Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

PDC World Darts Championship 2018

Its incredible how so many people are that stupid they cant differentiate between the BDO and the PDC and have to belittle one.

Incredible standard in the BDO considering most of them are working 60-70 hours weeks just to be able to afford to play County/Super league matches, let alone the European events.

You think the BDO players are laughable!?...Go on then, lets see you get on the stage and average 85+ 

• Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 22:58, The Bear said:

What the hell is Gerwen Price doing in the Premier League? He's done nothing.

Done more than Smith or Whitlock in the last year but still pretty uninspiring.

On a lighter note, this is brilliant, Olly Murs the gift that keeps on giving...although to be fair I guess Taylor could sound like Tables ??

23 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Its incredible how so many people are that stupid they cant differentiate between the BDO and the PDC and have to belittle one.

Incredible standard in the BDO considering most of them are working 60-70 hours weeks just to be able to afford to play County/Super league matches, let alone the European events.

You think the BDO players are laughable!?...Go on then, lets see you get on the stage and average 85+ 

First off you would have to say that the gap between the 2 org's when it comes to marketing and promotion is vast. The PDC has done incredibly well and has expanded the game to some level. The BDO must be one of the worlds most derided sports governing bodies.

You wouldn't believe the amount of ignorance on show about the BDO's players where I live though. It' been that way for about 14 years now.

The Tony Fleet thing is always going to be a twitter joke/meme but its not as if the last 32 at Ally Pally is perfect either though obviously not to that scale. Comparing it to the PDC World final is unfair.

The other thing about it is that his opponent Martin Adams was up until recently always ridiculed himself by association. People have been slow to realise that he could easily make a Top 10 list of Greatest Ever Darts Players in history.

The strange thing too from the PDC last 8 was that 3 of them (Cross, Lewis, Van De Burgh) never qualified for Lakeside when they entered.

• Thanks 1

Most of the BDO players can't manage that either.

I always look forward to it every year for three reasons.

1. The booming echo of the darts hitting the board like an Elephant falling over in an empty warehouse.

2. Mr "Wom Humrerrrrrrrd" calling the scores.

3. Tony Green's annual claim of how it's the best darts tournament with the best players in the world.

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Most of the BDO players can't manage that either.

I always look forward to it every year for three reasons.

1. The booming echo of the darts hitting the board like an Elephant falling over in an empty warehouse.

2. Mr "Wom Humrerrrrrrrd" calling the scores.

3. Tony Green's annual claim of how it's the best darts tournament with the best players in the world.

I love how they use proper dart boards in this event with correct sized trebles.

Tony Green needs to be put out of his misery, hysterical how excited he gets when he see's somebody dressed up as Elvis, not to mention when the camera manages to pick out Charlie Slater who used to be in Eastenders ?? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I do like the women's matches, and will watch them. Though the majority of it is painfully bad.

Of course it is, you're absolutely right, I don't actually watch the women's matches myself, but that's half the point isn't it? It NEEDS to develop, it needs to move on from the Gulliver era and the best way to do that is with exposure to younger women. It'll never reach the men's standard as no-one will ever make enough to go pro, but without the BDO giving it a chance it'd be going nowhere.

you get a grand for winning one match in the women's comp. so anyone with a daughter, if she is old enough to pick things up, get her trained. all she needs to do is hit the board and there's a free bit of money once she turns 18. 

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2018 at 15:18, The Bear said:

I do like the women's matches, and will watch them. Though the majority of it is painfully bad.

Painful being the correct word in my experience.....I remember playing a mixed doubles game ...We needed double 4 to win and the girl I was partnering said where’s double 4. ?  As I was standing reasonably close to the board I walked forward and put middle finger of my right hand to show her where it was...before I could take my finger away she threw a dart and yes it stuck right in the said middle finger....excruciatingly painful ...??

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

UK Open started this afternoon.MVG,Lewis,Wright and Thornton allready out.It's Andersons to lose,but my money is on Bunting.

A bizarre night, I would think a few will try and blame the lack of a crowd but tbf the likes of Lewis, Chisnell and Thornton going out aren't really shocks at all,  Adrian has had issues for well over a year now and the others pretty much blow hot and cold weekly.

Hope like every event that Gando can win it, but Cross, Smith and Gurney must be fancying this even more now.

Mervyn King or Ian White as a darkish horse