Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

2018 Deathlist

6 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Peter Stringfellow
Kevin Spacey
Joe Jackson (Michael Jacksons dad)
Davina McCall
Larry Merchant

Under 40:

Gemma Collins

I assuming that's under 40 years old not under 40 stone?

• Haha 2

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 00:14, Alf Bentley said:

You'll certainly feel guilty if ISIS send a suicide bomber into Prince Harry's wedding reception, won't you? :ph34r:

I'd actually be a bit upset myself, despite not being a great royalist. He comes across as a genuinely decent bloke, though that may be naivety on my part. Now, his uncles Andrew & Edward, however....

I might have agreed had he intervened in the Windsor homeless issue.

His silence on the matter speaks volumes.

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

I might have agreed had he intervened in the Windsor homeless issue.

His silence on the matter speaks volumes.

Not sure that's fair. If he'd spoken out, he'd have been lambasted for intervening in politics just as Charles is when he pipes up. That's fair enough, though, as we surely don't want an unelected, hereditary monarchy getting political, do we?

If we accepted Harry commenting on homelessness - implicitly criticising the Tory council leader - would we also accept, say, Philip slamming Corbyn for being weak on immigration?

Plus, it would doubtless have caused a big media furore with the right-wing press criticising Harry and running features on fake beggars living in mansions high on drugs etc.

Maybe he did say something, for all we know, but said it privately? Theresa May certainly slapped the Windsor Tory leader down smartish.

Or maybe Harry isn't a decent bloke at all, but has just been well trained by his PR people? Though, I tend to trust my instincts, which tell me he seems alright, Queeny is very dutiful, Phil is a reactionary but a bit of a laugh, Charles decent and thoughtful if a bit self-regarding, William OK but very conventional, Anne probably honourable but not much fun, Andrew & Edward a pair of prats... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Not sure that's fair. If he'd spoken out, he'd have been lambasted for intervening in politics just as Charles is when he pipes up. That's fair enough, though, as we surely don't want an unelected, hereditary monarchy getting political, do we?

If we accepted Harry commenting on homelessness - implicitly criticising the Tory council leader - would we also accept, say, Philip slamming Corbyn for being weak on immigration?

Plus, it would doubtless have caused a big media furore with the right-wing press criticising Harry and running features on fake beggars living in mansions high on drugs etc.

Maybe he did say something, for all we know, but said it privately? Theresa May certainly slapped the Windsor Tory leader down smartish.

Yeah, I largely agree with that, though I might argue that Council leader invited comment by using Harry's wedding as justification for his attack on a vulnerable sector of society.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, I largely agree with that, though I might argue that Council leader invited comment by using Harry's wedding as justification for his attack on a vulnerable sector of society.

I completely agree with that - but he invited comment by democratically-elected politicians and disgusted, decent members of the public, not hereditary royals.

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

I completely agree with that - but he invited comment by democratically-elected politicians and disgusted, decent members of the public, not hereditary royals.

I disagree - I feel he invited comment from Harry himself by using his wedding to make a political statement.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I disagree - I feel he invited comment from Harry himself by using his wedding to make a political statement.

Ah, well, agree to disagree, then. I reckon it's better that the royals don't involve themselves in public politics, even if provoked, as in this instance - for the reasons already stated.

Better stop diverting a thread about death into a thread about the royals, anyway!

I've never heard of her, but did anyone have Rebekah Shelton? http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/12/big-brother-housemate-rebekah-shelton-dies-aged-32-7223294/

"Big Brother housemate Rebekah Shelton has died aged 32. The Brazilian star, who appeared in the Big Brother house in 2009 pre-transition, passed away on Wednesday night. A message on her Twitter account read: ‘We’re sorry to inform everyone of the sad news that our wonderful and lovely Rebekah died unexpectedly on Wednesday night. ‘We ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this time.’ It is unclear what caused Rebekah’s untimely death"

Well, if you did nominate her, you're out of luck.... "UPDATE: Rebekah Shelton is not dead and has posted a video of herself as proof". :blink:

29 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Fats Domino died without funfair?  He must have done,  because I didn't know. This man was a true great musician.

Would be a bit tasteless to stage a funfair in response to someone's death, wouldn't it? 

A few of us did give him a bit of fanfare, though (Deathlist 2017, p.22) :D

Certainly a legendary original rock'n'roll/boogie icon, great musician and great singer, though. :thumbup: