Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't see what you're trying to say.

So strikers shouldn't miss sitters? Well, they all do. More or less frequently.

Besides, last season pretty much every player was off and just couldn't replicate the 2015/2016 form.

There have been shades of class with Slimani, the goal against Huddersfield being one of them.

Remember the header against Burnley in his first PL game? The one against Porto? Or West Ham?

See, I'm not the biggest fan of Slimani, either. But isn't it a bit too handy for some only to remember him for the squandered chances?

What I’m trying to say is people are saying that he’d be lethal if he got the right service. Why? What has he done to support this statement that people are banding around

To me it seems like he’d need 4 or 5 golden chances per game to score one

Edited by foxfanazer

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What I’m trying to say is people are saying that he’d be lethal if he got the right service. Why? What has he done to support this statement that people are banding around

To me it seems like he’d need 4 or 5 golden chances per game to score one

Even though stats suggests he's our most clinical finisher when you consider minutes played per game weighed up against his goals scored?

I know it can be very frustrating to see a striker waste golden chances, but in the end, your opinion is simply based on subjective perception.

(Not trying to argue here)

I know he hasn’t not delivered what we thought he could, however I would certainly say he has more potential than Ulloa. I’d be slightly annoyed if we sold him as we have Silva (who will understand his movements from Sporting) and Mahrez (the Algeria link). I believe the more match experience that Silva gets, the more Slimani will influence a match. Fingers crossed anyway!

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Even though stats suggests he's our most clinical finisher when you consider minutes played per game weighed up against his goals scored?

I know it can be very frustrating to see a striker waste golden chances, but in the end, your opinion is simply based on subjective perception.

(Not trying to argue here)

Ok maybe there’s some middle ground but he’s certainly not lethal so people should stop saying it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

I know he hasn’t not delivered what we thought he could, however I would certainly say he has more potential than Ulloa. I’d be slightly annoyed if we sold him as we have Silva (who will understand his movements from Sporting) and Mahrez (the Algeria link). I believe the more match experience that Silva gets, the more Slimani will influence a match. Fingers crossed anyway!

I think this is his main problem. I want him to be a success I really do but he’s gotta put in the work to improve

-a leicester sub: marc off, slimani on"

no wonder he doesn't score that many.

no one is saying that he's an all-time great clinical finisher, but he can deliver goals with less quality chances. just cross the ball.

it's alot easier to provide chances for him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Slimani needs to be sold 100%.

He'll never replace Vardy and Puel will never play him with Vardy.

He's 30 in the summer and we can still get a decent fee for him.

Otherwise he'll be kicking his heels here and is now possibly third choice No9 here whilst picking up big wages as his transfer fee deteriorates.

Bottom line is we'll never get our money's worth out of him so just sell him.

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

If Ulloa is going, I can't see Slim going aswell?

I think he will sell both and Musa.

He will I think use Nacho as a Vardy sub at 9 and find a new 10 to compete with Okazaki making do with Mahrez in that position too if required?

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think he will sell both and Musa.

He will I think use Nacho as a Vardy sub at 9 and find a new 10 to compete with Okazaki making do with Mahrez in that position too if required?

Sounds very limiting to me, we should have plan b and c, with that you need a target man

• Like 1

The way Puel likes us to play really means Slimani only will be a plan B player at best. Let’s sell him and hopefully get 18m for him, cut our losses and go looking for a quick young understudy for Vardy who can spell Vards next year when needed.

Hey maybe he’s tall enough for Chelsea ? it would be nice to steal some more pound notes from them!!?

12 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

The way Puel likes us to play really means Slimani only will be a plan B player at best. Let’s sell him and hopefully get 18m for him, cut our losses and go looking for a quick young understudy for Vardy who can spell Vards next year when needed.

Hey maybe he’s tall enough for Chelsea ? it would be nice to steal some more pound notes from them!!?

Rondon!

12 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

Chelski are close to signing Dzeko - I don't know if that means they won't want Slim.  Mind you, they are very different types of striker (well, one's good for a start off !).

Edited by bald reynard

21 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

But wheres the evidence for this? That’s my point

He had the most assists and goals per minute of all our strikers last season, nobody can offer you any more than that... but it can't be brushed off. When he players he generally either scores or assists.

Yes, he missed some sitters. He's not a natural striker for me and is capable of some shockers, what he has is some fantastic movement in the box which means he tends to get on the end of things in the 6 yard box more than others.

What confuses me about our club is how we insist on lambasting our own players.

This move has clearly has not worked out for him and he needs and deserves a fresh start.

He will score plenty of goals for his new team (even this team) when given the chance of playing week in week out to a style that suits. I'd be confident he would get close to 20 prem goals if he moved to a Watford, certainly a Chelsea!

We all love Vardy and he leads our line and rightly so, but lets not forget that he scored a measly 4 Championship goals in 25 games in his first season and was on the verge of quitting the club. He was getting a roasting by our fans for not being able to make the step up.

The same happened when we got promoted and our great escape season.... Vardy scored 5 in 34 games!

My point as vague as it is, is that our main striker when he was struggling has been given 59 game and returned 9 goals, a luxury Slimani has not been given. The blokes hardly has a look. 15 mins off the bench every other week does nothing for you.

• Like 3

Why do some fans worry or invest wasted posts upon , the financial side of players comings and goings. It doesnt change ticket prices, unfortunately our worries wont make us rich or poorer. A players price is for the fan in reality totally immaterial.

If we go out and spend or receive..xx milions. I hate this saying, but it fits....

"At the end of the day"...a fan can only discuss for/on relevance to likes and performances

individually and team.

The financial factor, owners innput of budget/the player ingoing outgoing fee, is so secondary to me. If our top/fringe players get moved on, and the owners/management see fit to take losses, or make nice gains leaves me cold. Theres "f" all I can do about it..Its the one area I wont get stressed on.....Its the football animal...

Banter over performances on

silly/great/audacious form ,changes, quality,club, game, managment, season's swings/twists the signings for itself...yup..!!   The pennies nope!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1