Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

He’s young and not ready, I personally would like him to play in the lesser games to get experience, but is far to naive defensively against good players, to justify a regular first team spot at premier league level.

Not going on last night, and how much he got found out, but I thought this for a while, needs to get defensively better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Just hope he isn't dropped.

He's a human, he's bound to make mistakes, and on top of that he's young and still learning.

It's important not to just bin off youngsters after one mistake. We've all made mistakes at work while still learning.

The problem is the margins in this league are so fine! He is making massive errors defensively and costing us points!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

The problem is the margins in this league are so fine! He is making massive errors defensively and costing us points!

That applies to most players.

Kasper has conceded simple free kicks, Vardy has missed one on ones, Fuchs gets beaten with ease.... Other than yesterday where has Chilwell cost us a goal? I recall him playing a stupid ball across his 6 yard box in a game but it didn't lead to anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Chilwell shouldn't be anywhere near the first team at the moment. 

I really don't know what his position is. He seems to be a liability going forward as he sometimes gets into good positions but time after time makes the wrong decisions. He doesn't fill me with confidence defending either. The only thing he seems to do well consistently is that he has this burst of pace near the halfway line as he cuts inside but it rarely leads to anything. 

We need to decide what role we want him to have for the future and then find a championship team that will play him regularly there. 

Ben's obviously going to have good career in the game but I do wonder if he actually does have the potential to become a top 10 prem player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No point in resurrecting this thread after yesterday. All of them were poor. Maguire was shite.

He has been poor for a long time though , he is regressing , we should send him on loan to a championship side to get game time and learn to cut out the errors 

He's going to be good - whether we can carry him during his period of maturing is another thing.

Obviously CP thinks that he's good enough to do a job whilst he matures as a player - I trust that, but I don't think it is the wisest of choices. Fuchs to start for the rest of the season, for me.

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

All poor yesterday. He’s learning still and I’m sure he will get better, everyone quick to pull him down but when he has a decent game nobody says anything. 

Nothing to do with yesterday possibly the worst left back i have ever seen in a city shirt he was sh#te at Everton and cost us the game, may be ok as a wing back or even a winger but as a defender he will never make it

53 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Nothing to do with yesterday possibly the worst left back i have ever seen in a city shirt he was sh#te at Everton and cost us the game, may be ok as a wing back or even a winger but as a defender he will never make it

So you never saw 

Rob Johnson

Nicky Platnauer

Or Tony Spearing just to name a few?

Saying he’s the worst ever to play in a city shirt shows you are either about 12 years old or have severe memory problems. 

• Like 1

I’ve felt for a while he’s a liability,

said this as early in the season as Huddersfield away to another supporter to be told he thinks he be the next England left back,

i think he’s massively overrated,

i much prefer Fuchs to him,

his passing is sloppy and he leaves us massively overexposed going forward with no end product 

40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

So you never saw 

Rob Johnson

Nicky Platnauer

Or Tony Spearing just to name a few?

Saying he’s the worst ever to play in a city shirt shows you are either about 12 years old or have severe memory problems. 

Or you are in the Chilwell love in crew, i watched full backs in the 60s who could tackle , Chilwell cant tackle cant defend and has the footballing brain of a 4 year old, i saw Shlupp make better tackles and posiitIonal decisions

He's not good enough. Whether he will ever be is open to debate.

It's not so much being out of position or defensively naive but we can't afford to have a player in his position who makes the number of misplaced passes he does. At this level we are getting crucified.