Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

Concerning was what I took from this game. Played a team that are simply awful and we couldn't really create anything. A lot more passing to our normal game but without any real penetration. Ilborra looks like our only real passer. Getting really tired with Mahrez and Gray's almost lazy persona on the field. Passes that are either hit too shot or just off the mark. Best note from the game Albrighton and Simpson only ones who came to play. One last thing, why does Kasper come off line and not jump or command his box. Just ends up on his arse.

Just now, teblin said:

No where near as bad as people are making it out. 

2nd half we struggled but west ham didn't really have a chance.

We played some really good football in the 1st 40 minutes, we look like a work in progress, which we are again.

Stop talking sense, they don't understand it 

We got good goal, we went into a stupa of just playing out the game, they went and scored.  Second half was a non event.

I'm really confused are we a counter attacking team or we passing team?  At times we well over played.

We lacked something in the second half.  I'm not sure what it is...

Puel gets a big fat zero from me for a lack of management in that second half. The subs were utterly bizarre. Mahrez off yes maybe as he was a greedy tw@t this evening, but Chilwell with no real attempt to change our set up?  I fail to understand that. Then Slimani did best to give the game away with two needless free kicks.

First 30 we were good, but largely imploded after that. Worrying. Ndidi gets a lot of plaudits on here and often rightly so. But his first touch is poor and puts him under huge pressure. 

When we played a counter attacking style with 30-40% possession we looked impregnable at the back with Huth Kasper Morgan and Simpson happy to defend ever deeper . We have added a highly rated England centre back to the mix and play a style aimed at a higher percentage of possession but look just terrible when The oppo attack in the final 3rd . Every side in the division must look at our panicky and disorganised defending and know exactly how to play against us 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

This forum...

Am I the only one who thinks a point away from home against a side who really had to win, is actually a good result?

We defended resolutely and limited them to hardly any chances.

We'd have lost that under Shakey.

I remind myself why I come on here less and less.

lol

Did you watch the game?? The result is OK but the performance in the second half was dross. West Ham are relegation material and we didn't try to beat them after they scored. We played horribly in the second half - not one attack of note. The final whistle came as a relief when it shouldn't have.

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

Going to have to move the furniture around so I can hide behind the settee for the Spurs match. 

Presumably we'll set up as we did vs Man City. Basically get all the men behind the ball, barely get out of our own half and not have a shot on target. It is the Puel way.

As for Puel, persisting with Gray who still combines confident talk and skill with little end product, trying to get Mahrez to work as a 10, playing Benny C as a winger and appearing to settle for a draw early in to the 2nd half leaves me a bit worried. To be fair he probably needs time to get his ideas across and I hope it comes good. Worried for Tuesday though.  

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

We got good goal, we went into a stupa of just playing out the game, they went and scored.  Second half was a non event.

I'm really confused are we a counter attacking team or we passing team?  At times we well over played.

We lacked something in the second half.  I'm not sure what it is...

Tactical insight from the manager?

Just now, reynard said:

Presumably we'll set up as we did vs Man City. Basically get all the men behind the ball, barely get out of our own half and not have a shot on target. It is the Puel way.

Oh dear god :yawn:

...and we'll still lose...if we got anything out the game great but we'll be boring, still lose and may aswell go home at half time.

Archived