Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Christmas 2017

Has anyone finished their festive shopping already, or on the other end of the scale (like me) haven't purchased anything for Christmas yet.
What would you want to have from others?

Might leave it until the week before, as this time of year makes me feel less and less keen on this period. :whistle:
Edited by Wymeswold fox

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:
Has anyone finished their festive shopping already, or on the other end of the scale (like me) haven't purchased anything for Christmas yet.
What would you want to have from others?

Might leave it until the week before, as this time of year makes me feel less and less keen on this time of year imo. :whistle:

I’m almost done, most of it wrapped and stashed away. Just got to pick up my sons city shirt that I bought online Black Friday. Easy this year.

We're a bit in limbo until we know whether we're moving before Xmas or not. Don't want to put up the trimmings, don't want to buy anything big so we don't have to take it with us. It's a bit annoying really.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

We're a bit in limbo until we know whether we're moving before Xmas or not. Don't want to put up the trimmings, don't want to buy anything big so we don't have to take it with us. It's a bit annoying really.

I can wait til after Xmas for my present if that helps webbo?

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm hoping the house party will be at your new position

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Got a work Christmas party coming up?

This link gives advice on how to get through it if you're feeling apprehensive about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-42343457/how-to-cope-at-the-office-christmas-party

No hope for me I fear. We're having a work dinner followed by a performance by none other than Sam Bailey. 

There's no getting through that. 

got a couple more bits to get but mostly done.

with family numbers slowly dwindling the number of gifts in recent years has dropped significantly thankfully. 

adults buying presents for other adults is pathetic tbh. will feel less put-out by gifting when we have kids I guess.

but yeah, **** the xmas rat-race bullshit. it can suck my bell.

I'm looking forward to good food, a few drinks, some fine green and spending some time with family, etc. 

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

got a couple more bits to get but mostly done.

with family numbers slowly dwindling the number of gifts in recent years has dropped significantly thankfully. 

adults buying presents for other adults is pathetic tbh. will feel less put-out by gifting when we have kids I guess.

but yeah, **** the xmas rat-race bullshit. it can suck my bell.

I'm looking forward to good food, a few drinks, some fine green and spending some time with family, etc. 

Having kids at Xmas is brilliant, it’s like being a child again and all the magic you felt as a child. I’m dreading the day they grow into teenagers and just become expectant ungrateful gits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Having kids at Xmas is brilliant, it’s like being a child again and all the magic you felt as a child. I’m dreading the day they grow into teenagers and just become expectant ungrateful gits.

Enjoy it while they're young. They grow up so quick.

• Like 1

Right I’m bored, demotivated at work and in full holiday mode. What are everyone’s plans for Christmas

When do you finish at work?

How many days do you have off? Are you cooking the dinner this year?

Are going out Xmas eve?

etc etc.

I technically finish on Friday but I’m struggling to keep going, the last few weeks have been tough and now it’s winding down, I’ve all but switched off. I’m off from Friday the 22nd and go back to work on Jan 2nd, I wish I’d saved more holiday tbh. We are round the in laws for Xmas this year so I will only be doing the breakfast, so stress free and even Boxing Day has been taken care of. Really looking forwards to this one :scarf:

Finish work tomorrow and return on 2nd Jan. As a project planner though im sure I will be roped into doing some work over the xmas period but I work from home so its no biggie.

Xmas day the mother in law works (manageress at Grey Lady in Newtown Linford) So we always get party food from waitrose to graze on throughout the day then have xmas dinner about 8pm when she is back from work.

Boxing Day going round my aunties round the corner for nibbles and drinks.

27th December is mine and the wifes anniversary of being together. 14 years it will be since I asked her out.

New Years Eve we no longer go out as its Ashtons birthday on New Years Day. So once he goes sleep we will crack open some champagne and decorate the house. He will be 4 years old.

No doubt I will be hungover for when I return to work on 2nd. Busy times

• Like 1

Finish work at 1pm Friday. We’ve got quite a few people of this week so just told the rest of the lads at work to take it easy and wind down. Out on Friday night with a few us from work curry & a few beers. 

Christmas Day going round the in-laws for dinner then about 5ish head over to my parents for the evening. 

No plans for Christmas Eve or Boxing Day as of yet. 

• Like 1