Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

What talent do you wish you had?

I'm interested by how many people say languages or instruments, when actually they're not natural talents you could still teach yourselves. I think we get the idea (and I'm very guilty of this too) that it's too late now so we can't do it. 

I do wish I'd been raised multilingual (I had very minimal Welsh lessons, I'm talking like the Scandis, Dutch or the Belgians who learn about four) but I also accept I could be learning even now I'm just too passive. 

I wish I had a better voice. I'd love some stonking Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder drawl with some power. I was a soloist boy soprano (shocker I know) but once my balls dropped it all went out the window. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm interested by how many people say languages or instruments, when actually they're not natural talents you could still teach yourselves. I think we get the idea (and I'm very guilty of this too) that it's too late now so we can't do it. 

I do wish I'd been raised multilingual (I had very minimal Welsh lessons, I'm talking like the Scandis, Dutch or the Belgians who learn about four) but I also accept I could be learning even now I'm just too passive. 

I wish I had a better voice. I'd love some stonking Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder drawl with some power. I was a soloist boy soprano (shocker I know) but once my balls dropped it all went out the window. 

Learning languages is a huge effort when you are out of school.

I went for Spanish lessons once a week for about 3 months and the biggest learning was how shit my English grammar is. The tutor says she usually spends the first month of Uni teaching people exactly that.

Funny thing is, we were learning it because the other half’s job meant us needing to move and we ended up in Italy,  that was a complete mind**** jumbling that in as well.

A proper random one but I’d love to be good at Snooker. I’m good at pool but just can’t get to grips with snooker. It amazes me watching the likes of O’Sullivan etc

other than that i’d just like to lose my social anxiety

Edited by foxfanazer

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

A proper random one but I’d love to be good at Snooker. I’m good at pool but just can’t get to grips with snooker. It amazes me watching the likes of O’Sullivan etc

other than that i’d just like to lose my social anxiety

I was a very good snooker player in my teens, highest break of 92 but the guys who play it professionally are just on another level.

I don't really long for a talent, my ideal job would be to open the batting for England but I'm just as happy watching others do it now, I'd love to able to sing like Bocelli actually, that would be pretty amazing.

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf singing is something you can learn too. Everyone has their natural range they're comfortable in but it doesn't take much to learn to expand that range.

I'd like to be able to jump over a house.

Just imagine, if you were walking home from the pub with your mates or walking a young lady home from a restaurant, and you suddenly leaped and soared over a house.

You'd soon be the talk of the town. Everyone would know you as the bloke who jumped over houses.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Just imagine, if you were walking home from the pub with your mates or walking a young lady home from a restaurant, and you suddenly leaped and soared over a house.

You'd soon be the talk of the town. Everyone would know you as the bloke who jumped over houses.

:nono:

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

He's thrown a kettle over a pub... what have you ever done?

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Can't stop laughing at this lol  God bless you, Alf.

I'd love to be able to bowl really well.  I'm talking getting to the stage where I'm able to accurately read a lane's oil pattern and be able to fine-tune my game to compensate for changes to the lane caused by previous throws throughout the match and bowl upwards of 200 with regularity (or even at all would be nice to start).

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1