Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Mahrez v Gray. Gray v Mahrez

Both are greedy and both need to watch videos of KDB and David Silva. Gray appear to be a little less selfish than Mahrez. 

Mahrez clearly has an ego and throws his dummy out more than Gray but bizarrely nobody on here ever accuses him of having attitude problems. Half our fan base are brain dead agenda driven morons.

I flippin hope Puel will have some serious words with both of them. Last nights attitude and decision making from both of them were horrendous. I lost a lot for Gray, when he was nowhere near Vardy's cross because he threw a tantrum for Mahrez not passing him.

No excuses, they are well capable of playing in the same team. It's got nothing to do with the system. The system cannot be judged unless the players are playing to the best of their ability. They as individuals failed last night (Mahrez more than Gray for me, but it's the general inconsistency which is the issue).

They both need a proper bollocking. Someone needs to show them that this is a team game and selfishness will not be tolerated. They both have an attitude problem, they always have. They are equally arrogant and play for themselves. No argument about it. It's time people accepted this.

That, I suspect, is why Gray has never nailed a regular place down and Mahrez has had his critics over the last year and a bit.

1 hour ago, psychonaut said:

The world class argument is a bit silly though really, obviously it all depends on how we each define world class. You'd end up arguing to the ends of the earth over semantics.

That’s fair comment 

it’s subjective for sure 

He's clearly a good player, and I understand as a professional athlete he wants to be involved and contributing to the team....but Dimi Gray just strikes me as a right spoilt ****. 

Mahrez is just as bad but I can hack that a bit more given he's been shortlisted for a Ballon D'or and won the player of the year award. He's clearly absolutely class, streaks ahead of what Gray will ever be really. 

I thought Gray played well last night, Mahrez could have been gold, but he kept getting manhandled by the West Ham players. Moyes had obviously told them to keep those two in check. Gray last night for me was better for the team than Mahrez had some smart moves at times to relieve pressure and try to create. 

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No excuses, they are well capable of playing in the same team. It's got nothing to do with the system. The system cannot be judged unless the players are playing to the best of their ability. They as individuals failed last night (Mahrez more than Gray for me, but it's the general inconsistency which is the issue).

They both need a proper bollocking. Someone needs to show them that this is a team game and selfishness will not be tolerated. They both have an attitude problem, they always have. They are equally arrogant and play for themselves. No argument about it. It's time people accepted this.

That, I suspect, is why Gray has never nailed a regular place down and Mahrez has had his critics over the last year and a bit.

Think this sums it up pretty well. 

I thought Mahrez did well last night, probably the only player who showed some reel desire to get forward. Still don’t like Gray, he thinks that he is far better than he actually is... he wasn’t that good last night, still would be happy to see him go if we got a replacement. 

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Livid with both of them after last night, relentlessly giving the ball away and playing selfishly, absolute dogshit, hope Puel drops both of them, make a point about it, nose off to spite the face :) 

100% this...

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Both are greedy and both need to watch videos of KDB and David Silva. Gray appear to be a little less selfish than Mahrez. 

Mahrez clearly has an ego and throws his dummy out more than Gray but bizarrely nobody on here ever accuses him of having attitude problems. Half our fan base are brain dead agenda driven morons.

Only half?

2 hours ago, Koke said:

it might be that half are brain dead and half are agenda driven morons - so that if these are independent then that would mean 25% are just brain dead.. 25% are just agenda driven morons... and 25% are both... leaving 25% who are neither...  sounds about right.

If these guys work out how to pass the ball to each other they would be dynamite. So frustrating to watch! Someone needs to show them footage of Salah / Firminho / Mane, because those guys operate in a tandem beautifully. You should be equally happy if you score, or if you assist your team mate.

Football is a TEAM game!!!

16 hours ago, Koke said:

apart from people giong a full season calling him sulky, uncommitted and playing for a move (they still do btw)! many here went on and on and on about how he wasn't happy getting subbed off vs pool (i think). 

you couldn't have used a worse example. 

i really like gray (as a player) and still want him to start, i saw past a lot of his mishaps but, my patience is running thin and people throwing other players under the bus to make him look good isn't the smartest thing to do going forward 

Looking into mrs foxinsovjs crystal ball i see mahrez moving in jan... to a european side.  Its a shame that a player with silky skills that work in the pl will be lost... but hes psychologically in a mess.  His decision making is poor as he tries to have an impact on each game. 

That leaves us stuck with gray.  His future depends on if some coach or mentor can get his head straight and he can work on improving.  Is he januzai or rashford?

We shoild use the mahrez money on a prem centre forward with a proven first touch (eg rondon) and a flare player to replace mahrez and or grey

7 hours ago, the fox said:

apart from people giong a full season calling him sulky, uncommitted and playing for a move (they still do btw)! many here went on and on and on about how he wasn't happy getting subbed off vs pool (i think). 

you couldn't have used a worse example. 

i really like gray (as a player) and still want him to start, i saw past a lot of his mishaps but, my patience is running thin and people throwing other players under the bus to make him look good isn't the smartest thing to do going forward 

It's not really throwing other players under the bus. If you are able to look past Mahrez mishaps and childlike behaviour then you should do it for everyone. The reality they both have an ego, both play for themselves, and both think they are better than they are. Both are as bad as each other in those regards. It's about time people accepted this.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Looking into mrs foxinsovjs crystal ball i see mahrez moving in jan... to a european side.  Its a shame that a player with silky skills that work in the pl will be lost... but hes psychologically in a mess.  His decision making is poor as he tries to have an impact on each game. 

That leaves us stuck with gray.  His future depends on if some coach or mentor can get his head straight and he can work on improving.  Is he januzai or rashford?

We shoild use the mahrez money on a prem centre forward with a proven first touch (eg rondon) and a flare player to replace mahrez and or grey

i agree with you on the Rondon thing 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

It's not really throwing other players under the bus. If you are able to look past Mahrez mishaps and childlike behaviour then you should do it for everyone. The reality they both have an ego, both play for themselves, and both think they are better than they are. Both are as bad as each other in those regards. It's about time people accepted this.

i didn't say a bad thing about gray after the game on here, what i'm trying to say is, if you are trying to defend a player (which you should) just make sure that you don't point a finger and yell "hey, look! here is a player that i think is doing the same, but he does it worse, why aren't people picking on him"

to tell you the truth, i like you, koke, you are one of my favourite posters here, we share a lot of opinions but i must say that i disagree

you of all people should know that riyad was dragged time and time again for the past 12-16 months as if he was a professional mud wrestler. i can't believe that you actually think riyad wasn't one of the most slated players here. (if not public enemy number 1)

you got mad because people got at gray but, you had no problem going in on riyad yesterday

On 25/11/2017 at 09:42, Koke said:

Mahrez has an attitude problem. He thinks he's bigger than the club. Selfish on the pitch and throws his dummy out when subbed.

I wouldn't blame Puel if he benched him for a gane or two.

makeup your mind, you can't have both!

we all have our favourites, and it would be a real shame to start a gray agenda :ph34r:lol

Archived