Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

Where all these people saying how great they are, why aren't you over in SK1 with them ? I moved to SK1 purely for the fact that the UFS was setting up there. I wanted to be part of improving the atmosphere and still very much behind it. If the UFS moved away from the ultra stuff, I wouldn't be in here saying anything. It all boils down to them wanting to be Palace. I hate Palace ultras, they're cringey as ****. Palace were a nothing club with shit fans who tried to reinvent themselves because they had nothing else going for them. Also the ties with crappy 2nd division German sides, nobody cares and I'd rather have genuine Leicester fans in the ground, rather then the UFS trying to show off to their European ultras mates.

Edited by Hugo Sanchez
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You are aware they set up before we even got promoted to the top flight. Believe me they improved the atmosphere way before the owners handed out clappers.

And not attempting a song for a good few mins is exactly the problem.

3 nil down to Liverpool at filbert st and having 20 mins non stop of leicester, leicester, leicester is what proves we have fans that give a ****.

Shame we seem to have turned them away or they all got old and bored.

Funny because before the West Ham game at home what kick started the great escape , we played hull at home and it was one of the worst atmosphere at the kp. Most games that season when we were losing everyweek. The atmosphere was shite. Man Utd aside but again that was because of the game. The UFS have made no difference this season have they ? The atmosphere is shite now, the UFS are still there. Why aren't they improving the atmosphere then ?

4 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Where all these people saying how great they are, why aren't you over in SK1 with them ? I moved to SK1 purely for the fact that the UFS was setting up there. I wanted to be part of improving the atmosphere and still very much behind it. If the UFS moved away from the ultra stuff, I wouldn't be in here saying anything. It all boils down to them wanting to be Palace. I hate Palace ultras, they're cringey as ****. Palace were a nothing club with shit fans who tried to reinvent themselves because they had nothing else going for them. Also the ties with crappy 2nd division German sides, nobody cares and I'd rather have genuine leicetser fans in the ground, rather then the UFS trying to show off to their European ultras mates.

I want this on a t-shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe people are right about them sometimes interrupting chants from elsewhere, but when you're already singing it may be difficult to hear one being started from the other side of the kop? Seems possible.

You can tell a lot of songs start from SK1 though, so overall they're clearly contributing rather than taking away from the atmosphere.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

9 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Where all these people saying how great they are, why aren't you over in SK1 with them ? I moved to SK1 purely for the fact that the UFS was setting up there. I wanted to be part of improving the atmosphere and still very much behind it. If the UFS moved away from the ultra stuff, I wouldn't be in here saying anything. It all boils down to them wanting to be Palace. I hate Palace ultras, they're cringey as ****. Palace were a nothing club with shit fans who tried to reinvent themselves because they had nothing else going for them. Also the ties with crappy 2nd division German sides, nobody cares and I'd rather have genuine leicetser fans in the ground, rather then the UFS trying to show off to their European ultras mates.

Trawl back through my previous posts. I admit I'm stuck in the mud and won't move my season tickets as we can't get 8 tickets together and we are happy where we are which is only 1 block away so it does for us.

Why worry about palace? As for bochum again personally not my thing but as I go to excelsior and ado on a regular basis I do get the difference and why they like it.  Maybe you should get the zonderzug  in May and you may open your eyes and enjoy it. If you moved. You moved for a reason why not try to chat to a few and you may find you enjoy it.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Funny because before the West Ham game at home what kick started the great escape , we played hull at home and it was one of the worst atmosphere at the kp. Most games that season when we were losing everyweek. The atmosphere was shite. Man Utd aside but again that was because of the game. The UFS have made no difference this season have they ? The atmosphere is shite now, the UFS are still there. Why aren't they improving the atmosphere then ?

For about 10 years the atmosphere was crap. UFS moved into SK1 before the premier league but don't let that affect your history hey:D

4 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Don't think I own a black shirt other than one for work. 

Is Hugo paying? If so I'll even get 'Hugo the Hero' on the back. 

I think he might ?I don't think he'll  be coreographing their dance moves or helping them with t-shirt selection any time soon though he may help with a place to put any flares ?

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I think he might ?I don't think he'll  be coreographing their dance moves or helping them with t-shirt selection any time soon though he may help with a place to put any flares ?

We'd probably have a disagreement on whether to put the statement on the front or back of my shirt as I'd like to face the game. 

Assuming we're talking about flares in the form of the trouser style? Anything else is banned and not as stylish. 

12 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

50p a letter? That's cheaper than it was a few years ago

Ah well I haven't has a name on a shirt since I had draper  he left after 1 season. Taylor he got injured so i daren't jinx muzzy. lol

I got james in my lads shirt nearly 20 years later actually sure that was a quid a letter. That went well :ph34r: if you evert want someone to die. Just pay me to get it printed.

My boy now wants kasper on his keeper top and vardy on his black shirt. I can't do it.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

One thing I am jealous of is Derby. They moved the away fans and have EVERY stander together. It massively improved there home atmosphere. I hate to say it but they’re one of the loudest in the county at home. 

Also huddersfield did it too didn’t they? It’s just a shame our club would sooner have it like a family day out to the cinema rather than a football atmosphere.

If you asked the club would you replace everyone that stands with a family that would sit they wouldn’t even hesitate. 

Agree fully. Derby have got their ground set up exactly like we should, yet the concept seems alien at Leicester for some bizarre reason.

The main difference really was Derby didn't have anything in that stand other than away fans so in terms of home fans it was effectively a free block whereas we've got a family stand that's quite organised now.

The best thing that can happen here is we expand the ground and we really do modify our layout so that we have a proper designated singing section. The majority of the Kop is a disgrace to the name in terms of atmosphere. I'm not holding out much hope though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

We're an English club, I personally can't abide any of this organised Ultra based BS  including the flairs and matching black T Shirts. What next, will they all be wearing make up like kiss and doing synchronised  dance moves?

To me atmosphere is about noise tremendous vocal support, linking and spreading from L1 to all of Kop would be fantastic?

My comments are not personal cos I dont know any of the individuals i just don't like that culture it's not for me I find it cringey.

The fundamental issue here though, is that that bit in bold just simply doesn't happen.

7 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I think what it boils down to is Union FS are a small area of the ground and can't force everyone to sing (and if they did they'd get slated for that as well).

Having said that, you can at least rely on them to sing non-stop for the whole match. That is what the ground lacked before they came along. It's all very well having clappers and other gimmicks - they aren't much use if nobody starts a song are they? Who else is taking responsibility for that? Are you gonna do it or are you just going to bitch? Or are you like everyone else who can only be bothered when there's something exciting happening?

You don't have to buy into every thing they're into, I'm no ultra either, but their hearts are in the right place and deserve a bit more respect. Are you aware of some of the FSF initiatives they are behind? Safe standing, 20s plenty etc? These things are for the benefit of fans, fans like you, so maybe think twice before you take the piss, because these are the sorts of people that are trying to prevent you, and your children, and your children's children from being priced out, treated like a criminal and fvcking complaining that everything about football is sterile in this day and age. Whilst you sit on your arse and do nothing.

'Most people find them annoying' - don't be hypocrite, are you the spokesperson for everyone else in SK1 now? Most people respect their efforts, I hate to break it to you.

So Kitch "the balanced" I personally appreciate that enlightenment. I obviously missed the election when you were voted as spokesperson for everyone else in SK1. 

Congratulations on your appointment they couldn't have picked a more balanced, even and level headed person to represent them.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The fundamental issue here though, is that that bit in bold just simply doesn't happen.

Indeed Dan, I said would be, a point I was making was L1 may start a chant which we can clearly hear in SK3/4 area and is joined in with yet very often SK1 are singing or starting different songs which make it a mismatched mess!

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Oh yes it did for the great escape and large chunk of 2015/16 season Dan, maybe there' s a reason in those periods?:P Oh and even then the Palace wannabes were singing their new/different songs at times but were drowned out by the majority singing what they knew. Fair play for trying but sorry they did not make a massive difference ,what happened on the pitch did!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Indeed Dan, I said would be, a point I was making was L1 may start a chant which we can clearly hear in SK3/4 area and is joined in with yet very often SK1 are singing or starting different songs which make it a mismatched mess!

SK1 will always give way and join in when they do hear other parts of the ground though, but getting literally everyone in the ground who wants to sing together is the main issue - an issue which the club have no desire to address.

Kop singers won't move because the seats are cheaper behind the goal and many, understandably, don't want to pay East Stand rates. L1/K/N won't move because they'd rather be next to the away fans - and in any case fans in other parts of the ground wouldn't relocate to accommodate a big singing section.

So in those circumstances, you just have to make the best of it.