Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He's not going to improve his passing on the bench.

He’s not improved it since 2017 either. Players don’t always improve, sometimes I think people think real life is like football manager - player is good at 19/20/21 therefore they’ll be excellent at 25/26/27

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

He’s not improved it since 2017 either. Players don’t always improve, sometimes I think people think real life is like football manager - player is good at 19/20/21 therefore they’ll be excellent at 25/26/27

I could get a break of about 50 at snooker 10 years ago ...   still the same now.

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He has improved his passing stats though.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Stats don't always tell the full story.

A prime example was a game last month where Gray was flying down the wing and Ndidi passed it ten yards behind him instead of in front, slowing down the attack - a terrible pass but that's "completed" on the statistics despite it being awful.

Look at Man City - they almost always not only play the pass but play it to the perfect area for the receiving player which is the important thing. 

Edited by MattP

Just now, Foxxed said:

0.3 key passes more per game and his accuracy has improved but visibly his passing is poor, he gives it away in criminal positions sometimes with what should be an easy ball. Yesterday there were numerous occasions where he fvcked up simple passes which are inexcusable, unfortunately for us Silva and Iborra do the same

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

0.3 key passes more per game and his accuracy has improved but visibly his passing is poor, he gives it away in criminal positions sometimes with what should be an easy ball. Yesterday there were numerous occasions where he fvcked up simple passes which are inexcusable, unfortunately for us Silva and Iborra do the same

He's improving, but slightly yeah. But then he's 20. And regardless one of the best defensive midfielders in the league. As you said, when our two backup aren't much better I can't get too worked up. I'm more annoyed at buying two seasoned pros who don't seem to cut it than at a 20 year old who's improving if only slightly in one of the few area in which he's lacking. Besides, since I watched Chilwell with a sense of dread last season I'm willing to watch one of our best midfielders slowly, slowly improve this season. Half the annoyance at Ndidi seems to be misplaced anger at our post-mahrez creativity and our leaky centre backs tbf.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I always feel like Wilf gets a harsh kicking on here for not being Kante.

Wouldn't hold it against him for not being as good as Kante. He does have a lot of his attributes.

Given the role he is trying to play he gets a lot of flak maybe for not being like Drinkwater.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He's improving, but slightly yeah. But then he's 20. And regardless one of the best defensive midfielders in the league. As you said, when our two backup aren't much better I can't get too worked up. I'm more annoyed at buying two seasoned pros who don't seem to cut it than at a 20 year old who's improving if only slightly in one of the few area in which he's lacking. Besides, since I watched Chilwell with a sense of dread last season I'm willing to watch one of our best midfielders slowly, slowly improve this season. Half the annoyance at Ndidi seems to be misplaced anger at our post-mahrez creativity and our leaky centre backs tbf.

Ndidi is 22 next week, still young but he’s quite experienced for his age and players often don’t improve on the glaring weaknesses in their game, unfortunately. I’m not saying he won’t improve all but right now if we had a 22 year old Danny Simpson on our books half of foxestalk would be saying he’s young and will improve going forwards, sometime players just don’t overcome weaknesses.

Chilwell’s development has been exceptional and not the norm so I think generally people using him as barometer of much players can improve by is flawed. Especially as he admitted he put in a lot of “minging running” off his own back in the summer. I desperately want each player at the club to improve but there will be a point where we have to realise that Gray for example is playing at his potential.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Wouldn't hold it against him for not being as good as Kante. He does have a lot of his attributes.

Given the role he is trying to play he gets a lot of flak maybe for not being like Drinkwater.

I understand that the misplaced passes are not good, and he needs to improve in this regard. However, I think all the good work he does, because it's off the ball, is too easily overlooked by some. I think we'd miss him terribly if he weren't there. Pair him with someone like Shelvey and we'd have a boss midfield.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I don’t understand why, when we needed a spark, Puel chose to leave Ndidi on the pitch once again and took off Mendy for Iborra. I really like to see Iborra not partner Ndidi when he comes on (it happened only once this season). Ndidi really drags Iborra down.

Iborra drags himself down. Too injury prone and almost as wasteful in possession as Wilf, with none of the ball winning attributes.

Worst player on the park on Saturday.  Means absolutely nothing nada zilch zero hee haw winning a ball if you then give it too the opposition.   We were playing against 12 men with diddiman.   Iborra for set peices and mendy(who was meant to be and could be better than kante) would be my choice.  

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Ndidi really drags Iborra down.

7 hours ago, Max Wall said:

No wonder he keeps getting yellow cards.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

He does because he fouls too often. He likes to tackle using his long legs from behind and unfortunately often gets booked

I was being facetious Tom :D

7 hours ago, Broxi-Bear said:

Worst player on the park on Saturday.  Means absolutely nothing nada zilch zero hee haw winning a ball if you then give it too the opposition.   We were playing against 12 men with diddiman.   Iborra for set peices and mendy(who was meant to be and could be better than kante) would be my choice.  

Agreed, he is one of the most frustrating players in a Leicester shirt, not one of the best.

He certainly has his good points but also lets himself down. He is only young though so plenty of potential for growth and learning with experience. I would like to see Ndidi replaced from time to time though. We regularly get ran over in midfield and that is our biggest weakness right now. I would like to see Iborra get more time in the team, he may not always be spot on but he certainly gives us something different in midfield and usually a bit more control (and he can start attacks with good distribution).

• Like 2