Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

Puel's tactics pivot around Vardy stretching the defence giving room for the attacking midfield three. Slimani doesn't seem to suit that role. Only Ranieri changed the system to play to Slimani's natural role. I can't see Puel going down that road. If we don't see him play and succeed in the next two matches I can't see him staying.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think the issue is attitude not ability (even though he's clearly a yard too slow to really cut it in the Prem).

I rarely see him jumping up and down pom poms in hand in the dugout beaming okazaki smiles at everyone in sight but I'm not sure that counts as a bad attitude.

I honestly don't know about him anymore. 

He's not an instinctive finisher with his feet he seems to need that extra touch, quite often you don't get that luxury. Great with his head (although misses the odd one which for him looks a sitter) and obviously has a decent shot, as the screamer against Liverpool showed. It feels like we're trying squeeze a round peg into a square hole because of what he cost us.

53 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I really don’t think we should sell him to a rival, convinced he’ll come good given game time.

There is no way we should be keeping a player just because he might play well for another team. That's ridiculous.

If Puel doesn't rate him, we must sell him, get his big wages off the books and re-invest in a player Puel DOES rate and who we WILL play.

Slimani is looking now to be the most expensive flop the club has ever made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

There is no way we should be keeping a player just because he might play well for another team. That's ridiculous.

If Puel doesn't rate him, we must sell him, get his big wages off the books and re-invest in a player Puel DOES rate and who we WILL play.

The last line may be true, the rest I totally agree with. Be unafraid.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We would only be investing in cheaper cover for JV surely though? 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Couldn't agree more and it's amazing how many of our fans never want to sell a player who can't get in our team just because he might be a success elsewhere. The Schlupp sale had exactly the same soundbites but if we're going to sell a player for a significant sum then you just have to accept that the buyer thinks they can get some value out of them.

I'd me more than happy to sell Slimani, Iheanacho, Musa and Ulloa all this window and take my chances if Puel doesn't rate any of them as first team material. No harm in cashing in and rolling the dice again or even sell them all and reassess in the summer. Bottom line is if you have players who are worth significant amounts and nowhere near the first team then get rid of them.

Edited by Gerard

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

With the game time he had, and his goal ratio I don't think he is a flop. The rest of your post you nailed it. Not selling him to a PL rival because of being afraid of him performing is ridiculous, keeping him with his high wages would be stupid, especially when he has quality and many PL teams want him.

• Like 1

Just reading what Puel has said to the Mercury and basically (I think) he knows that Leo and Slim are similar players, and based on what he sees in training, he thinks Leo has more to offer.  Really refreshing that the guy does not bother with what they cost and their reputations but the desire they show at the training ground.  I think Slim could add something to the team but, I've said this before and I'll say it again, in Puel we trust !!   :)

It's quite disappointing, and surprising, really in him being overlooked at and replaced by Ulloa for a place on the bench.

Genuinely thought before the season started he would have some form of important role.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, TK95 said:

Could have had another goal or two had he been played the ball. Made some fantastic runs. He needs games, would start him again next week.

Vardy can have a homecoming cameo late in the second half

When he comes on for Okazaki :thumbup:

It's time to get these two motoring together. It's been a long time coming but it can be oh so sweet if we finally make it work. 

• Like 1