Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

Last weekend is a decent example really. The first half wasn't the massacre it's being made out to be on here. Yes we were second best but I wouldn't say we were out the game. Sounds like excuses to me.

I do think there are logical reasons it's poor but that doesn't make it any better on our behalf.

Keep saying it, but the ground needs a proper pa system with loud music blaring over it, they do it at dortmund, you can here the guy shouting over it on that video, my mate goes there regularly and it's the pa plus the beer that gets everything going and builds the crowd up into a frenzy. Why do they have support acts at rock concerts? it's to get everyone going and build the atmosphere for the main event. If fans want to stick to trying to sing When your smiling or some other death song , fair enough but imo  the root of the problem is the fans are being left to their own devices and not being encouraged by the club.

• Thanks 1

So many going on about PA's, referees and a spark on the pitch amongst other reasons.

It ultimately boils down to mindset and effort.

The above shows a support rock up and give it full gun from the go. The mentality is about having fun, having pride in the support you show and give. A Bochum fan when Leicester were over there said to me 'we often lose on the pitch but we try dam hard to not lose off the pitch in the stand'.

Not sure why exactly our atmospheres especially away from home have dipped so much over the last three seasons? Mental how now you can find yourself getting puzzled looks for trying to get a song going away from home now. So frustrating when our ends to nearly a man belt out a boo at James McClean yet won't open their gobs in support of the team they are there to support or chuck beer around a concourse before standing like a mute in the stand.

I do hope the away sections idea from Union FS eventually pulls the atmosphere back up by getting likeminded singers together.

The video above is even more impressive when you realise those guys and girls are there showing support like that for their reserve team.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The atmosphere in SK1 was a lucky coincidence on the back end of the great escape and the following season with the title win. 

Fosse Boys 2.0 

Bit unfair I think. It had improved tenfold in there way before the great escape. 

• Like 1

We're like every other home ground in the division. Quiet. It's not just us.

Best home atmosphere I've seen in a long time was Huddersfield earlier this season. They reminded me of us when we first got promoted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We're like every other home ground in the division. Quiet. It's not just us.

Best home atmosphere I've seen in a long time was Huddersfield earlier this season. They reminded me of us when we first got promoted.

Same as Burnley when they first came up. Novelty value. 

Basically, excited people make noise. It's not rocket science. We really aren't excited at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Same as Burnley when they first came up. Novelty value. 

Basically, excited people make noise. It's not rocket science. We really aren't excited at the moment. 

It’s not down to excitement, HSV for example have been dogshit for ages now but they’ll still sing regardless. In the UK there’s a culture of excuse making along with some other factors but mostly there’s not enough lads interested or they can’t be arsed to get organised.

I’m not in SK1 so this is a touch hypocritical but there’s always some moaning about atmosphere, people will suggest “go to L1 or SK1” and the reply will be “No, it’s shit there too.” unfortunately that attitude is far too prevalent and emblematic of our fanbase.

All of the excuses like acoustics, the ground, proximity to sway fans, team performance etc are exactly that, excuses. Other teams have these issues but it doesn’t stop them.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

It’s not down to excitement, HSV for example have been dogshit for ages now but they’ll still sing regardless. In the UK there’s a culture of excuse making along with some other factors but mostly there’s not enough lads interested or they can’t be arsed to get organised.

I’m not in SK1 so this is a touch hypocritical but there’s always some moaning about atmosphere, people will suggest “go to L1 or SK1” and the reply will be “No, it’s shit there too.” unfortunately that attitude is far too prevalent and emblematic of our fanbase.

All of the excuses like acoustics, the ground, proximity to sway fans, team performance etc are exactly that, excuses. Other teams have these issues but it doesn’t stop them.

Germany =/= England. 

3 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

The atmosphere in SK1 was a lucky coincidence on the back end of the great escape and the following season with the title win. 

Fosse Boys 2.0 

Brilliant lack of understanding there.

They set up and improved the atmosphere way before that. But don't let facts ruin the narative.

10 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I know, the point remains though that our fans can't be arsed and are full of excuses.

I don't really think it's that straightforward to be honest. 

Football support is just much different in this country to elsewhere. It probably won't always be the same but I'm not sure there'll be any short term change while it costs as much as it does. 

What has happened to L1, I can't remember the last game where the vocal support from them was very good.

How do songs get going, is it like how the Kop at Filbert St was where there used to be Kop leaders to start songs off?

It's a genuine question, I see a large number of people standing but not many of them singing.

Edited by one F in Fox

11 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

What has happened to L1, I can't remember the last game where the vocal support from them was very good.

How do songs get going, is it like how the Kop at Filbert St was where there used to be Kop leaders to start songs off?

It's a genuine question, I see a large number of people standing but not many of them singing.

Kop leaders? Was never like that from my memory. Yes the older lads started off the most but in General in a few voices started up everyone joined in. But you have to take into account that those in the pens or even in sk1 once seated where like minded. Out so called kop now has 5 year old kids right through to 86 year old doris. Because the views as good everywhere but the price is a lot cheaper.

If you wanted a seat and a decent view at filbert st. You had to go in the main stand.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, baker11 said:

So many going on about PA's, referees and a spark on the pitch amongst other reasons

Not having this - I travel quite far and put a lot of effort, expense and time in to getting to matches...I watched absolute mind numbing, vacuous, pointless (literally), anti-football tedium for Ranieri's second season...and I'm expected to sing my heart out like a Sunny'D'd blue-smartied maniac on Red Bull?? 

Feel free - but don't criticise others who were way to pissed off with the dog-shite, turgid, dismal, unimaginative, soporific, lethargic, somniferous, listless, torpid garbage that was served up for the 12 months following the league win to happily warble their appreciation and support.

Peace.      

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Keep saying it, but the ground needs a proper pa system with loud music blaring over it, they do it at dortmund, you can here the guy shouting over it on that video, my mate goes there regularly and it's the pa plus the beer that gets everything going and builds the crowd up into a frenzy. Why do they have support acts at rock concerts? it's to get everyone going and build the atmosphere for the main event. If fans want to stick to trying to sing When your smiling or some other death song , fair enough but imo  the root of the problem is the fans are being left to their own devices and not being encouraged by the club.

Hope you don't mind me saying this but I've never read such a load of bollox in my life. You are on a Wind  up?

• Haha 1

Noise is noise at the end of the day but L1 starting singing “You’re just a shit Man United” at the Man City fans, to which they replied “We’re just a shit Man United”  but obviously twice as loud which just embarrassed L1 even more. Other L1 classics include “Just like Leicester, your city is blue” to Liverpool, United, Villa etc etc :rolleyes: