Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

I Want Go See a 3 man midfield, then. Vardy/Slimani/Mahrez

3 Game Run...until then...I wont judge Slim,I Re ckon There is more,

about him,This just might not be the club that can give him,that type of 

Service,that his style can feed Off...

Forget about tonight,but I have never understood, taking Off albrighton,when we Bring him on.

I am sure  Albrighton and him,Would be a great Plan B.  So Long AS they get service from midfield.

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I did - half a decent match does not equate to pushing Vardy (established striker and fulcrum of the team) hard for a starting berth. It's one decent half of football, nothing more, nothing less.

So one striker comes in for an injured one plays superbly and scores but the manager doesn't have a hard decision to make in the next game? If he dropped him after performing like that what message does it send to the rest of the squad? No matter how well you perform when you come in your dropped as soon as the injured player comes back?

Im not saying he would have 100% started the next game im just saying he was pushing hard in the next game and he very well might have that's just how football works you have to reward good performances with games else you risk demotivating the squad.

you can't say with 100% certainty (like you just did) that slimani would not have started the next leauge game after his huddesfield performance.

It's not like vardy is in white hot form lately either (don't get me wrong I've no complaints about him but still).

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I did - half a decent match does not equate to pushing Vardy (established striker and fulcrum of the team) hard for a starting berth. It's one decent half of football, nothing more, nothing less.

Tbh Peaky I rate Slim and as The whole world smiles says he hasn’t looked too bad ..   but in this particular case I think there is more to it as regards his future at the club ...   just have to trust Claude on this one  ...

2 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Yes he was seriously cheesed off, maybe because it happened so early in the second - maybe after 65-70 minutes he would have accepted it.

Did a good pass for the first goal, but I have never seen a so called goal scorer with his back to goal so often. About the only time he got a sniff from Nacho's chip, he fluffed a routine shot and that maybe made up Puel's mind. It was a pathetic effort for a £25m striker.

Can't he fluff a chance now? Hasn't Vardy fluffed chances too? That makes him bad? Of course not, no striker has 100% efficiency, they will score some and fail some no worries there. He had a good game, the pass for the first goal was class, and overall had an alright game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Can't he fluff a chance now? Hasn't Vardy fluffed chances too? That makes him bad? Of course not, no striker has 100% efficiency, they will score some and fail some no worries there. He had a good game, the pass for the first goal was class, and overall had an alright game.

If some of our fans were Chelsea fans they would lose their minds. If Slimani has to score on every shot because he cost 25m, take a look at Morata.. 

• Like 1

I've tried to stock up for Slimani,but sometimes you just have to accept the truth. Just like when your girlfriend tells you it's over...it hurts but in the long run its for the best....he's shit!

Why do I always have a look at this thread. The same couch experts who happily disappear when he has a good game, come back in full force as soon as things goes bad for him with their broken record: "muh 25m", "told ya so", "he's shit", etc.

By the way he had a shit game (apparently, didn't see the match) but still has an assist. The guy scores or assists in almost every game he plays.

Edited by ZeGuy

8 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Why do I always have a look at this thread. The same couch experts who happily disappear when he has a good game, come back in full force as soon as things goes bad for him with their broken record: "muh 25m", "told ya so", "he's shit", etc.

By the way he had shit game (apparently, didn't see the game) but still has an assist. The guys scores or assists in almost every game he plays.

You didn’t see the game?

You didn’t see the game.

Lets let that sink in slightly shall we before we are given a lecture and told how we should feel about a lump that ran round the pitch with an awful first touch and doesn’t suit our playing style yet got an assist against Fleetwood Town.

Now I think he’s great in a kind of Andy Carol sort of way but we don’t play Andy Carol football so we should sell him to a team that does. I’ve always been of the opinion that we should keep him and that he is a good player but now I don’t think he’s for us and I think his time is up and I feel the same about Musa and Ulloa too - time to move on.

• Like 4

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

You didn’t see the game?

You didn’t see the game.

Lets let that sink in slightly shall we before we are given a lecture and told how we should feel about a lump that ran round the pitch with an awful first touch and doesn’t suit our playing style yet got an assist against Fleetwood Town.

Now I think he’s great in a kind of Andy Carol sort of way but we don’t play Andy Carol football so we should sell him to a team that does. I’ve always been of the opinion that we should keep him and that he is a good player but now I don’t think he’s for us and I think his time is up and I feel the same about Musa and Ulloa too - time to move on.

An assist is an assist, be it against Fleetwood or ManU. Imagine he didn't even have that.

Agree on the part "doesn't suit our style sell" though.

No doubting he’s a good player. I didn't rate him at all at first but it’s obvious he’s had to adjust his game alot to suit playing for us. 

I’d prefer to see him in the box alot more instead of hanging around the 18 yard box getting involved in build up play 

Doesn't look as though he’s not happy being the ‘main man’ which he might of been used to at Sporting    

Edited by sk3since03

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

By the way he had a shit game (apparently, didn't see the match) but still has an assist. The guy scores or assists in almost every game he plays.

It's the same for every player here though,  Silva was the second coming after 10 mins v Huddersfield, then he was written off as hopeless after an hour at Fleetwood, now he's brilliant again.  They never learn because they have the IQ of a Jack Russell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

An assist is an assist, be it against Fleetwood or ManU. Imagine he didn't even have that.

Agree on the part "doesn't suit our style sell" though.

Here we are talking about ‘assists’ from a 30 million pound striker, against Fleetwood.

It is just me or shouldn’t we really be talking about a striker who looked dangerous at every opportunity, who scored a nice couple of goals and who pretty much shone out, amongst all the forwards on the pitch? 

I know Slim didn’t set his price tag, but are we really haggling over one assist in a game where he otherwise looked bang-average and got subbed off having had just about no attempts on goal. 

I sometimes think FT can be flipped on its head. Sometimes I think we are TOO patient with players. Slimani last night, frankly, was piss poor.  

I don't think he's a bad player, he proved against Huddersfield that if you start him up top and give him service he will deliver.

I also don't think he played that badly last night, he got an assist and until the first goal, seemed more mobile than Nachoman.

However, I do agree that he doesn't suit our style of play. Even when he does play we never play to his strengths, because we're set up to be a pressing team, exploiting weaknesses in the opposition with our fast play and breaks. You don't get that with a target man. 

I do think Slimani does try and work hard whenever he does start, but pressing isn't his strength. It just isn't his game.

Still can't argue with his goals and assists stats, he's efficient and this is from a player who we don't play to his strengths. Inverted wingers on the fast counter but he still does the business. Our fans couldn't possibly take to him though as he isn't a fcukin raving lunatic chasing all and sundry. I see no changes.

• Like 3