Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

21 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

But we've had good atmospheres at home and away before. I don't think anyone who wants to back the team should accept that it other people will never join in, when many of them have before, just a case of finding ways to get them interested more often.

Agree, not going to call people fair weather fans, but football nowadays is about entertainment for the fanbase targeted by the club, alot come to be entertained, and if the game is awful, are more likely to go for a pint on the concourse etc, and disconnect with the match and atmosphere, but when things are good, really get involved.

I’m am a big believer that what happens on the pitch affects the atmosphere, but it’s not totally responsible.

Football fan culture is changing, it’s not so much about the lads getting together on a match day for a booze and sing song, football is marketed at families who want to spend money in the shop, and that’s proven with the club not interested in swapping the family stand, as the concourse leads to the shop I’m led to believe, so would never change that, even though everyone knows the kop should be there.

So what I’m basically saying is, there might be a base to make some noise, but the club  would have to work with the support to make it work, and getting them in one place, but don’t know how interested they are.

( sorry for the kop family stand swap reference lol )

Edited by Monsell1976

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

That would seem to be at odds with your view that "the team should create the atmosphere", but fair enough if that's the case.

A team should create the atmosphere by at least trying. As I said if I see a team that is not blessed with particular skills but goes all out then they are creating an atmosphere, If I see a team like the one put out on Saturday then they are guilty of creating a negative atmosphere and I'm damned if I'm going to cheer garbage attitudes like they displayed and that goes for the manager too. 

4 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

It’s great that you enjoy an atmosphere, I prefer it when it’s good and always get involved, but just because we do, it cannot be imposed on others if they don’t want to, doesn’t make us or them better fans, just different.

Don’t really feel the need to dress in black, wear matching t- shirts, and have somebody at the bottom with a microphone either, for me plastic 

We need to face facts, this has turned into a family oriented club, and the atmosphere is gone.

Yes there might be pockets of vocal support, but on the whole, the dynamics of our fanbase has changed, more families, more older fans, who some are really not bothered, all to their own.

Family club or not the season we won the league we were by far the loudest home support in the league. The place was rocking and even the tele cameras were bouncing around. So that was an awful lot of old people and kids making that noise. The stark truth is we are a million miles away from watching that kind of football now and the crowd know it.

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Family club or not the season we won the league we were by far the loudest home support in the league. The place was rocking and even the tele cameras were bouncing around. So that was an awful lot of old people and kids making that noise. The stark truth is we are a million miles away from watching that kind of football now and the crowd know it.

Can’t argue with your point, it was great when things were great on the pitch, and everyone was engaged, but going to my point, things are not great every week, the modern fanbase becomes restless, disenchanted very quickly, which equals less clapping the clappers, or singing

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Can’t argue with your point, it was great when things were great on the pitch, and everyone was engaged, but going to my point, things are not great every week, the modern fanbase becomes restless, disenchanted very quickly, which equals less clapping the clappers, or singing

Agree with you Monsell. So the only ones who can get the supporters like that again are the manager and the players and quite frankly that display on Saturday isn't going to do it. The atmosphere is a two-way thing.If the players show that they are at least trying then the Leicester supporters are up there with the best, but if they see the players couldn't care less then they are most unforgiving and in my opinion, that's how it should be.

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

And I've never met 1 member of UFS that proclaim that they are better fans or that their enjoyment in what they do is in anyway meant to detract from your enjoyment of the game. But they also aren't  solely responsible for creating an atmosphere and in fairness most games they do go for 90 mins but if people don't join in how much racket can a hardcore of 100 or so make in a ground our size.

The only time I've really seen UFS try the whole having someone lead and face the fans to my knowledge is Copenhagen and they admit in hindsight it didn't really work as they had hoped.

I think a lot of any frustration you may feel UFS have comes from the lack of room to expand.

You may have noticed they post less and less on this forum and most posts only relate to any activities they are making. Tifos, the food bank etc. They have a great hardcore that all have the same interest.

In the main they are all decent lads and have a like minded attitude. I guess similar to those who go in L1 but with a different idea of how to go about supporting the club and enjoying their day out. They aren't harming anyone else's match day expirence in my eyes so let them get on with it.

As I say it seems more people seem to want to talk about them, than the group members themselves ever really feel the need to chirp up in response. And yes I see the irony in that.

But I was stood directly behind them at Newcastle and that was one of the best aways in about 18 months because they had managed to get 30 or so tickets in 1 block  it helped the away end for 90 mins no end. The fact they didn't manage it for Watford made Watford as normal as our away ends are in recent years.

There was a fair few in the same corner as me for Fleetwood and for 45 mins at least it was loud and a laugh. Shouldn't that be what going to the football should be. If you wanted to be entertained by the action on the pitch every week we would all be at the etihad this season or flying out to barca.

I go because it was bred into me that leicester city is my football passion and part of that was backing the lads in the hope they produced a result. Football is only entertainment if you accept you may lose the odd game. Or in our case in the main a lot of games.

Best post ever..On any Forum...

Murders all previous posts.....:scarf:

A true football Messiah,  better enjoy your last supper,

Somebody will get the cock to crow 3 times...

18 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Sad isn't it that no one will actually join in with WYS anymore:unsure: something unique to our club.

I take the point that some songs may not be to everybody's taste. But the under the lights for me was a really good effort. And I'm yet to work out why so many people seem to be so offended by the likes of leicester boys.

They also try to drop in the likes of iwan  is a Welshman etc. I'd like to see more of those, it's good nough for united to sing about historic players, walshy wherever you maybe should get more of an outing too.

Doesn't seem to matter tho,as was suggested our club has basically become the most family friendly in the top flight and I think that's at the detriment of our atmosphere at times. And before anyone jumps on that. I take my 6 year old lad. He doesn't get it all either I guess we are growing up in a different time.

Look how many clubs have a element like UFS that have actively tried to improve or create something. Because they are a little fed up of sitting in silence in the era that is the premier league.

I think it's more people can't make out what the hell they are singing with their newer songs, they sound mumbled and I'm only in SK2 to the right of the goal, people further over have no chance, the best songs are always simple

I just find it funny how being "family orientated" is viewed as a negative by LADS who want to recreate some mythical era that they didnt even live through.

Our atmosphere is like most clubs. Its hardly worth tearing your hair out over.

People get so elitist too it seems. 

Edited by Donut

1 hour ago, Donut said:

I just find it funny how being "family orientated" is viewed as a negative by LADS who want to recreate some mythical era that they didnt even live through.

Or maybe they just want to improve the atmosphere in the current era...

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Or maybe they just want to improve the atmosphere in the current era...

And they think a good basis to do this is create age and sexual discrimination within the ground

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

?? Is it not a reasonable question?

Were you not an advocate of a LAD CLUB?

Don't believe so, if you can find a post saying otherwise then go ahead. 

If this offends you so much maybe you should write to the club, maybe they'll take you more seriously than people on here :)

• Haha 2

The sad thing is we'll probably be discussing how poor the atmosphere is for years and years to come.

The only way to improve it (whether people like it or not) is either to designate a large area of the ground and sell that area as a standing/singing end (like derby have done relatively recently) or for safe standing area to be introduced.

Both won't happen unfortunately.

Oh and there is a 3rd possibility to improve the atmosphere....win the league again.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

One thing I am jealous of is Derby. They moved the away fans and have EVERY stander together. It massively improved there home atmosphere. I hate to say it but they’re one of the loudest in the county at home. 

Also huddersfield did it too didn’t they? It’s just a shame our club would sooner have it like a family day out to the cinema rather than a football atmosphere.

If you asked the club would you replace everyone that stands with a family that would sit they wouldn’t even hesitate. 

• Like 1

Understandably the atmosphere  at present is nowhere near as good as the end of the great escape or the miracle season! 

The way grounds are, the atmosphere is typical and there, imo , is very little will change that bar drama or tremendous excitement on the pitch.

I do find it frustrating that comments like "our ends are crap" and "the average age of the people at Fleetwood were 70" these people have likely been following our great club home and way for decades and have as much right to be there as the young bucks who want to be extremely vocal!

People who want to sing, bounce around and be as loud as possible, brilliant, and keep it up! Please also respect that not everyone wants to do so nd they've paid and it's their choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donut said:

People get so elitist too it seems. 

Yeah that's what we all said.

2 points.

1 I lived through standing all be it the late 80s and early 90s when it had calmed down a bit.

2 I take my lad. So I have a foot in both camps.

As for ufs. They have lads in there teens, 20s and old men like @steveherbe and girls like @Lcfc_lass10 and plenty more that don't post on here so I can't tag. 

So rather than creating an elite you are trying to create a myth.

Are you the UFS spokesmen ? Soon as someone dares criticise them. You roll out a 2000 worded post. MY OPINION is on them as a group not as individuals. I don't know them personally as people but as a group I think they cause more harm then good. 

You dont need a group name or start a group for one, this just turns into we're better fans then you attuide. I don't like the black t shirts, stickers or Displays they put on. This is ENGLISH football and we don't need to copy a bunch of no mark ultras. 

I stand in sk1 and I find most people find them annoying. They'll sing the same boring song (ring of fire) for around 10 minutes. Just around 20 of them. They don't join in, in other chants started by different parts of the stadium. The drummer needs to realise he can stop and doesn't need to be plodding along all the time when there's 4 people singing. Drums shouldn't be at football anyway. I honestly don't think they go to watch the game. They seem more interested jumping up and down and singing then actually what's going on, on the pitch. 

Id rather just have the whole of SK1 standing and singing without having to try and copy palace. Also they don't represent all Leicester fans aswell. I like singing and standing and support safe standing but I don't support UFS. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Are you the UFS spokesmen ? Soon as someone dares criticise them. You roll out a 2000 worded post. MY OPINION is on them as a group not as individuals. I don't know them personally as people but as a group I think they cause more harm then good. 

You dont need a group name or start a group for one, this just turns into we're better fans then you attuide. I don't like the black t shirts, stickers or Displays they put on. This is ENGLISH football and we don't need to copy a bunch of no mark ultras. 

I stand in sk1 and I find most people find them annoying. They'll sing the same boring song (ring of fire) for around 10 minutes. Just around 20 of them. They don't join in, in other chants started by different parts of the stadium. The drummer needs to realise he can stop and doesn't need to be plodding along all the time when there's 4 people singing. Drums shouldn't be at football anyway. I honestly don't think they go to watch the game. They seem more interested jumping up and down and singing then actually what's going on, on the pitch. 

Id rather just have the whole of SK1 standing and singing without having to try and copy palace. Also they don't represent all Leicester fans aswell. I like singing and standing and support safe standing but I don't support UFS. 

I can understand to an extent the t shirts and stickers but how can anyone dislike those displays!!You seem very down on them lads,has one of them diddled your Mrs/Mr?

• Haha 1