours did deserves booing.

Disagree that the team should create the atmosphere from the off though. God knows what enjoyment anyone gets from pure silence away from home. Can't have it both ways.

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Because it's fun.

Where is the fun of travelling all the way up to Fleetwood with all the cost involved only to see your team put in a pathetic performance like that? Do you sing clap and cheer when someone is taking the p*ss out of you right in front of your eyes? The p*ss taking began with the manager's team selection and complete disregard for the history of the F.A cup and utter disregard for the fans who made the effort to turn up ( which is more than the team did ) The team, the manager and owners need to know when they do this that the fans think it is disgusting, cheering rubbish like that only encourages them more. What you tolerate will continue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Where is the fun of travelling all the way up to Fleetwood with all the cost involved only to see your team put in a pathetic performance like that? Do you sing clap and cheer when someone is taking the p*ss out of you right in front of your eyes? The p*ss taking began with the manager's team selection and complete disregard for the history of the F.A cup and utter disregard for the fans who made the effort to turn up ( which is more than the team did ) The team, the manager and owners need to know when they do this that the fans think it is disgusting, cheering rubbish like that only encourages them more. What you tolerate will continue.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the match or the club's attitude to Saturday for one second, and think @Dan LCFC has got it spot on with his post. But I would argue that having to receive a chorus of boos from an end who've backed you for 90 minutes is far more likely to have an impact on any player than from one which hasn't.

If your sole enjoyment from following football comes from when we play well then you're going to be left disappointed fairly regularly...

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't disagree with your assessment of the match or the club's attitude to Saturday for one second, and think @Dan LCFC has got it spot on with his post. But I would argue that having to receive a chorus of boos from an end who've backed you for 90 minutes is far more likely to have an impact on any player than from one which hasn't.

If your sole enjoyment from following football comes from when we play well then you're going to be left disappointed fairly regularly...

Not the case Voll. I have sung cheered till my throat was hoarse for teams with a lot less talent than this lot. I did all those things because even though I knew we did not have the talent we had the heart. My sole enjoyment is singing my heart out for a team that cared and gave their best. Please don't put that shower of  sh*te in the same bracket as those teams of long ago who I admired, and never cared about the cost of a ticket or travelling, at least they were worth it.

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Not the case Voll. I have sung cheered till my throat was hoarse for teams with a lot less talent than this lot. I did all those things because even though I knew we did not have the talent we had the heart. My sole enjoyment is singing my heart out for a team that cared and gave their best. Please don't put that shower of  sh*te in the same bracket as those teams of long ago who I admired, and never cared about the cost of a ticket or travelling, at least they were worth it.

That would seem to be at odds with your view that "the team should create the atmosphere", but fair enough if that's the case.

• Like 1

First half against Huddersfield, game was crap and the atmosphere didn't take off. It's hard to create a atmosphere when the games is poor and before people say what about the UFS ? Well some of their members spend half their time not even watching the game , bouncing around with their back turned. I go to watch the game but I'll sing and back the lads. Jumping around like a lunatic doesn't make you anymore of a fan though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/01/2018 at 13:36, Voll Blau said:

Was pretty hopeful after hearing loud renditions of WYS and Boot Boys on the tele early on. Shame it fell flat.

Wish more could have the attitude of those 40 odd lads in the Fleetwood end who were going for it all game. Still, why be "plastic ultras" when it's far more fun to stand in silence for 90 minutes then have a dig on Twitter after the game eh?

It’s great that you enjoy an atmosphere, I prefer it when it’s good and always get involved, but just because we do, it cannot be imposed on others if they don’t want to, doesn’t make us or them better fans, just different.

Don’t really feel the need to dress in black, wear matching t- shirts, and have somebody at the bottom with a microphone either, for me plastic 

We need to face facts, this has turned into a family oriented club, and the atmosphere is gone.

Yes there might be pockets of vocal support, but on the whole, the dynamics of our fanbase has changed, more families, more older fans, who some are really not bothered, all to their own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

First half against Huddersfield, game was crap and the atmosphere didn't take off. It's hard to create a atmosphere when the games is poor and before people say what about the UFS ? Well some of their members spend half their time not even watching the game , bouncing around with their back turned. I go to watch the game but I'll sing and back the lads. Jumping around like a lunatic doesn't make you anymore of a fan though. 

Oh come on...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

We need to face facts, this has turned into a family oriented club, and the atmosphere is gone.

Yes there might be pockets of vocal support, but on the whole, the dynamics of our fanbase has changed, more families, more older fans, who some are really not bothered, all to their own.

But we've had good atmospheres at home and away before. I don't think anyone who wants to back the team should accept that other people will never join in, when many of them have before, just a case of finding ways to get them interested more often.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The problem is the  songs that get sung. No one wants to join in with them. Need a mull of kintyre type song, although obviously not that one.

Sad isn't it that no one will actually join in with WYS anymore:unsure: something unique to our club.

I take the point that some songs may not be to everybody's taste. But the under the lights for me was a really good effort. And I'm yet to work out why so many people seem to be so offended by the likes of leicester boys.

They also try to drop in the likes of iwan  is a Welshman etc. I'd like to see more of those, it's good nough for united to sing about historic players, walshy wherever you maybe should get more of an outing too.

Doesn't seem to matter tho,as was suggested our club has basically become the most family friendly in the top flight and I think that's at the detriment of our atmosphere at times. And before anyone jumps on that. I take my 6 year old lad. He doesn't get it all either I guess we are growing up in a different time.

Look how many clubs have a element like UFS that have actively tried to improve or create something. Because they are a little fed up of sitting in silence in the era that is the premier league.

Edited by Bayfox