Gerard

André Almeida

23 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

When we were in the championship yes, now we're in the Premiership it's a different ball game.

Wait, the majority of players that won us the league title two years back cost a fortune??? Name and shame!

I agree that we've paid way over the odds for most of our transfer dealings and/or they have flattered to deceive.

Our recent transfer policy is sketchy at best. Bring back Steve Walsh.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Wait, the majority of players that won us the league title two years back cost a fortune??? Name and shame!

I agree that we've paid way over the odds for most of our transfer dealings and/or they have flattered to deceive.

Our recent transfer policy is sketchy at best. Bring back Steve Walsh.

He done really well at Everton, this gets my vote :ph34r::schlupp:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cujek said:

He done really well at Everton, this gets my vote :ph34r::schlupp:

I think his problem at Everton is that they expect to sign big name expensive players and he’s not going to find many gems when they’ve already made it

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

So, he’s a bit rubbish then?

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

It was a cup game... 

We cant have him cup tied for the AFCON.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

So that's him and silva both unavailable for us until march when the AFCON is finished ???

No it starts the end of june now. The World cups going to start in november this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Not the best, but he is decent. Depends on the price to be honest.

Another mediocre signing then. :unsure:

I'd rather let Amartey have a run in the side for a couple of months and give him a chance to see what he can do, I was at Liverpool today and thought he had a good game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Not the best, but he is decent. Depends on the price to be honest.

If we got him in it wouldn't be an upgrade on Simpson which is what we need really. Plus I don't really think he's not that good going forward and he's not the quickest. Be disappointed if we get him in.

• Like 1

City and Benfica differ in Almeida value - reports

It’s been a while since the last update on City’s reported pursuit of Benfica right-back Andre Almeida, and there’s perhaps a reason why.

Portuguese newspaper Record report that no formal offer has been made by City because they’re unwilling to bid above €5m (£4.4m).

Meanwhile, Benfica president Luiz Filipe Vieira has outlined that talks won’t take place unless the offer is at least €15m (£13.3m), as Benfica are not keen on selling their first-choice right-back in the middle of a title fight.

And so, there appears to be a stalemate.

£4.4m wouldn't get you a Championship RB these days. I'm not sure if he's any good, but surely we don't expect to sign a first choice player from a club like Benfica for that.

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

We must really rate him if we’re not willing to go over £4.4m

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

£4.4m wouldn't get you a Championship RB these days. I'm not sure if he's any good, but surely we don't expect to sign a first choice player from a club like Benfica for that.

I don't know, I think it is a fair price for him.  They're holding out for the "Premier League Premium". I'm sure he'd be sold to Italy, Spain, or Germany for around €5m... 

On 17/01/2018 at 16:33, Ted Maul said:

Exactly; it’s sounds like ‘we’ are taking the piss here.

If he’s any good playing for Benfica, surely we’d be expecting to pay a minimum of £10m.

Something not right with this story.

id happily pay 20 million (of someone elses money) to get a top class proven right back.

Edited by les-tah

I’d rather spend £8/£10m on Sarr, he’s progressing and hasn’t reached his peak yet.