Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

On 1/1/2018 at 19:40, Jobyfox said:

I really think that Slimani might be an option against poorer quality opposition. They often sit deep and set up purely to counter the impact of Vardy.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that Vardy scores lots of goals against the better sides. They try to play with the ball and don’t set up to stop us playing and Vardy is able to exploit the space behind.

In short it’s more important to play on the counter against the big sides and more important to break down sides that park the bus with a plan B that might come with a striker who brings an aerial threat.

just a thought.

I'm game. Currently sitting back and denying us space neutralises both Mahrez and Vardy's threat. Slim doesn't so much need loads of space but someone's to cross him a ball.

• Like 1

I really loved the way the crowd got behind him in the second half. If he had come to the club at any time apart from the reign of King Jamie (or if Vards had ever got a long term injury), we would have seen more good things from Slim.

Sell double Nacho n cheese man and Ulloa, then keep Slim, if you ask me...

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Hopefully CP is working out how best to use the players we have, including Slim. This might mean we develop a genuine plan B instead of just another plan A but using different bodies.

Yes... i believe that we need alternative formations... and this will enable the coaches to give slim clear issues to work on rather than asking him to become vardy2

I think playing Slimani will force the team to play more possession play which will be important against teams like Burnley Palace and the likes. I also think playing a 433 with a midfield 3 of Silva, Iborra and Ndidi will really allow a good balance of attack and defense with Mahrez and Gray playing off the wings. Play Vardy in a 4231.

18 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Me too, he may look a bit laboured at times, but he’s strong, got good feet for a big lad. And make no mistake, he’s always a threat and capable of scoring. Would be gutted to lose him. 

SLIMANI came into the side against the Udders I thought at the time it was a strange decision but imo played an outstanding game seeing that he has not had much game time, Slimani had to prove a point and he did, big mistake if we sold him

On 02/01/2018 at 09:01, TaggertvsWise said:

This is interesting, anyone who has played sport at half a decent level knows this is fundamental, hence many managers’ diligence and work into potential players’ attitudes. If this is true I struggle to see how he will get the run he needs to win over colleagues and fans but am also mindful about the context of why he is a ‘bad apple’. 3 managers, up and down seasons, star players being sold... it obviously doesn’t make for a stable environment. Hopefully we have a manager who will bring consistently improving results and give everyone a clean slate. If we can stabilise the squad and give him more game time we can rebuild his confidence and turn his disillusionment into a more motivating factor in the squad. We are assembling some good leaders now and I think if he can’t turn this ‘bad apple’ attitude around he will be forced out but we must prepare an environment to help him thrive, just like we must for all the players we bring in.

In the tunnel cam you can see Slimani chatting to Morgan, then Vardy has a bit banter with Slim and they both laugh and shake/grab hands. 

His appearance looks moody and disinterested but that doesn't mean he's a bad apple.

Edited by Koke

1 hour ago, Koke said:

In the tunnel cam you can see Slimani chatting to Morgan, then Vardy has a bit banter with Slim and they both laugh and shake/grab hands. 

His appearance looks moody and disinterested but that doesn't mean he's a bad apple.

Your point is right and I don’t believe he is... I was commenting on another’s poster’s post and the facts that they laid out were based on what they had heard from other players. If this is true then the above stands. I can certainly understand his frustration highlighted in my points above but I hope and suspect all is well in camp.

I think the thing with Slimani v Hardy is good for both of them cos it's competition with the only can be beneficial to Leicester.

Also I think we should keep Slimani, he bagged in the goals for us, the goal against Huddersfield was terrific he looked very strong. Let's not make the same mistake  Mourinho made at Chelsea when he got rid of Salah, De Bruyne and Lakaku after a season or two when they were inexperienced to the premier league and he never really played them just gave them a couple of minutes at the end of matches. Now Chelsea fans must be feeling sick when their ex players are banging in the goals for other teams. That would really p*** me off when Leicester brings them in, gets the used to like in England and the way of the Premier League and the other get the fruits of our hard work. 

1 hour ago, KJT said:

I think the thing with Slimani v Hardy is good for both of them cos it's competition with the only can be beneficial to Leicester.

Also I think we should keep Slimani, he bagged in the goals for us, the goal against Huddersfield was terrific he looked very strong. Let's not make the same mistake  Mourinho made at Chelsea when he got rid of Salah, De Bruyne and Lakaku after a season or two when they were inexperienced to the premier league and he never really played them just gave them a couple of minutes at the end of matches. Now Chelsea fans must be feeling sick when their ex players are banging in the goals for other teams. That would really p*** me off when Leicester brings them in, gets the used to like in England and the way of the Premier League and the other get the fruits of our hard work. 

jeff-hardy-1-1.jpg

21 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

It was just totally refreshing to see Slimani with an ounce of confidence again. Winning aerial duels, nice hold up play, linking up well with Okazaki, a high work rate and attacking crosses. Everything we hoped for when he signed. 

I was just happy he could control a football to be fair.

• Like 1

I wouldnt get too carried away one good half against a poor Huddersfield side doesnt mean alot. If he can do it on a consistent basis then fair enough. Making an impact off the bench would also help - watching him come on especially away from home he hasn’t offered much. I hope he does well but I'm less than convinced.