Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Albrighton. Underrated?

Was fantastic today and v Spurs. 

Has a tendency to always cut back onto his right foot and launch it, and in some games that all he seems to do. That's when he frustrates me. When he puts a little more thought into his play then he's very good. Can never question his work ethic though, no matter how well he plays.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Who says he’s underrated?. Excellent player, always willing and plays with a smile on his face

He’s not to me. I think he’s class on his day. Just feels like he’s not quiet considered in high enough regard by the masses for the hard work he often does. Guy does the hard yards like I say....

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

He’s not to me. I think he’s class on his day. Just feels like he’s not quiet considered in high enough regard by the masses for the hard work he often does. Guy does the hard yards like I say....

I think most our fans love him tbh.

It's only a small but loud minority who seem to not rate him.

• Like 1

Not underrated at our club but definitely by the rest of the league. He can consider himself unfortunate not to have at least one England cap given his constiency over the last few years, and his premier league winners medal.

This season he was off form for a number of games but since he's come back in he's looked good again. Puel is using him a bit differently, he comes in more often now and tries to link up play. I think the player doesn't know how good he is or can be, because he's definitely someone who has improved a lot under Puel.

• Like 1

He has been an excellent signing for a free.

Having said that let's not rewrite history, he has been mostly poor this season until last few games, and was terrible until Claudio was sacked last year, excellent thereafter.

I'm always a bit baffled as to why he has this reputation for never having poor games. His work rate can't be questioned, but that doesn't equate to performing adequately.

Personally, I don't think he is cut out for international level, but given some of the call ups in recent years he can perhaps feel aggrieved not to have been part of the conversation.

• Like 2

For a Tamworth lad, he’s local, but equally miles apart as a Villa fan with family. That said he’s racked up plenty of appearances for us now, scored our first Champions League goal and certainly, since day one, looks like a player who’s playing for his home town team. He runs and runs....

Dare I say it, it feels like Albrighton is now one of us, proper.

8 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

MOTM today. Superb effort against Spurs as well.

Apprecite players ebb and flow with form, but is this guy one of those players underrated by City fans?

I get he’s not the headline player who get the match winning goals, or last man tackles, but he seems a really honest player who for several seasons now does the “hard yards”.

I think an Albrighton in form is a wonderful addition to our lineup and almost undroppable.... do you?

He has been OTT hacked and criticised on this forum...Top profi, top club player.

Has sometimes indifferent moments in games,never failed to put in a shift, when he isnt on his game.

IMO..more than Mahrez can be quiet, but can explode into action  and win a game with a great assist,

or score himself out of the blue...

Many posters give his dues and earned plaudits,there there are  the odd (odd) ones who keep getting on his case,

and blabber out OTT negatives.

Always in my top 12. Most games so far one of my 1st Selections, but new manager should try new options.

Nobody should be considered 1st choice.Could be if Silva is considered a must, if he settles, Gray and Albrighton

could be vying for selection.

Hes been one of the real successes in this 5 year period, some believe otherwise(cant understand)

Was our worst established first team player in the opening 8-10 games this season, he's massively picked his form up though since Shakespeare left. I did wonder how he'd fit in to this system of Puel's but with plenty of willing run sets around him he's very good at playing them in and long may it continue. 

It's still quite astounding we got him on a free.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, martyn said:

He has been an excellent signing for a free.

Having said that let's not rewrite history, he has been mostly poor this season until last few games, and was terrible until Claudio was sacked last year, excellent thereafter.

I'm always a bit baffled as to why he has this reputation for never having poor games. His work rate can't be questioned, but that doesn't equate to performing adequately.

Personally, I don't think he is cut out for international level, but given some of the call ups in recent years he can perhaps feel aggrieved not to have been part of the conversation.

Players who work hard often gets more leeway if they're poor. He was poor the first 10 games of the season. Today and against Spurs he was good.

Great player for us but I wish sometimes he'd put more thought into his game rather than be a bit one dimensional. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

Just now, matty98 said:

He's not underrated, wish people would stop saying someone's underrated after a good game. He gets praise when he plays well and criticism when he plays badly, that's how it should be. 

Maybe he has a different estimation of the definition of the word 'underrated'.