Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

58 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

There are people just dying to hate Slim. Every time he doesnt reach a ball he's caller lazy, touch goes amis and he's deemed not to have one.

That finish was clinical as anything and he was good today. 

On the ball unfortunately he is much better then vardy at the loose balls too . at less he build the game I really have  any thing to compare Vardy is a go street slim is smarter because he has not the same ability as vardy ( quick and original ) that doesn’t makes him worse then vardy he is good player 

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

looked poo the first half, seemed feeble on the ball

second half look like he had his spinach at half time

glad he didnt give up

credit to him

Saw Mahrez & Slim having a long conversation just before they came out for the 2nd half. Is Riyad doing what Cambiasso did and giving the team talks.?

Regardless, loved his performance today. All we need now is Nacho to come to the party and Europe beckons.

• Like 1

I've said it before, he's a good premier league striker, just needs to be playing week in week out. Unfortunately we've not played him very often and when we have he's not been utilized properly. 

All of the teams below us in the premier league would love to have him, he'd score 10 - 18 if played throughout the season as the main striker.

I think sometimes we get too bogged down in his transfer fee. Yes Sporting ripped us off, but so what? Vardy will always be our no.1 striker but needs healthy competition; pleased for Slim, his goal today will give him a lot of confidence.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I've said it before, he's a good premier league striker, just needs to be playing week in week out. Unfortunately we've not played him very often and when we have he's not been utilized properly. 

All of the teams below us in the premier league would love to have him, he'd score 10 - 18 if played throughout the season as the main striker.

I think sometimes we get too bogged down in his transfer fee. Yes Sporting ripped us off, but so what? Vardy will always be our no.1 striker but needs healthy competition; pleased for Slim, his goal today will give him a lot of confidence.

I’m not sure CP sees Vardy as the main guy forever. He has looked at options in lots of games recently whereas CS would have kept him on even if Vardy’s feet had fallen off. 

I like Vardy because he seems very grounded and appreciative of his lot but I think this season will be his last as first name on the team sheet particularly if we are to become a more possession based outfit, let’s be honest Vardy is not brilliant when he needs to beat his man with the ball at his feet is he?

Changes need to be made because every team doubles up on him and Mahrez in the most part and then that makes them and the team much less effective and nullifies the approach.

And to be honest if the midfield start producing, I think even Ulloa would fancy his chances.

Edited by Colourmy

5 minutes ago, Ansteyblue said:

Give him time & put the ball in the box & he will score just needs a good run & a few goals to get his mojo back .he aint gonna chase defenders down like vardy but I do think he can score a few if he gets the right service 

Did you watch the game today? He worked his socks off chasing down defenders today winning corners from lost causes the lot

• Like 2

The difference between his first and second half was like between night and day (same goes for Albrighton). Poor first touch (needs more games) but still decent link up play especially with Mahrez and what a fantastic finish. It was great to see him light up after scoring. No doubt he's frustrated about the lack of game time but hopefully he can give us more performances like that second half.

1 minute ago, tylesta said:

Did you watch the game today? He worked his socks off chasing down defenders today winning corners from lost causes the lot

Yeah I was there just saying he aint gonna do wot vardy does .he does chase lost balls didn't say he dosent  think he's played well most times I've seen him 

His second half performance has surely saved his Leicester career.

This season though I honestly don't think he's been that bad, a few months back I was very impressed with him. He was one of our standout players in pre season, if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't of made the quarters of the League Cup, while you could see improvements in his game especially his link up play.

Today his first half performance was like the Slimani of last season, second half was the Slimani we've seen at times this season, hard working, won headers, linked well and scored a goal.

We'd be stupid to get rid.