Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Foxestalk Biscuit World Cup - The Semi-Finals!

Foxestalk Biscuit World Cup - The Semi Finals!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Semi-Final 1

• Bourbon Cream
    • Chocolate Chip Cookie
  2. 2. Derby Della Hob e' nob (Semi-Final 2)

• Hobnob (Classic)
    • Chocolate Hobnob (Chocolate)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/17 at 23:59

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Custard cream & bourbon are poverty biscuits. Oh I’ve only got £0.39p I’ll have to get some Aldi’s own custard creams or bourbons. 

You see someone with chocolate hobnobs in there cupboard you know they have a bit of class about them and they are sainsburys shoppers. 

Hey - when you’re a student, the poverty biscuit option makes a cheap and satisfying lunch.

If I wanna be flash, then maybe I buy a pack of Custard and Bourbon Creams and mix and match! 

Was probably raised earlier but the inclusion of chocolate chip cookie at all was questionable I reckon. The amount of variety between products that deem themselves to be chocolate chip cookies is too great - it's almost more like a category of biscuit than a biscuit in itself. There's a world between the Maryland shite and the big soft ones from Sainsbury's and that. Then there's the chocolate chip cookies from Millie's/Ben's cookies etc. Probably wasn't the only entry you could say this about tbf.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Was probably raised earlier but the inclusion of chocolate chip cookie at all was questionable I reckon. The amount of variety between products that deem themselves to be chocolate chip cookies is too great - it's almost more like a category of biscuit than a biscuit in itself. There's a world between the Maryland shite and the big soft ones from Sainsbury's and that. Then there's the chocolate chip cookies from Millie's/Ben's cookies etc. Probably wasn't the only entry you could say this about tbf.

For me choc chip cookie in a biscuit competition has to mean the Maryland style and to think you have people voting for that then having the cheek to turn around and moan about custard creams or bourbons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I do agree with that tbf. I was only thinking of biscuit in the sweet form as a stand-alone snack.

I think the biscuits have to be judged as a stand alone snack. If you start allowing things to be added to improve them it's like allowing a team to call up foreign players for the world cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

For me choc chip cookie in a biscuit competition has to mean the Maryland style and to think you have people voting for that then having the cheek to turn around and moan about custard creams or bourbons.

I like to think it’s the luxury ones the missus brings home from Marks and Spencer’s, they are still biscuits but are proper chunky chocolate and are very nice.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I think the biscuits have to be judged as a stand alone snack. If you start allowing things to be added to improve them it's like allowing a team to call up foreign players for the world cup.

Nope - an individual is free to determine their vote on whatever basis they wish.

Equally where there is a broad range of biscuits available under a category, such as Chocolate Chip Cookie, it is up to the individual to make their own choice what version they are voting for.

Finally the natural difficulty in applying ‘voting rules’ is the inability to enforce them - making a ‘free’ vote the only option.

This may be controversial, but isn’t the openness of interpretation that part of the attraction of this particular subject?

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I'm just catching up with this thread and I just cannot believe that a ****ing Hobnob got past a Fig Roll in Round 1, never mind this far! 

And those of you purists talking about biscuits versus cookies are bang on. This is England!

There is a definite prejudice against fruit based biscuits in this competition. Fruit shortcake and Garibaldis didn't even make the shortlist.

Just now, Webbo said:

There is a definite prejudice against fruit based biscuits in this competition. Fruit shortcake and Garibaldis didn't even make the shortlist.

I think next time we need a qualifying round.

58 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

That said it's basically a Bourbon biscuit v three cookies. And Bourbons are the WORST biscuit ever. The final should have been a Custard Cream v Dark Chocolate Digestive. 

You clearly have something like dyslexia of the taste buds.

You are a sick, sick man.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
12 hours ago, Buce said:

As a stand alone biscuit, I agree, but digestives are transformed with a nice ripe piece of Stilton on the top.

C54CEBE9-3BF1-485E-9173-40089119F353.gif