Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Sit Down or Stand Up?

We should Stand up, for people who want to sit down

We should have a Sit-in, to demonstrate our right to Stand-up.

We shouldnt take anything sitting down, we should always stand up for what we believe...

Too many just sitting on the issue and refuse to under-stand.

Its time we made a last stand, to show the Fa ,we aint going to take their sh*t , while sitting down.

Oh I give up, all this Standing, makes me faint, I need to sit down.

We dont need a chairman, its obvious by name what their bias views will be, and any political fight

would be an automatic loss, they are only interested in winning seats.

Even the standing area is called the terr arses....:P

Safe standing needs to come in.

If nothing else it would beat unsafe standing considering nothing will ever make people sit anyway.

Improves atmosphere and saves stewards being shouted at for doing their job.

Used to like to stand up but couldn't do 90 minutes now due to a dodgy back! I like being seated now anyway. But ... I believe strongly that there's room for all of us and if there was a vote I  would vote for a standing area. I like noise and atmosphere at a football match it's a huge part of it and I'm convinced that the noise we made in our winning season had a positive effect on our team.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Can I just say though, I do feel my most vulnerable when i'm standing up. Afraid almost. I'm not sure about this "safe standing" marlarky.

Have a look on You Tube videos explaining how safe standing works. You really couldn’t be any safer with it...

19 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Can I just say though, I do feel my most vulnerable when i'm standing up. Afraid almost. I'm not sure about this "safe standing" marlarky.

Select your place in a seating area then, football stadiums shouldn’t be one method for everyone, seats will still be available and then there will also be no excuse for persistent standing in seated areas.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

How isn't safe standing here yet?

My guess is if the Hillsborough disaster had happened in a different country, we’d probably have safe standing here by now.

I imagine we’ll be last to the party with this out of respect for the victims and to ensure everything is properly tested over and over.

There’s probably a bit of extra nervousness about it in this country for obvious reasons and no one wants to upset the families of the 96 by rushing it through.

Everything I’ve read and seen suggests it’s perfectly safe and if I had my way, every PL ground would have it place by now. But it’s still seen as a political hot potato I guess..

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My guess is if the Hillsborough disaster had happened in a different country, we’d probably have safe standing here by now.

I imagine we’ll be last to the party with this out of respect for the victims and to ensure everything is properly tested over and over.

There’s probably a bit of extra nervousness about it in this country for obvious reasons and no one wants to upset the families of the 96 by rushing it through.

Everything I’ve read and seen suggests it’s perfectly safe and if I had my way, every PL ground would have it place by now. But it’s still seen as a political hot potato I guess..

As an electorate, we tend to vote with our feelings rather than our heads, so I fear this will never get through....

6 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm sure it lingers over any change in regulations, I believe that our government is worried about any change, we have the safest stadiums in the world and a billion pound brand to protect, I just don't think any government will have the balls to change the current regulations sadly.

6 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It did, Hysel and that was the reason for pens in the first place.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

It did, Hysel and that was the reason for pens in the first place.

I didn't realise Heysel was the reason for pens? 

Edited by Izzy Muzzett