Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

What's The Worst Smell You've Ever Encountered?

After 10 years of nursing I find it hard to notice bad smells anymore. I think my worst smells would be:

-Infected bile from a bile bag.

-Dead gut.

-C-diff poo. Also sometimes the poo of someone enterally fed (can often have a really strong cheese like smell, imagine mature cheddar x100).

-Patients with dead limbs following severe sepsis, we usually just leave the dead digits attached until they are well enough to be amputated or just drop off. After a while it really smells.

-Had a homeless gentleman with infected leg ulcers that were full of maggots, oh god did that stink.

-A girl I work with ****ing stinks and never brushes her teeth. She smells of toilet duck and her teeth are always full of rotten food. Also she has the thickest most annoying Glasgow accent you could ever hear.

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

A decomposed body that had been in front of his gas fire for 2 weeks. A kind of smell that never leaves you.

Burning flesh from a man's legs burned to the bone (literally) in a burning car.

Gangrene on a old mans feet who wore wellies and never took them off. He even slept in them. (He had been a homeless person and was now living in a bedsit, alone. He himself was pretty ripe). He had attempted to make his own dressings out of bits of clothes and hadn't had any other treatment until he couldn't walk or physically get his wellies off and called us. We had to cut his boots off and the smell and the sight was absolutely sickening. There were maggots in his flesh which was infected decaying and rotting. I imagine it was a bit like trenchfoot in the WW1. Even thinking about it now, I'm getting queasy.

With you on the body in a flat with heating on for a week plus scenario Para - just about the time the skin starts exploding leaving what looks like mince meat hanging out is quite a pungent smell to be fair 

searching for possibly a dead body at Wanlip sewerage plant wasn’t the most pleasant of experiences either 

ooh and not forgetting (again I agree with you Para) a burnt body from a lady who had literally been burnt to death is a smell I will definitely never ever forget 

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

With you on the body in a flat with heating on for a week plus scenario Para - just about the time the skin starts exploding leaving what looks like mince meat hanging out is quite a pungent smell to be fair 

searching for possibly a dead body at Wanlip sewerage plant wasn’t the most pleasant of experiences either 

Eugh!

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

I went to Hull for a work meeting a few years ago, and their office was next to a dog food factory

I've never smelt something more horrendous in my life, no idea how they put up with it every day in that office

They live in Hull.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 23:56, z-layrex said:

After 10 years of nursing I find it hard to notice bad smells anymore. I think my worst smells would be:

-Infected bile from a bile bag.

-Dead gut.

-C-diff poo. Also sometimes the poo of someone enterally fed (can often have a really strong cheese like smell, imagine mature cheddar x100).

-Patients with dead limbs following severe sepsis, we usually just leave the dead digits attached until they are well enough to be amputated or just drop off. After a while it really smells.

-Had a homeless gentleman with infected leg ulcers that were full of maggots, oh god did that stink.

-A girl I work with ****ing stinks and never brushes her teeth. She smells of toilet duck and her teeth are always full of rotten food. Also she has the thickest most annoying Glasgow accent you could ever hear.

They all sound repulsive, but the Govan accent that sounds fcuking terrible 

My house after I had spent over 16 grand in the courts to get it back. The carpet in the living room was inch deep in half decomposed turds and the ceiling had come down immediately below the bathroom. The neighbours said they could smell it from their house when I opened the windows. The smell was a thousand times worse than the infamous Glastonbury toilets.

I left the windows open and buggered off back to work to return the following weekend. I came back armed with elbow length industrial gloves, a Stanley knife and a boiler suit. I cut the carpet into pieces, put it in thick black bin bags and drove with open windows in freezing cold weather to the tip. Couldn't burn it outside because it was still too wet and the garden had been left to turn into a jungle. Did three more trips to the tip that day with my car filled to the roof lining with bleddy rubbish. Then I fixed the plumbing. No chance of anyone trying to break into a house with all the windows open with that smell. Had to carry on renting until enough of the house was habitable to be able to move back in. A year later the house is almost sorted back to where it was before I left. I wouldn't like to say how many more grand I have spent putting it to rights. And the utility suppliers have more or less stopped pestering me to pay bills which had not been paid while I was not living in it.

And the culprit: the one person in your life who you can't take to court to get your money back!!!

25 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

My house after I had spent over 16 grand in the courts to get it back. The carpet in the living room was inch deep in half decomposed turds and the ceiling had come down immediately below the bathroom. The neighbours said they could smell it from their house when I opened the windows. The smell was a thousand times worse than the infamous Glastonbury toilets.

I left the windows open and buggered off back to work to return the following weekend. I came back armed with elbow length industrial gloves, a Stanley knife and a boiler suit. I cut the carpet into pieces, put it in thick black bin bags and drove with open windows in freezing cold weather to the tip. Couldn't burn it outside because it was still too wet and the garden had been left to turn into a jungle. Did three more trips to the tip that day with my car filled to the roof lining with bleddy rubbish. Then I fixed the plumbing. No chance of anyone trying to break into a house with all the windows open with that smell. Had to carry on renting until enough of the house was habitable to be able to move back in. A year later the house is almost sorted back to where it was before I left. I wouldn't like to say how many more grand I have spent putting it to rights. And the utility suppliers have more or less stopped pestering me to pay bills which had not been paid while I was not living in it.

And the culprit: the one person in your life who you can't take to court to get your money back!!!

Jesus?

32 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

The queen? Or ghosts, do they shit solids?

12 hours in the hull of a ship in 3rd class overnight across lake Victoria. Feet and BO with no airflow. I had to keep going up to the deck to breathe, but I couldn't stay out there too long as I was getting bitten to death and it was freezing. I flew back.

24 hours on a train in India. Food, feet, BO and bodily waste. The toilets. :nono:. Unfortunately, I couldn't fly back, so had to do the reverse journey, so really 48 hours, but by then I think I had become 'adjusted'.  

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:53, Parafox said:

A decomposed body that had been in front of his gas fire for 2 weeks. A kind of smell that never leaves you.

Burning flesh from a man's legs burned to the bone (literally) in a burning car.

Gangrene on a old mans feet who wore wellies and never took them off. He even slept in them. (He had been a homeless person and was now living in a bedsit, alone. He himself was pretty ripe). He had attempted to make his own dressings out of bits of clothes and hadn't had any other treatment until he couldn't walk or physically get his wellies off and called us. We had to cut his boots off and the smell and the sight was absolutely sickening. There were maggots in his flesh which was infected decaying and rotting. I imagine it was a bit like trenchfoot in the WW1. Even thinking about it now, I'm getting queasy.

As I mentioned earlier, the decomposed body stench is gut wrenching. I had to stand close to it for eleven hours, and when I think of it, I still feel physically sick, There was another body in a house, lying in masses of his own s--t. The social worker who  was me, as she had a property key, collapsed. That smell as evil too.

Burning flesh, like gangrene, is sickening.---Thank God I have retired.

I was working on a farm in albaina 11  years ago I found a pile of dead birds they looked like they'd been there for weeks it was the most rotten vile stench I have ever smelt. the feathers were dry and crumbling all the while it was 35 degrees celcius in the middle of August. Being the 13 year old I was I put them in a bag and put them in my (at the time 15 year old) sisters bag.??????? 

Was I a terrible brother?

Archived