Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

We paid way too much for a player that can't play with vardy and can't play the role that suits the way we play which also happens to belong to vardy.

I'm sure he is a good player just not a good fit for us.

If he wants to leave which I expect he does, then it's probably best all round.

57 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Frustrating to see, Slimani is a quality player and will end up excelling at another club simply because we cannot ever drop Vardy, even when we played with 2 strikers it was clear only Shinji is able to play with him, really hope Claude can find a way to get him in the team. Benalouane is another I thought would get a chance considering he is a Puel type defender. 

Don't know why we bother to sign new players if we are just going to stick with the status quo in terms of players on the pitch. Might aswell sell Slimani, Ulloa and Kelechi now.  

3 consecutive managers have now watched both of the players you mention every day in training and on match days wether that is first team or U23's and none of them think they are good enough

The error was signing them in the first place

• Like 3

Just now, Bryn said:

Don't think we've given him a chance, he's a good player. He's a centre forward though and unlikely to dislodge Vardy.

Bottom line is he's approaching 30 and not getting ahead of Vardy and Puel won't try and fit two natural No9's in the team.

Whilst I believe he will make a very good PL striker for someone we have to cash in on him considering he's a reserve here and his valuation, wage and probable playing time have to be taken into account. I'd rather stick with Iheanacho whose value won't be decreasing because of his age.

26 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

So I assume Ulloa has moved ahead of Slimani for the Man City quarter final despite Slimani getting us to this stage almost single handedly.

Looking like a good decision to save my money for this one.

Jumping to a lot of conclusions there mate. I think it will be vardy up top or kelichi.

Also what are you going to spend your 13 quid on that you've saved? 3 beers?

• Like 1

Slim has promise... but he been here for 15mths and he is no better now than when he arrived.   He needs to sort out his upper body strength... as he is so easily pushed about by pl centre backs. He needs to sort his first touch.. and to dribble the ball.... not play kick and run.  Yet in 15 mths he hasnt.  I bet he hasnt tried... but if he has it hasnt worked

I would be happy to see him go

Think the writing is on the wall for him. Could he have been a good player for us? I don’t think we’ll ever know. 

Don’t know what these fans that say he’s quality and we’ll regret selling him are basing it on other than a blind guess so they can claim they were right all along if he does well elsewhere. In a city shirt he hasn’t performed well enough

Shame as Slim was excellent on his debut, but rightly he has not been able to displace Vardy. As a direct consequence he has become rusty and playing poorly, a vicious cycle which isn't really his fault. I reckon we'll sell to another PL team, his wife seems to like England a lot. Thanks to Slim for slaying Porto, that goal was probably worth at least a couple mil.

Hoping he'll still play in the Man City cup game... I want to see a Slim header from a George Thomas corner

Vardy best stay fit though.. if he gets injured who is going to be our second choice striker to lead the line? Out of Ulloa Musa Okazaki and Nacho.. none seem like particularly great options.

Edited by brucey

He's ok but we just don't suit him.

Not really convinced he'll be great at another PL team like some on here are though. Think he's a similar player to Troy Deeney or like Ulloa was in his first 2 seasons here before he started going downhill - will probably get you 10 or 12 goals a season but not going to bang them in for fun to keep a side up.

Edited by Sampson

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

So I assume Ulloa has moved ahead of Slimani for the Man City quarter final despite Slimani getting us to this stage almost single handedly.

Looking like a good decision to save my money for this one.

Top scorer in the LC for any team.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Vardy best stay fit though.. if he gets injured who is going to be our second choice striker to lead the line? Out of Ulloa Musa Okazaki and Nacho.. none seem like particularly great options.

I'd prefer Gray up front to those 4. God help us if we end up with Ulloa leading the line. 

5 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Frustrating to see, Slimani is a quality player and will end up excelling at another club simply because we cannot ever drop Vardy, even when we played with 2 strikers it was clear only Shinji is able to play with him, really hope Claude can find a way to get him in the team. Benalouane is another I thought would get a chance considering he is a Puel type defender. 

Don't know why we bother to sign new players if we are just going to stick with the status quo in terms of players on the pitch. Might aswell sell Slimani, Ulloa and Kelechi now.  

Well yeh, not sure why we signed them in the first place. You can add Musa to that list as well.

But you can't blame the manager for not picking them when they evidently aren't good enough.

Ok, Iheanacho is young but he does need to develop his all round game massively. The other 2 are useless.

Vardy and Okazaki get picked because they are better players.