Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

12 hours ago, surrifox said:

Apparently their record signing is Michael Owen for around £15 mill - for a club the size of Newcastle that is pretty laughable 

Hate to disagree here, but I'd rather have my record signings as two of the greatest English strikers of all time rather than Islam Slimani, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho (although I'm going to give Kelechi time to come good).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hate to disagree here, but I'd rather have my record signings as two of the greatest English strikers of all time rather than Islam Slimani, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho (although I'm going to give Kelechi time to come good).

Musa's going to be here in February isn't he? :(

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Musa's going to be here in February isn't he? :(

I doubt it but then i said then same in August. Problem is he's on crazy wages, and we paid crazy money for him, alarm bells should have rung when no one else was in for him despite the fabricated stories about West Ham interest. Walsh signed a dud there that's for sure! He's about league one standard.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I doubt it but then i said then same in August. Problem is he's on crazy wages, and we paid crazy money for him, alarm bells should have rung when no one else was in for him despite the fabricated stories about West Ham interest. Walsh signed a dud there that's for sure! He's about league one standard.

Generous. Welsh League 1 maybe.

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Musa is absolutely dreadful, he can't even excel in the development squad. What I can't understand is CSKA not selling him to us in January 2016 and getting good money for him whilst they could as there was no guarantee we would have been back the following summer and we might have cottoned on how crap he is.

On the strength of CSKA not being desperate to sell him then I was hoping they'd take him back this window for a cut price fee. 

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I don't disagree . It was more an observation on the lack of investment and ambition 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

I'm predicting he goes on deadline day for £20m

He'll be a great emergency purchase for someone... probably camp out at some helicopter landing pad waiting to be taken somewhere on deadline day

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Although I agree with you, wouldn't that leave us pretty thin?

We'd still have 3 strikers and we only really play with one.

Gray and Mahrez have also been used a second striker.

Slimani, Musa and Ulloa don't need replacing - just needed to be off the books. 

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

True. I just think if Vardy went down for the season, god forbid, I'd rather have Slimani as the #9 than any of the other options. But I dont know if that's a good enough reason to leave him in the squad, on his wages.

9 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Although I agree with you, wouldn't that leave us pretty thin?

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There's a slender chance it could happen.

@Webbo you've clearly wasted your life away in the career you currently are in....

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Okazaki, Vardy, Iheanacho, Diabete 4 strikers and keeping Mahrez and Silva will pop up a few no doubt. I'm not concerned lol

43 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Funnily enough the odds are shrinking on this possible transfer apparently. . . . . 

Fat chance of that.

I'm also not sure he'll be leaving with Musa and Ulloa gone on loan until June, although I'm not ruling it out completely.

We're currently left with Vardy, Slimani and Iheanacho up front. That should be healthy competition and allows for some tactical flexibility in case we need to put two strikers up front at the same time.

Getting rid of Slimani now would be a bit risky imho - unless we have a suitable replacement lined up. Maybe a swap deal for Deeney or Giroud?

Edited by MC Prussian