Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Shinji could use a partner, because right now he's the only no.10 we have. Silva doesn't seem to fit that role like some thought he could.

They must've have thought we were about to sign David Silva

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Shinji could use a partner, because right now he's the only no.10 we have. Silva doesn't seem to fit that role like some thought he could.

Someone a bit different to Shinji, more of a ball player to break sides down at home in particular would be good.

Shinji would still have a massive role against the bigger teams and away from home i think.

30 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Not that I thought he was a number 10. But surely he needs to play in that position before we write him off? Saying that this is FT so I guess we don't lollol

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not that I thought he was a number 10. But surely he needs to play in that position before we write him off? Saying that this is FT so I guess we don't lollol

I was going to say this exactly as you've written it?

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

Silva: European Championship winner, Europa Cup winner? Maybe worth a try for a couple of games.

I suspect the manager has thought about this and hopes it might work 

keeping the opposition guessing about who will play behind vardy isn’t a bad thing 

so far, no one has shown shinji’s ability to link the midfield and vardy/wings whilst also being able to press and press. 

14 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I actually think he'd be a great fit for Newcastle. Not too disimilar to Alan shearer, really... their home crowed could really get behind him aswell...

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

I actually think he'd be a great fit for Newcastle. Not too disimilar to Alan shearer, really... their home crowed could really get behind him aswell...

Think I'd take £20m if he';s not in Puel's plans too. Basically £10m for helping us stay up last season and doing pretty well in the CL. Not that bad.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

lol I agree that he might be a decent fit for them. But Alan Shearer comparisons?!?!

P.s. I realise you probably don't mean he's anywhere near the same class.

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

lol I agree that he might be a decent fit for them. But Alan Shearer comparisons?!?!

P.s. I realise you probably don't mean he's anywhere near the same class.

No not in the same class, .... Just the physicality of his game and decent header of the ball,  decent/ powerful shot on him... Shearer more lethal in the 6 yard box, of course....

51 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Actually the Shields Gazette is quite a good source. John Edwards, their Sports Editor, has good contacts at St James' Park.

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 3

In terms of importance, I see him as only behind Vardy as a striker in terms of who the most-effective regularly.

Would be disappointed if he, although quite unlikely, leaves and the 'deadwood' such as Ulloa and Musa are still at the club.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

Looking how tight it is for relegation with 6pts covering 10th place to 20th you would think at least one of those teams would buy him.

He has a proven pedigree and is available and decent strikers are hard to come by in the last week of the January transfer window, especially ones who are experienced in the PL. Maybe Ulloa gets bought for exactly the same reasons?

Edited by Gerard

i'm sure when slimani goes and starts banging them in some posters will call him a "rotten apple" because he failed to score everytime he got 10-15 minutes.

i imagine slimani will be a pain (like costa was) to most teams outside the top 6, a hyper-aggresive striker withvery good work rate and amazing heading ability. honestly, he is playinng in the wrong era. he would've made a killing in the 70's and 80's 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

i'm sure when slimani goes and starts banging them in some posters will call him a "rotten apple" because he failed to score everytime he got 10-15 minutes.

i imagine slimani will be a pain (like costa was) to most teams outside the top 6, a hyper-aggresive striker withvery good work rate and amazing heading ability. honestly, he is playinng in the wrong era. he would've made a killing in the 70's and 80's 

Did they wear gloves then ?? ....    nah, proper blokes ! ...   :)

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Loan to Chelsea maybe?  Gives him game time. Still think he’s good enough tbf. Just doesn’t get the time he needs or the supply he requires. 

He needs to go. 30 in the summer and behind Vardy and probably Iheanacho will now be favoured ahead of him. Cash in whilst we can rather than him rotting away here on the bench as his value further decreases.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

About the only similarity is they both play up front. Oh and they both have 2 arms and legs  :)

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

I agree, his all round game, holding up and support, passing ect just isn't quite good enough, though balls into the box I think he could become deadly at a team like everton, playing a direct get it out wide and in the box style of football. However one thing that does strike me about him is that wherever he's gone he's worked hard to achieve the standard needed, it's just that we don't necessarily play a style that suits him. 

• Like 1