Jump to content
Gerard

Slimani

Recommended Posts

I love slim and have been saying for ages he needs game time, some of our fans think he should be a world beater when he has his chance but when he's had so long out the game he's clearly needs time to gain his sharpness and confidence and then we have a top notch striker

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His biggest weakness is his inability to stay onside imo. Needs lessons from Vardy on that.

But otherwise, his scoring and workrate has always been excellent, hopefully the rumoured attitude problems have been ironed out now.

Be useful at defending set pieces too now that we've lost Morgan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brucey said:

His biggest weakness is his inability to stay onside imo. Needs lessons from Vardy on that.

But otherwise, his scoring and workrate has always been excellent, hopefully the rumoured attitude problems have been ironed out now.

Be useful at defending set pieces too now that we've lost Morgan.

What happened to Morgan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been one of his biggest critics in the past. I didn’t see the game but everybody is saying how well he has played today so I’m pleased for him. Hopefully he kicks on from here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting stat. Looks like Slimani is really productive when he starts as opposed to when he comes on as a sub.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’d be in the semi final of the cup if he’d have played for sure.

 

The difference today was he played as a centre forward.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think everyone is starting with a clean slate with Puel, and since he clearly wants to play with a more varied style than just hoofing it to Vardy, we could be seeing a lot more of Slim.

 

Personally, I'm looking forward to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I just don’t get about Slim is actually watching him play. It doesn’t compute.

When I watch him he looks fookin awkward 75% of the time. He’s quite lumbering, doesn’t have a great first touch, passes go astray and sometimes he doesn’t look bothered.

I think the problem with Slim is that how he APPEARS doesn’t do justice to what a good goal scorer he is. He’s one of those players that just seems to know where the goal is.

He reminds me in this respect of a slimmer Ian Marshall. When you watch him, you think wtf!? And then he scores a goal. And another. And another.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good goal!

 

Still clumsy certainly in the first half (everyone did though both teams looked like they’d gone out last night and got smashed!) and before his goal but after his goal he looked a lot better had some nice touches.

 

2nd half was the best I’ve seen from him since the Sheff Utd cup game. Credit where credit is due.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What happened to Morgan?

Hamstring

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The thing I just don’t get about Slim is actually watching him play. It doesn’t compute.

When I watch him he looks fookin awkward 75% of the time. He’s quite lumbering, doesn’t have a great first touch, passes go astray and sometimes he doesn’t look bothered.

I think the problem with Slim is that how he APPEARS doesn’t do justice to what a good goal scorer he is. He’s one of those players that just seems to know where the goal is.

He reminds me in this respect of a slimmer Ian Marshall. When you watch him, you think wtf!? And then he scores a goal. And another. And another.

 

I agree with this. His appearance doesn't do him any favours. Sometimes he looks disinterested and lazy but he's goal & assist to game ratio when he starts is very good. He's not a bad player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy scores a lot, when he get the chance doesn't he? 

Edited by Jonezy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The thing I just don’t get about Slim is actually watching him play. It doesn’t compute.

When I watch him he looks fookin awkward 75% of the time. He’s quite lumbering, doesn’t have a great first touch, passes go astray and sometimes he doesn’t look bothered.

I think the problem with Slim is that how he APPEARS doesn’t do justice to what a good goal scorer he is. He’s one of those players that just seems to know where the goal is.

He reminds me in this respect of a slimmer Ian Marshall. When you watch him, you think wtf!? And then he scores a goal. And another. And another.

 

A bit before your time, Col, but he reminds me of Andy Lochhead, the best header of a ball I've ever seen.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Lochhead

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attack looked better balanced today with Slimani playing and on song. He had his best game so far for City not only in scoring but in bringing other players into the attack. So many times the ball is played upfield to Vardy who is on his own, loses it and then we are having to retrieve it again.  Midfield had a better day too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His control and passes are still iffy. However, he still does his job as a target man well. I hope to see more of him when we face more defensive sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gets so much hate on here and everywhere else. The blokes useful.

IMG-20180101-WA0020.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and one other thing, this may sound controversial but, we are a far better possession based side with him compared to when with vardy. he looks sluggish but his link-up play isn't half bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the fox said:

and one other thing, this may sound controversial but, we are a far better possession based side with him compared to when with vardy. he looks sluggish but his link-up play isn't half bad.

I actually agree with you, although my opinion is only based on a handful of times I’ve seen him start for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×