Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Black Mirror SEASON 4

saw this thread and i thought i would give the series a try.

so i watched the first episode. pigs? seriously, PIGS?!? smh! :revenge:

pretty decent episode, the two lads from the hospital were great. the reporter deserved to get shot (was hoping she got killed but meh, you don't always get what you wish)

[/spoiler]

20 minutes into the second episode

one girl likes the n'golo-schlupp hybrid but he likes the blue eyed one, she gives him the ol' gold digger line "i want to follow my dreams but i don't have enough [inserte corency here], and him, the smitten kangaroo that he is, is buying the scam! bad move, my dude! bad move!

edit: was wrong about the one dollar store katy perry, but it still ended bad for him, (sort of). he was genuine to himself and everybody for a minute but sold out in the end, the muppet!

the only person who was not buying the "shtick" and feeling bad for people was the girl who showed him the "apple vending machine" trick, poor her.

instead of that "dance", he should've just told them that he can do a decent job as a defending mid.

in the end, the episode was great and the acting was amazing (from our MC of course).i like this episodic theme so far but it can leave behind characters for the long run

Edited by the fox

USS Callister 

Went in thinking this was just going to be a Star Trek spoof like Galaxy Quest (brilliant film). I really should have known better. Great reveal/sub plot; great supporting cast too (Jimmi Simpson changeling his characters from Sunny and WestWorld in one go). Typical Black Mirror - twists everything you should feel about the main character and what they've done. 

Breaking Bad fans: the gamer at the end? Aaron Paul. 

Loved this one

Arkangel

Felt more like a typical American melodrama for the most part with a creepy twist; the effects of shielding Sara from uncomfortable situations like sex or violence and her resulting exploits didn't feel like they were explored enough for the violence at the end. I love Jodie Foster but I'm not sure if she pulled it off here. 

Could have been better. 

Crocodile 

Turned into a literal fcking blood bath!! 

Spent most of this episode wondering where the hell it was set. British people but driving on the left?! 

Not many shows could get away with such a chilling and hilarious twist at the end. That takes a lot of skill as a writer; something I aspire to as that sort of ending (inevitable happens anyway) is right up my street. 

Brilliant, and horrifying at the same time. 

Will watch the last three tomorrow. And then I'll be disappointed that I'm finished. Kinda miss weekly releases

Watched 4 episodes so far

USS Callister - felt exactly the same as Urban said above. Personally expected to hate it but was great.

Arkangel - alright, could have been better. Needed a lot more of the relationship between mother and daughter to make it good.

Crocodile - terrible

Hang the DJ - actually really enjoyed it, was more the kind of Black Mirror episode I enjoy. 

Edited by Kopfkino

So.

Hang The DJ

Felt very similar to "The Lobster" (Colin Farrel/Rachel Weisz 2015 film) with relationships getting decided by absurd incompetent systems... Lobster just edges it for me... Terrific performances all round. Loved the connection between the two characters; it almost felt disappointing to be back in the "real" world as in reality, they'd probably be twats.

Loved it in a San Junepiro kinda way 

Metalhead

Loved the B&W. Loved Maxine Peake. Felt like this was the last third of a story though. Don't know if the preceeding two thirds are important, but Metalhead doesn't feel right without more back story for me.

Would be happy if they completed the story in the next series, but this one felt incomplete for me.

Black Museum

Hilarious, horrifying and heartbreaking all in one.

Spent the first half trying to work out where I'd seen half the cast.

Nish (Letitia Wright) I remember from Doctor Who's Face The Raven.

Carrie (Alexandra Roach) has been in so many things recently (Utopia, Inside No 9, Cuban Fury)

But the one who stood out was the guy who played Dawson (Daniel Lapaine). I just knew I'd seen his face before. And I had. He was the South African swimmer in the greatest film of all time - Muriels Wedding. He's also married to Fay Ripley. Shut up and watch it till you love it.

Several hours on and it's the Dawson segment that has stayed with me. Hilarious and horrifying is what Black Mirror does best.

This episode was brilliant.

It's gonna take a few days to mull over these episodes to decide which I liked best, but I have to be honest - this was a very, very strong series. Excellent writing and phenomenal performances all round. Cannot wait for more.

Edited by urban.spaceman

On 12/30/2017 at 04:14, urban.spaceman said:

USS Callister 

Hide contents

Went in thinking this was just going to be a Star Trek spoof like Galaxy Quest (brilliant film). I really should have known better. Great reveal/sub plot; great supporting cast too (Jimmi Simpson changeling his characters from Sunny and WestWorld in one go). Typical Black Mirror - twists everything you should feel about the main character and what they've done. 

Breaking Bad fans: the gamer at the end? Aaron Paul. 

Loved this one

Arkangel

Hide contents

Felt more like a typical American melodrama for the most part with a creepy twist; the effects of shielding Sara from uncomfortable situations like sex or violence and her resulting exploits didn't feel like they were explored enough for the violence at the end. I love Jodie Foster but I'm not sure if she pulled it off here. 

Could have been better. 

Crocodile 

Reveal hidden contents

Turned into a literal fcking blood bath!! 

Spent most of this episode wondering where the hell it was set. British people but driving on the left?! 

Not many shows could get away with such a chilling and hilarious twist at the end. That takes a lot of skill as a writer; something I aspire to as that sort of ending (inevitable happens anyway) is right up my street. 

Brilliant, and horrifying at the same time. 

Will watch the last three tomorrow. And then I'll be disappointed that I'm finished. Kinda miss weekly releases

thank you re episode 1, that was bugging me. still got the last 3 to watch, might finish up today

USS Callister 

Best of the series so far, the Todd/Pinkman thing was a nice touch

Arkangel

Thought this was a bit poor, there's no way that once the girl got a bit older she wouldn't have demanded that the tablet controller thing was kept in her possession, and a chip that can never be removed? Really? The issue of parental control and technology is an interesting one but this didn't really capture it imo.

Crocodile

Enjoyed it on face value but similar to the above, the satirical element of it was a bit muddled and didn't really leave me with anything to reflect on. Not sure if I'm expecting a bit too much though, as this show has set itself very high standards.

Hang the DJ

The San Junipero of this season, a lovely bit of light relief to break up the unrelenting grimness of the rest of the series so far 

Hoping to polish off the last two today or tomorrow 

Edited by Rogstanley

51 minutes ago, Buce said:

Oh, man... I'd never seen any of these before, so I downloaded the first series.

The Prime Minister blackmailed into fvcking a pig on live tv - just to win the Turner Prize! :crylaugh:

I'm hooked.

Black Mirror is incredible mate. I don’t watch much TV but make an exception for this as it’s truly different and unique I think.

Series 1&2 are my favourite then I felt it went a bit American mainstream in series 3 although it was still excellent.

I've just watched ep1 of series 4 and once again it delivers.

Knowing how your mind works, you’ll absolutely love it. Enjoy! :)

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Thanks 1

1- pretty standard black mirror episode but really liked the cast.

2- enjoyed a lot but felt it left a lot to be desired. 

3- really good but dark.

4. Good

5. Pretentious nonsense saved only by Maxine Peake who I adored in Silk and Shameless.

6. Best black mirror episode. 

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why so?

There was some programme a few years ago which he was on. He's full of himself (pot calling kettle I realise). He goes out of his way to try to make clever stuff but actually ends up making pretty banal points and thinks he's far cleverer than he actually is. That programme just made me think he's a nob and it's not a view I've let go of. 

Edited by Guest