Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Bay as a lifetime fan,since a starry eyed 6 year old in 1969, I have supported and loved our great club even during many many shite and depressing :P years!

I have never criticised UFS for the efforts and sentiment behind what they were trying to achieve. Loud singing and support can only help the lads on the pitch, my issue was an apparent  leaning towards the Ultra style support (imo copying Palace) was fragmenting this aim and diluting it. 

It also appeared that a focus became more about "look at us" than rallying the troops and making a noise "march on Wembley" large banners about UFS at Wembley as opposed to LCFC banners.

All us fans support LCFC so I couldn't  and still don't get why the massive UFS banner? Just an opinion not a criticism.

Pete's raspy voice still starts chants just behind and to the left of me (old school classics), some start to the right in SK2 and obviously SK1 & L1. As Purple has stated some is good when it's not working it's cringey!

Ain't you the lucky one. Shilton, fa cup final.

I got David pleat for my 1st season or so it's a wonder I stuck at it lol

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's not as established as you might think on many parts of the continent actually. A lot of groups have only sprung up in the last 20 years or so.

It's a separate debate, and not really relevant to this discussion, but I agree that just out and out copying Ultras style will never work, in the main, here. We have our terrace traditions and should be proud of them - but there's no reason why we can't build on that with other ideas too.

Either way, they're all a lot more advanced in ultra style support than any club is in Britain. I'm really not all that interested in how teams are supported over on the continent. I just want us to create decent atmospheres. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bert said:

The thing is it's not been in the British culture to have "ultra" style atmospheres. In other European leagues it has been for a very long time. 

Especially after Hillsborough with all the health and safety stuff. We have no safe standing and clubs shit themselves whenever someone lets a pyro off. 

Who cares about the European leagues ? If you do, I suggest you go support a team in Germany and leave the real Leicester fans to supporting Leicester. 

Again, I'm all in support of safe standing but I don't want a safe standing section like Celtic. If anyone went Celtic park a couple years ago, will not what I'm on about. They just jumped and danced around and waved flags. Not interested in watching the actual game. That's what groups like the UFS aspire to be and it's pathetic. What happening to lads going footy with their mates, standing up and singing Leicester songs ? These TIFOs, stickers and black t shirts are not English football. 

Also most people on here , are UFS guys. Go on bentleys roof or other Leicester forums and you'll see how much people agree and like their idealogys. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Who cares about the European leagues ? If you do, I suggest you go support a team in Germany and leave the real Leicester fans to supporting Leicester. 

Again, I'm all in support of safe standing but I don't want a safe standing section like Celtic. If anyone went Celtic park a couple years ago, will not what I'm on about. They just jumped and danced around and waved flags. Not interested in watching the actual game. That's what groups like the UFS aspire to be and it's pathetic. What happening to lads going footy with their mates, standing up and singing Leicester songs ? These TIFOs, stickers and black t shirts are not English football. 

Also most people on here , are UFS guys. Go on bentleys roof or other Leicester forums and you'll see how much people agree and like their idealogys. 

Don't care for them one bit, I was just making a comparison. 

Most of the UFS members are "lads going footy with their mates standing up and singing Leicester songs". I'm also sure that UFS don't aspire to be anything other than their own group. I couldn't tell you, I don't stand with them at games. 

Just now, Bert said:

Don't care for them one bit, I was just making a comparison. 

Most of the UFS members are "lads going footy with their mates standing up and singing Leicester songs". I'm also sure that UFS don't aspire to be anything other than their own group. I couldn't tell you, I don't stand with them at games. 

For a person who stands in L1 but doesn't know them very well. You seem to know a lot about them as people and their ideas. 

So most lads going footy with their mates, Feel the need to take stickers with them and wear black T shirts ? Or follow a German club so you can pretend to be a Ultra for a day ? 

Shouldn't be a group, should just be Leicester fans wanting to improve the atmosphere and that's where I stand on it. I wanna improve the atmosphere but I don't feel the need to create a group with a name and copy Palace. 

Also I was at newcastle away and the whole end was loud. Not just because the UFS where there.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

For a person who stands in L1 but doesn't know them very well. You seem to know a lot about them as people and their ideas. 

So most lads going footy with their mates, Feel the need to take stickers with them and wear black T shirts ? Or follow a German club so you can pretend to be a Ultra for a day ? 

Shouldn't be a group, should just be Leicester fans wanting to improve the atmosphere and that's where I stand on it. I wanna improve the atmosphere but I don't feel the need to create a group with a name and copy Palace. 

Also I was at newcastle away and the whole end was loud. Not just because the UFS where there.  

I used to spend time with a few of them (a good few years ago) and know of other members via here and various other social media aspects.  I don't know what other lads do on away days, couldn't care less about that either to be honest. Have you ever noticed Man Utd's away ends by chance? 85% of that is all black jackets. Did you happen to see the stickers Everton stick to the Liverpool seats on Friday? Or the stickers in the Fleetwood toilets on Saturday that weren't Leicester? 

Just now, Bert said:

I used to spend time with a few of them (a good few years ago) and know of other members via here and various other social media aspects.  I don't know what other lads do on away days, couldn't care less about that either to be honest. Have you ever noticed Man Utd's away ends by chance? 85% of that is all black jackets. 

I have a good take on who's in the UFS on who use to post on here back in the day. 

Also Man Utd wearing black jackets ? What's that got to do with anything ? They are the best away end in the country and thank you for mentioning Man Utd away end. They are proper English football fans, that's what going to footy is all about. They aren't ultras in the slightest and I know a few proper Utd fans who go away all the time. They would laugh at UFS if they seen them. They dont have a group name

or carry stickers or wear t shirts pretending to be ultras. They come to games, stand and sing for 90 mins !!! That's what we should be striving for !!! Nail on the head here. Utd don't need gimmicks and we don't either.

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Sanchez said:

I have a good take on who's in the UFS on who use to post on here back in the day. 

Also Man Utd wearing black jackets ? What's that got to do with anything ? They are the best away end in the country and thank you for mentioning Man Utd away end. They are proper English football fans, that's what going to footy is all about. They aren't ultras in the slightest and I know a few proper Utd fans who go away all the time. They would laugh at UFS if they seen them. They dont have a group name

or carry stickers or wear t shirts pretending to be ultras. They come to games, stand and sing for 90 mins !!! That's what we should be striving for !!! Nail on the head here. Utd don't need gimmicks and we don't either.

Well that they all wear black jackets. So what's the difference with these lads wearing black t-shirts? 

Hugo, you clearly do not like Union FS.

Your enjoyment of the match day is affected by seeing as you say guys all in black t.shirts something which is again like a lot of your points is not true. You don't like the songs UFS sing, you dont like stickers its clear you really do not like them. Why do you stand up with them? Seems to me like if you moved away it would improve your match day experience tenfold.

Again the point has been made numerous times today but they are not trying to be Palace. 

The Bochum link to Leicester is not solely UFS manny guys have been over to Germany after finding out about the link that are not anything to do with UFS. Christ a group of 15 - 20 Baby squad lads went to a Bochum away game.

Edited by baker11
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Hugo, you clearly do not like Union FS.

Your enjoyment of the match day is affected by seeing as you say guys all in black t.shirts something which is again like a lot of your points is not true. You don't like the songs UFS sing, you dont like stickers its clear you really do not like them. Why do you stand up with them? Seems to me like if you moved away it would improve your match day experience tenfold.

Again the point has been made numerous times today but they are not trying to be Palace. 

The Bochum link to Leicester is not solely UFS manny guys have been over to Germany after finding out about the link that are not anything to do with the link. Christ a group of 15 - 20 Baby squad lads went to a Bochum away game.

I'm intrigued Baker....are we talking lads from back in the day, what is the relevance/justification here and what exactly is the link with Bochum as I truly don't know?

I'm 'old school' with my view on football support, like Hugo.

I don't have a ticket in SK1 so I can't  comment on T-shirts or stickers, however I can say the Ultra style of support grinds my gears too!

As stated I will mosey along, have a chat and see for myself at a home match soon.

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'm intrigued Baker....are we talking lads from back in the day, what is the relevance/justification here and what exactly is the link with Bochum as I truly don't know?

I'm 'old school' with my view on football support, like Hugo.

I don't have a ticket in SK1 so I can't  comment on T-shirts or stickers, however I can say the Ultra style of support grinds my gears too!

As stated I will mosey along, have a chat and see for myself at a home match soon.

From what Im lead to believe a fairly large group of BS older guys were in Dusseldorf on the piss. Found out Bochum were in town that weekend, messaged the FB page of the link between the two clubs and arranged beers with some of the Germans. It was 3-4 years ago now.

Numbers exchanged etc and normally the Germans swing by to meet and share a bert with a few of the BS when they are over.

The friendship itself is actually 10 years old next month. Looking like there being 30ish LCFC going over to a game to mark the ocasion.

1 minute ago, baker11 said:

From what Im lead to believe a fairly large group of BS older guys were in Dusseldorf on the piss. Found out Bochum were in town that weekend, messaged the FB page of the link between the two clubs and arranged beers with some of the Germans. It was 3-4 years ago now.

Numbers exchanged etc and normally the Germans swing by to meet and share a bert with a few of the BS when they are over.

The friendship itself is actually 10 years old next month. Looking like there being 30ish LCFC going over to a game to mark the ocasion.

The friendship/ link being? I seriously don't know!

And please explain to me what this sticker thing is about? I know the Palace fans wear black T-shirts I've seen them bell ends first hand :)

21 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Ps that Bert gets everywhere! :D

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The friendship/ link being? I seriously don't know!

And please explain to me what this sticker thing is about? I know the Palace fans wear black T-shirts I've seen them bell ends first hand :)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/filbospirit.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/the-german-leicester/amp/

http://einsachtvieracht.de/2017/09/12/standin-with-my-allies-zu-den-freundschaftlichen-verbindungen-zwischen-leicester-und-bochum/

Those links will help explain it. There was contact between the two clubs about arranging a friendly in pre season but LCFC turned it down due to wanting to play in Hong Kong in that Premier League Tournament.

The next issue of 'The Fox' has a piece on the friebdship i'm lead to believe.

The 'sticker thing' is quite a growing thing in English football culture, id wager nearly all clubs now have stickers allowing fans a chance to leave their mark. I can understand why some fans would not get it but to me its hardly something to get offended over. They act as a good fundraiser for UFS to put on displays etc.

The black t-shirt thing is untrue as previously pointed out.

2 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

On the group name, if they didn't have a name and presented themselves as an 'organisation' of sorts then it would be much harder for others to get involved because there'd be no-one to contact.

Imagine a business or charity trying to operate without a name and contact details. True, it makes it feel less 'spontaneous' but it's probably necessary in order for things to grow.

• Like 2

The only black t shirts I’ve saw in the block before are “we’re all going on a European tour” and let’s be honest people all over the ground had there own designs based on that! 

I don’t mind stickers. It’s actually quite funny when you see a leicester sticker somewhere in a different city. I’ve seen all premier league clubs do it as well. 

But the difference between the babysquad and the UFS is that the babysquad aren't ultras. The babysquad are old school English supporters, the flags and the stickers I can get. I don't mind them, the chants, they're trying. What I think this boils down to aswell , they have a great chance to improve the atmosphere but the ultra thing puts people off abit. Like a lot of people on here are defending them but also aren't part of the group but like singing and standing. Why aren't more people joining ? These guys wanna improve the atmosphere what I'm 100% behind, just the ultra thing let's them down for me. It's not personal because like said I'm sure they're great guys and work hard to improve the atmosphere and I would always back a idea to improve the atmosphere. Hence why I moved to sk1. 

Bert made a great point about UTD away support, I think that's the road we should be going down. Black jackets isn't a Ultra thing either. They don't have UFS printed on them. We should be trying to strive for that kinda of support. 

I will never insult the UFS for trying to improve the atmosphere though because I agree with them on that.

The ironic thing is most UFS are ambivalent at best towards Palace. It only feeds Holmesdale fanatics huge ego too for the ultras scene in general to be conflated and become synonymous with them when in reality like most groups before them adopt and follow different ‘traditions’ of the scene which have become accredited to them to some degree.

If UFS were self proclaimed ultras then they’d be the worst ultras ever, they’ve only ever said they’re a fan group, there are elements of ultra style support but you could say the same of Liverpool’s Kop with the wavers or United’s flags. UFS are really keen to continue old school terrace style support and nobody shouts louder about WYS so a lot of the criticism is unfair or borne out (untrue) perceptions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

But the difference between the babysquad and the UFS is that the babysquad aren't ultras. The babysquad are old school English supporters, the flags and the stickers I can get. I don't mind them, the chants, they're trying. What I think this boils down to aswell , they have a great chance to improve the atmosphere but the ultra thing puts people off abit. Like a lot of people on here are defending them but also aren't part of the group but like singing and standing. Why aren't more people joining ? These guys wanna improve the atmosphere what I'm 100% behind, just the ultra thing let's them down for me. It's not personal because like said I'm sure they're great guys and work hard to improve the atmosphere and I would always back a idea to improve the atmosphere. Hence why I moved to sk1. 

Bert made a great point about UTD away support, I think that's the road we should be going down. Black jackets isn't a Ultra thing either. They don't have UFS printed on them. We should be trying to strive for that kinda of support. 

I will never insult the UFS for trying to improve the atmosphere though because I agree with them on that.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I get that but you keep reiterating this 'ultra' ideology which only stems from your comments and nothing else. 

You've said this thread is full of Union FS and I can say there are only 3 partial members commenting here, hope that helps. The members from years ago are changing due to commitments. 

You'll find United do operate under a few fan group names and at home games they have a block waving flags to try and improve their home atmosphere. 

As for your obvious hatred for the Bochum Friendship, as someone commented in that thread if you don't like it don't comment. A large number of Leicester fans benefit from it. This is the same for the Anderlect friendship which, whilst younger, benefits from reciprocal trips. Including a Leicester fan being the godfather for one of their children. But hey, because we have second teams we're obviously not real Leicester fans as you've repeatedly implied. 

If you were 100% behind improving the atmosphere you wouldn't shoot down everything the group does by claiming this ultra idea. UFS are not ultras, quite far from it. Please come for a pint, might be an eye opener