Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

Fleetwood Ticket Details

2 hours ago, AdamLcfc81 said:

7 of us on the away scheme. Up to now only 3 can go maybe 4 if his flight isnt delayed. Hence sold 3. Waiting on the 4th. 

You mate are a bit of a knob. If only 3 can go then just buy 3. Don’t get 7 and deprive real fans of tickets. Let’s face it the people you sell to could be anyone. Piss poor mate. 

18 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

You mate are a bit of a knob. If only 3 can go then just buy 3. Don’t get 7 and deprive real fans of tickets. Let’s face it the people you sell to could be anyone. Piss poor mate. 

The thing is that if you are on the scheme you can only send back a minimal amount of tickets per season I understand, so it's easier to sell them on. 

Also as long as the priority system is as it is, whether it's right or not, this is always going to happen.

For the most part this season it has been fairly easy to build up priority points at many away games. So obviously if people put the effort/cash in for the games with less demand then they will move up the scale.

This game though, a bit like Bournemouth is a rarity these days and the issue of selling on will be highlighted when they occur, just as you have done.

Edited by Drew Peacock

5 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

The thing is that if you are on the scheme you can only send back a minimal amount of tickets per season I understand, so it's easier to sell them on. 

Also as long as the priority system is as it is, whether it's right or not, this is always going to happen.

For the most part this season it has been fairly easy to build up priority points at many away games. So obviously if people put the effort/cash in for the games with less demand then they will move up the scale.

This game though, a bit like Bournemouth is a rarity these days and the issue of selling on will be highlighted when they occur, just as you have done.

2 thoughts spring to mind with your argument (obviously bearing in mind the lad hasn’t answered yet so we don’t know the reason yet). 1) it’s not even Christmas so if they can’t send any more back perhaps they shouldn’t be on the away scheme.

2) the lad didn’t even have the common sense to wait 3 days to offer the tickets out! I would imagine there are a fair few pissed off fans missing out on this trip but this lad can’t wait 24 hours to take the piss out of the current system. Let’s hope the club are watching and him and his 6 mates are the victims of a sting. 

29 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

The thing is though the bloke is on here for every match flogging tickets. It was only yesterday he was flogging tickets for Watford @ a Fiver each. Obviously playing the system @AdamLcfc81

47 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Like Adam said he is on the away scheme. You can only send so many back per season, he’s more than fair when he sells them on offering for face value or even below face value. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Not very good at playing the system if he’s losing £25 per ticket is he. 

So my point is then don’t go on the away scheme. If you can’t do every away don’t go on it. It just wastes tickets for genuine fans in the queue behind him. Not the people he decides to sell onto who could be anyone. The best thing the club did was to make people pick up in person on the European aways. Sorted knobs like this in one fail swoop. And amazingly Bruges away at roughly 1,400 got so far down the pecking order it highlighted the current piss take the system is now.

56 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I find it a lot easier to sell on here. I’ve emailed the ticket office for games last season which we couldn’t do and time after time They get it wrong for example if I email saying 4 can’t go I still end up receiving all of them or in the past only two tickets and it takes forever to sort out. On here it’s easy to get rid of and my friends on the scheme who can’t always go are not fussed about the money as long as they are being used. From a personal point of view I attend near enough every away match a season so does that define your real fan mentality. Do you attend away games yourself and not got enough points? Why so salty?

3 minutes ago, SamL said:

Just an example! It’s the same people selling tickets on here week in, week out. @AdamLcfc81 is one of them!

Exactly my point. To say it’s ok as he sells at face value is missing the point because he taking up tickets people below could have. And then they could then build their own points and stop people like this staying top. The ****ers need stopping to be honest and like I say you would like to think the club are on top of it and catching these people out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdamLcfc81 said:

I find it a lot easier to sell on here. I’ve emailed the ticket office for games last season which we couldn’t do and time after time They get it wrong for example if I email saying 4 can’t go I still end up receiving all of them or in the past only two tickets and it takes forever to sort out. On here it’s easy to get rid of and my friends on the scheme who can’t always go are not fussed about the money as long as they are being used. From a personal point of view I attend near enough every away match a season so does that define your real fan mentality. Do you attend away games yourself and not got enough points? Why so salty?

I appreciate your response. To say your friends aren’t fussed as long as they are used is a bit of a cop out. I’ve no doubt you are a real  fan, that’s not my point. You must see you are taking the piss out the system. Real fans will have missed out today. Yet you believe you have got the right to sell onto any tom, dick or harry. They could be people who have been to 1 away in 10 years! Yet you have got the power to get them a ticket over people on 250 points. You must realise that is pretty shit. As for me, I will be in Fleetwood so got no problems meeting you for a beer to discuss the rights and wrongs if it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I appreciate your response. To say your friends aren’t fussed as long as they are used is a bit of a cop out. I’ve no doubt you are a real  fan, that’s not my point. You must see you are taking the piss out the system. Real fans will have missed out today. Yet you believe you have got the right to sell onto any tom, dick or harry. They could be people who have been to 1 away in 10 years! Yet you have got the power to get them a ticket over people on 250 points. You must realise that is pretty shit. As for me, I will be in Fleetwood so got no problems meeting you for a beer to discuss the rights and wrongs if it. 

I’m not gonna lie a few have lost interest and won’t be on the scheme next season. I’m the only one out of all of us who is on this forum so I find it a good place to sell as do a lot of others. And for the record I don’t just sell to anybody. The lad who had the Fleetwood Tickets is somebody I trust on here who I have sold to before and he just missed out on 250 points. As for a beer in Fleetwood are you buying? lol

4 minutes ago, AdamLcfc81 said:

I’m not gonna lie a few have lost interest and won’t be on the scheme next season. I’m the only one out of all of us who is on this forum so I find it a good place to sell as do a lot of others. And for the record I don’t just sell to anybody. The lad who had the Fleetwood Tickets is somebody I trust on here who I have sold to before and he just missed out on 250 points. As for a beer in Fleetwood are you buying? lol

So why buy all 7 then? The irony is your mate who you trust on 250 might have got the ticket your pals are not bothering about next season. Yes mate I will buy you a beer, not a problem. I know you are not the only one so don’t take it personal. It’s just the occasional game that highlights the failings of the system and the morally wrong practices of some of our fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

So why buy all 7 then? The irony is your mate who you trust on 250 might have got the ticket your pals are not bothering about next season. Yes mate I will buy you a beer, not a problem. I know you are not the only one so don’t take it personal. It’s just the occasional game that highlights the failings of the system and the morally wrong practices of some of our fans.

I’d rather buy all 7 than trust the incompetence of the ticket office which I said on the other post. Got no time for the excuses and blaming of others which they serve up every time. I don’t take anything on a forum personal. The system is very flawed and does need changing. 

Some good argument on here. And I agree that for those who may have just missed out it has to be hard to take. I'm sure many unseen tickets, for example to family and friends of high priority points holders go the same way. The passport system would certainly stop most of this.

I think though that for most games now if you are a patient 'proper' fan there should be less reason to buy elsewhere. That's why we are seeing more lower than FV offers of tickets. And often the best seats become available lower down the priority scale anyway.

How do you define a proper fan though? If it's as a season ticket holder then for a very high proportion of away games this season there has been a chance for away tickets.

You will eventually catch up and have the possibility of most games.

Non-season ticket holders don't really have an argument. Apart from the fact that it's been difficult to get one for the last 3 years. Young supporters trying to get their first one is a good excuse I guess, but I've read loads of excuses on here about personal circumstances changing as soon as we had a bit of success.

The Fleetwood game barring any other lower league away FA cup draw this season is the last one where there is an issue I would think though.

Edited by Drew Peacock

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

Some good argument on here. And I agree that for those who may have just missed out it has to be hard to take. I'm sure many unseen tickets, for example to family and friends of high priority points holders go the same way. The passport system would certainly stop most of this.

I think though that for most games now if you are a patient 'proper' fan there should be less reason to buy elsewhere. That's why we are seeing more lower than FV offers of tickets. And often the best seats become available lower down the priority scale anyway.

How do you define a proper fan though? If it's as a season ticket holder then for a very high proportion of away games this season there has been a chance for away tickets.

You will eventually catch up and have the possibility of most games.

Non-season ticket holders don't really have an argument. Apart from the fact that it's been difficult to get one for the last 3 years. Young supporters trying to get their first one is a good excuse I guess, but I've read loads of excuses on here about personal circumstances changing as soon as we had a bit of success.

The Fleetwood game barring any other lower league away FA cup draw this season is the last one where there is an issue I would think though.

"Real fans" is always hard to define. Is a "real fan" someone who goes to every home and away match? Then we don't have many of those. I myself try to go to about 8 matches away and usually only end up missing 1 or 2 home matches due to family commitments/holidays.

I have 230+ points so I know where I stand. Fleetwood and Bournemouth I signed off as no goers. However, I could have had a ticket for every other game. For an average priority that's not bad.

People who are on the away scheme would have had to go to all (or near enough all) the away games over years and that includes the Championship. So for me, they have earned their right. Yes, some of them may now hold on to that privilege but that's the system's fault, not the individuals. To me though, those are the real fans mostly and 90-95% of fans who got tickets for this match have deserved it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AdamLcfc81 said:

I've no idea why you've spent your time replying to this poster, he has called you a knob, I wouldn't have replied to that, you like me are on the away scheme, we have put in  the games to get there, you don't need to explain you reasons, more so as you say you attend most yourself and it is others in your group who drop out.

The bitter ones are those who can't get a ticket, why is that? Ah yes they didn't travel the length of the country in the darker times.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, promised land said:

I've no idea why you've spent your time replying to this poster, he has called you a knob, I wouldn't have replied to that, you like me are on the away scheme, we have put in  the games to get there, you don't need to explain you reasons, more so as you say you attend most yourself and it is others in your group who drop out.

The bitter ones are those who can't get a ticket, why is that? Ah yes they didn't travel the length of the country in the darker times.

Yeah the first post I wrote out I thought I’d get banned so I toned it down a bit. Didn’t need to explain myself looking back your right. 

12 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

So my point is then don’t go on the away scheme. If you can’t do every away don’t go on it. It just wastes tickets for genuine fans in the queue behind him. Not the people he decides to sell onto who could be anyone. The best thing the club did was to make people pick up in person on the European aways. Sorted knobs like this in one fail swoop. And amazingly Bruges away at roughly 1,400 got so far down the pecking order it highlighted the current piss take the system is now.

Doesn't defeat the issue though. It worked for Europe because we had to take passports etc but for a domestic game I could collect an away ticket and still sell it on if I wanted. What's stopping me? The only way you'll stop it, in my opinion, is if a name is printed on each ticket and everybody has to show their ID on entry to the ground. Yes that'd be stupid but surely it's the only answer?

Personally I've never sold on for points. There's no point - we're not Manchester United where demand is always 100%. I'm just shy of 260 points but still went to Brugge last season and was able to get one for Bournemouth this season (both smaller allocations). Yeah I bought for Liverpool last season and in the end couldn't make it so sold for face value on here but if there was a restriction in place (as I mention something like an ID form) then that'd stop genuine sell ons as well.

It's difficult.

I messaged @AdamLcfc81 as I've sadly missed out for Fleetwood. He was offering them at face value, which is fair enough. When people start trying to make a profit from other fans that's when they should be reported. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Oh yeah, that system was so successful. I know lads who got away with using other people's briefs at all three group games. Plus, it was a ballache which took unnecessary time out of your day out.

The bigger issue at hand for me is the number of ticket office backhanders/boxholder tickets given away for more attractive games, than any alleged "abuse" (if that's what you want to call it) of the priority system.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

When I said pick up in person I meant on the day in the city/town the game is at. United did this a couple of seasons ago at our place, I think they had to collect from the tigers ground. Not many people would travel and then pick up a ticket to pass on.

i felt the European pick up arrangements worked well. I had done it for many years with England so was perhaps more used to it. You will always get abnomilies where things still slip through. 

The basic truth is that it is not worth the hassle for the club to do especially when we are talking 1 or 2 games a year which cause this supply/demand issue. 

Edited by TamworthFoxes

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh yeah, that system was so successful. I know lads who got away with using other people's briefs at all three group games. Plus, it was a ballache which took unnecessary time out of your day out.

The bigger issue at hand for me is the number of ticket office backhanders/boxholder tickets given away for more attractive games, than any slleged "abuse" (if that's what you want to call it) of the priority system.

I know some go to extremes to get a ticket but wearing someone else's shreddies?:blush:

That's just wrong IMO.

• Haha 2