Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I agree, his all round game, holding up and support, passing ect just isn't quite good enough, though balls into the box I think he could become deadly at a team like everton, playing a direct get it out wide and in the box style of football. However one thing that does strike me about him is that wherever he's gone he's worked hard to achieve the standard needed, it's just that we don't necessarily play a style that suits him. 

And we didn't when we bought him. So either we thought he could adapt, or we had hopes of not playing kick and rush to JV. I suspect the latter but didn't have the training personnel to change things or because we got ourselves into the mindset of fear of being relegated and reverted to type. I don't believe he was purchased without a full report on his traits and style.

It's a shame because I quite like him for a carthorse!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I agree, his all round game, holding up and support, passing ect just isn't quite good enough, though balls into the box I think he could become deadly at a team like everton, playing a direct get it out wide and in the box style of football. However one thing that does strike me about him is that wherever he's gone he's worked hard to achieve the standard needed, it's just that we don't necessarily play a style that suits him. 

Agree with this to a point but his reaction to getting roughed up by Cian Bolger makes me think he might have struggled with the rough stuff ?

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Agree with this to a point but his reaction to getting roughed up by Cian Bolger makes me think he might have struggled with the rough stuff ?

Cold, windy day on the Northwest coast and on a pitch that looked like it was someone's garden.

Can't think why no-one fancied it?

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Any whispers about Slimani leaving or any other comings and goings @Abrasive fox?

It's all a bit quiet at the moment, hopefully the calm before the storm.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Possibly true, but the glimpses he has shown when dealing with crosses into the box he becomes a different creature, aggressive, also finding space off the defender and timing, yet outside the box his timing can be awful, leading to him losing out in far too many aerial duels.

He is a very good passer of the ball. He also has great football sight.

His strike rate per minute is good too.

He'll make it somewhere in league. I hope we keep him and ship out Ulloa and Musa.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

He'll make it somewhere in league. I hope we keep him and ship out Ulloa and Musa.

I'd like us to keep him but I can't see us keeping him happy. 

55 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He needs to go. 30 in the summer and behind Vardy and probably Iheanacho will now be favoured ahead of him. Cash in whilst we can rather than him rotting away here on the bench as his value further decreases.

You could well be right. Just pains me that we haven’t seen the best of this guy. I’m fairly certain there is a good striker in there. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

You could well be right. Just pains me that we haven’t seen the best of this guy. I’m fairly certain there is a good striker in there. 

I agree he's a decent player I just don't think he offers value for money with him being on the bench and now arguably behind Iheanacho as well. At his age I think we should cash in rather him being like Ulloa and just wasting the rest of his career here.

29 minutes ago, FIF said:

Can't agree that he is a very good passer of the ball.

But yes would rather keep him than Ulloa or Musa but if the right offer comes in it would probably be best for all parties if he was sold.

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Any whispers about Slimani leaving or any other comings and goings @Abrasive fox?

It's all a bit quiet at the moment, hopefully the calm before the storm.

I think he will go late in the window or in the summer.

Looks like Ulloa is off so would have thought theyll try to get a replacement if thry both go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Possibly true, but the glimpses he has shown when dealing with crosses into the box he becomes a different creature, aggressive, also finding space off the defender and timing, yet outside the box his timing can be awful, leading to him losing out in far too many aerial duels.

in the box hes a different player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

he did good for 10 million. helped win pointes in the league to keep us up and scored the winner against porto

I don't disagree, I like him as a player on the pitch. He clearly scores goals, but we obviously want rid and 20m ain't bad 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colourmy said:

Cold, windy day on the Northwest coast and on a pitch that looked like it was someone's garden.

Can't think why no-one fancied it?

Personnel pride, professional pride,the chance to impress watching scouts, fifty grand a week.

no reason really!

6 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Personnel pride, professional pride,the chance to impress watching scouts, fifty grand a week.

no reason really!

I think that ship has sailed with modern day footballers mate! They are under contract. It doesn't stipulate different hat for different game or day.

Edited by Colourmy

Seems a reasonable deal for all parties. If we can get some performance based add-ons to push the fee towards what we paid that would be nice. Can see him doing well at Newcastle being the main man, and Benitez finally gets himself a quality striker who can score goals

5 hours ago, FIF said:

I disagree man, I don’t mean to be rude be he isnt a good passer of the ball and I don’t understand what football sight means? 

Please explain his qualities?