Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

André Almeida

23 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

When we were in the championship yes, now we're in the Premiership it's a different ball game.

Wait, the majority of players that won us the league title two years back cost a fortune??? Name and shame!

I agree that we've paid way over the odds for most of our transfer dealings and/or they have flattered to deceive.

Our recent transfer policy is sketchy at best. Bring back Steve Walsh.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Wait, the majority of players that won us the league title two years back cost a fortune??? Name and shame!

I agree that we've paid way over the odds for most of our transfer dealings and/or they have flattered to deceive.

Our recent transfer policy is sketchy at best. Bring back Steve Walsh.

He done really well at Everton, this gets my vote :ph34r::schlupp:

7 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Not the best, but he is decent. Depends on the price to be honest.

Another mediocre signing then. :unsure:

I'd rather let Amartey have a run in the side for a couple of months and give him a chance to see what he can do, I was at Liverpool today and thought he had a good game.

• 3 weeks later...

City and Benfica differ in Almeida value - reports

It’s been a while since the last update on City’s reported pursuit of Benfica right-back Andre Almeida, and there’s perhaps a reason why.

Portuguese newspaper Record report that no formal offer has been made by City because they’re unwilling to bid above €5m (£4.4m).

Meanwhile, Benfica president Luiz Filipe Vieira has outlined that talks won’t take place unless the offer is at least €15m (£13.3m), as Benfica are not keen on selling their first-choice right-back in the middle of a title fight.

And so, there appears to be a stalemate.

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

We must really rate him if we’re not willing to go over £4.4m

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

£4.4m wouldn't get you a Championship RB these days. I'm not sure if he's any good, but surely we don't expect to sign a first choice player from a club like Benfica for that.

I don't know, I think it is a fair price for him.  They're holding out for the "Premier League Premium". I'm sure he'd be sold to Italy, Spain, or Germany for around €5m... 

On 17/01/2018 at 16:33, Ted Maul said:

£4.4m wouldn't get you a Championship RB these days. I'm not sure if he's any good, but surely we don't expect to sign a first choice player from a club like Benfica for that.

Exactly; it’s sounds like ‘we’ are taking the piss here.

If he’s any good playing for Benfica, surely we’d be expecting to pay a minimum of £10m.

Something not right with this story.