Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

Well that was absolute shit. I watched it in the pub. I couldn't drink cos I'm driving but even if I was pissed it wouldn't have put any gloss on that abject performance.

What was Puel thinking putting Chilwell on when we needed a decent attacking player. The defence was steady, if uninspiring. Slimani is not a player who will change a game. Where was Okizaki?

They started worse than bad and we came out wanting it. Sadly when he started to slack @ 20 mins, (like last week) they go on to score, their fans gets behind them and game ended there. 

Negatives

2nd half was horrible, Mahrez needs to see what team he is playing for. 

Postitives

1 point away from home,

Mark scored with a lovely assist from Vardy. 

Wish game had been on Sunday :( 

Noticeable that Vardy isn’t getting any stick tonight and yet after early promise and that assist for Albrighton he didn’t step up to the mark. Had a couple of chances that he should’ve done better with and his chasing off the ball is back to the level it was when Claudio was sacked last season. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

This forum...

Am I the only one who thinks a point away from home against a side who really had to win, is actually a good result?

We defended resolutely and limited them to hardly any chances.

We'd have lost that under Shakey.

I remind myself why I come on here less and less.

lol

Except we didn't lose games like that under him, ever.

There we're plenty of games just like that though getting dominated by shit opposition.

Sorry ... but it’s already been said ... best part of the match ... the final whistle ... totally despondent with the direction we appear to be moving in; promises of effort and being at our best only to watch the huff ‘n’ puff show again ... disappointment (again!)

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Well that was absolute shit. I watched it in the pub. I couldn't drink cos I'm driving but even if I was pissed it wouldn't have put any gloss on that abject performance.

What was Puel thinking putting Chilwell on when we needed a decent attacking player. The defence was steady, if uninspiring. Slimani is not a player who will change a game. Where was Okizaki?

I’m relatively drunk and I can assure you, drinking makes it’s even more frustrating. It seems we are settling for points away against abject oppositon 

I feel like we still need to sell a few and make way for fresh names and a new plan. 

We've tried so many systems with a lot Of these players and they are too one dimensional. 

Sell:

Ulloa, 

Fuchs, 

Huth, 

King, 

Either Okazaki or Slimani 

Drop Wes and get a new CB 

I'd even consider selling Mahrez still.

We need more technical ability, hard work just doesn't cut it now we've been found out.

I think we are starting to see a transition in tactics and coming in to January maybe some playing staff. I think Puel was right to sub Mahrez off. He was not in the game.

I am starting to feel Puel has assessed his players and I don't think he rates much outside of the starting 11. He certainly doesn't rate the strikers. Mahrez had his usual sulk coming off and Puel didn't acknowledge him. I am predicting we will be a different looking squad come the end of the season. Four of five in in Jan. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Away draw is always a good result in the Prem

I see this platitude thrown around here a fair bit. I always think it a bit silly and defeatist, but all sports have these sayings, I get that. But today, in that stadium, where we had tens of thousands of fans on the verge of revolt against their own club, and we couldn't muster the energy (?) to put the tools away... just doesn't seem entirely applicable today. This was an awful result for Leicester. We were beginning to get some momentum in the league before the break, but this game, stacked between MC and tot, we really needed 3 here. And this is a setback, no question.

Did think the lads looked slow, listless, dull, but I am hoping that is the newness of doing what Puel wants us to do. 

We really need a win against a top side, and Tottenham are as likely as anyone with the way they've played lately. Hoping the fightin' Puels are up for it.

A good job the cat wasn't within reach - I would have thrown him at the telly and not the cushions - that was dreadful against probably the poorest team in the premwho should have been there for the taking, In the end. There is something not right in the team but I am not sure yet what it is, 

No where near as bad as people are making it out. 

2nd half we struggled but west ham didn't really have a chance.

We played some really good football in the 1st 40 minutes, we look like a work in progress, which we are again.

That was two crap teams gifting each other a goal and getting a point each. 

We are really really toothless, when both Gray and Mahrez are having an off day. West Ham wanted it so much more than us, so they will feel worse than us.

Also Atkinson was doing my nut in. I actually applauded when he finally gave Albrighton a freekick at the very end after a whole game of ignoring free kicks against him, especially as Slim was not allowed to be physical at all. Kind of surprised he didn't fell for Ayew's sickening dive.

Oh well. We had an off day and got a point. I should have continued watching Ozark instead of watching some of the highest paid players in the world play out this scrappy crap. 

West ham were shite. We were shite

Either keeper did **** all really. 

We made them look good. Once again we concede before half time by seconds and it cost us.

And how many times  will we concede away from home from a set piece. 

This season it's been Arsenal, Man Utd, Stoke, Swansea and here. Simply not good enough. 

Are we not allowed to make more than two subs? Simply bizarre we don't want to take anyone off 

Sky coverage was shit and so biased towards West ham. Especially Martin Tyler 

Praising West ham fans for getting behind the team and basically not leaving early??! Wtf. Atmosphere was dull on TV. Summed up the game 

Play like today vs Spurs and we'll get smashed 

There were moments in the first half when we were genuinely awesome, stroking the ball around and bossing the game away from home. However, I don't think the team actually came out for the second half though because we did absoulte **** all.

But I think there is way too much negativity on here. You'd think we got beat 5-1 at home like Everton on here judging by some posts! I do think though that Puel needs to address the issue of poor second half performances, because we just fade away and stop competing, or at least it feels that way.

Personally I still see a lot of potential as he's trying to turn us into a team that can play. That is going to take time and its probably going to take one or two players that he wants to bring in. Of course I could see it backfiring if he can't energise our fanbase, so it's a bit of a tightrope to walk.

Overall not the best but not the worst.

Archived