Gerard

Slimani

I love slim and have been saying for ages he needs game time, some of our fans think he should be a world beater when he has his chance but when he's had so long out the game he's clearly needs time to gain his sharpness and confidence and then we have a top notch striker

• Like 1

His biggest weakness is his inability to stay onside imo. Needs lessons from Vardy on that.

But otherwise, his scoring and workrate has always been excellent, hopefully the rumoured attitude problems have been ironed out now.

Be useful at defending set pieces too now that we've lost Morgan.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

His biggest weakness is his inability to stay onside imo. Needs lessons from Vardy on that.

But otherwise, his scoring and workrate has always been excellent, hopefully the rumoured attitude problems have been ironed out now.

Be useful at defending set pieces too now that we've lost Morgan.

What happened to Morgan?

I’ve been one of his biggest critics in the past. I didn’t see the game but everybody is saying how well he has played today so I’m pleased for him. Hopefully he kicks on from here!

Interesting stat. Looks like Slimani is really productive when he starts as opposed to when he comes on as a sub.

• Like 4

We’d be in the semi final of the cup if he’d have played for sure.

The difference today was he played as a centre forward.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I think everyone is starting with a clean slate with Puel, and since he clearly wants to play with a more varied style than just hoofing it to Vardy, we could be seeing a lot more of Slim.

Personally, I'm looking forward to that.

The thing I just don’t get about Slim is actually watching him play. It doesn’t compute.

When I watch him he looks fookin awkward 75% of the time. He’s quite lumbering, doesn’t have a great first touch, passes go astray and sometimes he doesn’t look bothered.

I think the problem with Slim is that how he APPEARS doesn’t do justice to what a good goal scorer he is. He’s one of those players that just seems to know where the goal is.

He reminds me in this respect of a slimmer Ian Marshall. When you watch him, you think wtf!? And then he scores a goal. And another. And another.

• Like 4

Good goal!

Still clumsy certainly in the first half (everyone did though both teams looked like they’d gone out last night and got smashed!) and before his goal but after his goal he looked a lot better had some nice touches.

2nd half was the best I’ve seen from him since the Sheff Utd cup game. Credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What happened to Morgan?

Hamstring

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The thing I just don’t get about Slim is actually watching him play. It doesn’t compute.

When I watch him he looks fookin awkward 75% of the time. He’s quite lumbering, doesn’t have a great first touch, passes go astray and sometimes he doesn’t look bothered.

I think the problem with Slim is that how he APPEARS doesn’t do justice to what a good goal scorer he is. He’s one of those players that just seems to know where the goal is.

He reminds me in this respect of a slimmer Ian Marshall. When you watch him, you think wtf!? And then he scores a goal. And another. And another.

I agree with this. His appearance doesn't do him any favours. Sometimes he looks disinterested and lazy but he's goal & assist to game ratio when he starts is very good. He's not a bad player.

• Like 1

The guy scores a lot, when he get the chance doesn't he? 

Edited by Jonezy

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A bit before your time, Col, but he reminds me of Andy Lochhead, the best header of a ball I've ever seen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Lochhead

• Like 2

The attack looked better balanced today with Slimani playing and on song. He had his best game so far for City not only in scoring but in bringing other players into the attack. So many times the ball is played upfield to Vardy who is on his own, loses it and then we are having to retrieve it again.  Midfield had a better day too.

His control and passes are still iffy. However, he still does his job as a target man well. I hope to see more of him when we face more defensive sides. 

Gets so much hate on here and everywhere else. The blokes useful.

IMG-20180101-WA0020.jpg

and one other thing, this may sound controversial but, we are a far better possession based side with him compared to when with vardy. he looks sluggish but his link-up play isn't half bad.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

and one other thing, this may sound controversial but, we are a far better possession based side with him compared to when with vardy. he looks sluggish but his link-up play isn't half bad.

I actually agree with you, although my opinion is only based on a handful of times I’ve seen him start for us.