Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

11 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

West Ham played a team with 5 players (Obiang, Masuaka, Ogbonna, Kouyate and Sahko) who should, in reality, not get anywhere near a National League team, Let alone one in the Premier League. We really should have battered them.

Didn't Sakho come on injury time??? Most of the others are decent players, just lacking in confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The same side that Brighton and Watford spaffed over without thinking or having to defend resolutely. Anybody would think we played Barcelona from that description. 

Didn't see Brighton so can't comment

Aganst watford away they created far more clear cut chances than they did at home against us. 

5 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

His interviews are absolutely painful to listen to. I can’t bring myself to listen to the whole thing. Just imagine being a player and listening to him in the dressing room. 

Have we ever had a more boring manager?

No, I can't understand how our owners could have thought he was a perfect fit to our club. 

3 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

No, I can't understand how our owners could have thought he was a perfect fit to our club. 

If we play well I don’t care how boring he is in interviews. It’s just a shame he’s so dull. I can’t listen to his interviews. 

6 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

His interviews are absolutely painful to listen to. I can’t bring myself to listen to the whole thing. Just imagine being a player and listening to him in the dressing room. 

Have we ever had a more boring manager?

Someone mentioned that all four of second half performances under Puel we’ve lost the lead or gone backwards or something.

I do wonder if his half time team talk message isn’t getting through to the players.

Should have won easily

Hammers very poor but let back into game

Plenty of potential but Puel needs to attend to 

Disorganised defending for set pieces including no man on back post

If Vardy is getting little service then plan B much sooner

Kasper Great shot stopper but no command of area

Not a Simpson fan and vulnerable down our right flank

Big Allbrighton fan but pretty poor this season

Really hope Spurs don’t turn us over

Not sure if already been mentioned but I genuinely think Shakey could have matched or bettered the results that Puel has gotten.

No plan B, knew we would struggle when he played the same team.

WTF was or more to the point wasn't happening with the subs. What is Slimani meant to achieve in 4mins added time?!?  It's all well and good saying in his post match we need to kill games off but we also need to play our own game and not match WH's. 

A few times players were getting stroppy with one another, which doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Much like our transfers I've not seen anything to suggest he was better than what we had before.

53 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Many called for change, me included. Unfortunately doesn't happen overnight. This squad is spent and to play the football Puel wants he is going to have to start phasing players out. He has had 4 games!!! Typical of the instant society we live in now. 

I believe we will come good in the 2nd half of the season. 

I think Mahrez should be left out on Tuesday after that showing. Best for all concerned if we cash in. That is controversy, but a statement of intent. Fuchs also I think. Let's Chilwell play in position A and have 10 games. If doesn't work we need a new one, but I think he will be good at LB.

As for Wes, he is getting les mobile and bigger. We have a mobile CB in Dragovic. Surely using the run of fixtures would be perfect timing to say he is rested for a game and see what Dragovic and Maguire do. 

I agree with a lot of what you say. 

Chilwell I don’t rate though. He looked promising a year ago, but he truth is he can’t defend and though he has a decent ‘engine’ his final ball or end product is awful.

Please see my post above re: selection issues.

We are employing managers who do not seem to value the squad system in terms of dropping players who are below par.

It’s been going on since the title win to our detriment. Sort that out Claude and many other issues will be resolved as a consequence.

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

We'd have been running the game through Andy King yesterday if Shakespear was still in charge. 

People have such short memories, embarrassing really. 

Except for the fact he was starting Iborra when sacked.

11 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Noticeable that Vardy isn’t getting any stick tonight and yet after early promise and that assist for Albrighton he didn’t step up to the mark. Had a couple of chances that he should’ve done better with and his chasing off the ball is back to the level it was when Claudio was sacked last season. 

You must be joking , I don't think he got a decent pass in the 2nd half,the service to him was non existent and he barely had a team mate within 30 yards of him.I am all for criticising where justified but what the heck was he supposed to do.Furthermore,if he had tracked back that would have been all 11 of our players defending in our own half instead of just the 10.Why did he need to track back when we already had 10 men behind the ball.

Frustrating - West Ham were very poor first half & were there for the taking.  It was all too easy for Leicester.  The goal lifted West Ham & the crowd.  I'm surprised we didn't concede in last 6 mins & at the end I was happy we got a point. This slow transition forwards crap doesn't appear to work as we're used to the fast over the top/down the sides movement.  I appreciate CP's trying to introduce a new style but Jeez.  We allowed West Ham to get into the game & let them off the hook  of a potential drumming & Moyes crying into his bru - frustrating!

PS:,what was Top /Rudkin & entourage walking through concourse at HT - going for fag or joining the "lads" trying to kick the door to WH fans :whistle:

37 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Someone mentioned that all four of second half performances under Puel we’ve lost the lead or gone backwards or something.

I do wonder if his half time team talk message isn’t getting through to the players.

The rot has started before half time in each game, we get about 30 minutes then drift off. He just doesn't seem keen on changing his original plan. 

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He’s doing a roaring trade in cds for insomniacs though. 

Not a big fan of the lone striker thought Vardy at times looked like a makeshift winger and was lost  with no Service , really like the formation of 2 strikers whether it’s one behind the other picking up the loose balls or side on feeding one an other ?

Really hoping Puell gets this right and if he is tinkering to see the best formation of where to put Adrien Silva wouldn’t that best be done when he’s available for selection rather than now ?

But the fact that the half time team Talk could be lost in translation makes you think the half time team talks are going over the players heads??

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The game was screaming for an addition of pace or height for us. Shinji to pressurise that middle area we were struggling in, or slim to try and get the long balls. 

I'm staggered Shinji got nowhere near the pitch yesterday. The game was perfect for him.

Archived