Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

I'm Old Enough To Remember...

14 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Better a militant, over aggressive over powerful union, than the world we live in today. Where people who work still cannot support their family, where people are forced onto zero hour contracts, where corporate profits go up by 20% while wages only rise by 2%. 

#eattherich

These are the jobs which are moving to robotic levels of intensity without the robots;  Not sustainable to have people doing the picking.  Horrible job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Challenge on Freeview occasionally still shows old Knightmare episodes, just as freaky now as it was when I was a kid

Yes seen a few episodes on challenge. Always got scared when I saw the big spider or when they went through the room with blades. Think there's a spoof on you tube which is very funny. 

I remember going into work in Leicester in the late 60's from oadby the back way via Gartree Roar to avoid the traffic.

If you didn't get to the junction near the Cow and Plough at the right time, you would get stuck behind the farmer walking his herd of cattle down the road. A different world and less than 50 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Megazone/Laserquest.

I know the former shut a good few years ago but not sure about the latter?

The city needs a new bowling or something similar venue.

AFAIK Megazone is still there, LCFC had the children's Christmas party there in 2016

• Thanks 1

Does anyone remember milk and bread tokens (blue for milk, and yellow for bread?).

What were they all about?

While I'm at it, it's worrying that even after 60 years have passed I can still remember 

my mum's Co-op "divi" code ..... 48611. How some things stick in your head!

7 minutes ago, Burleyfox said:

Does anyone remember milk and bread tokens (blue for milk, and yellow for bread?).

What were they all about?

While I'm at it, it's worrying that even after 60 years have passed I can still remember 

my mum's Co-op "divi" code ..... 48611. How some things stick in your head!

They were issued by the Co-op to members as a dividend - a kind of forerunner of today's supermarket loyalty cards.

I'm old enough to remember the complete gamble of trying to meet one of your mates at the clock tower when mobile phones didn't exist

If they didn't turn up your only option was to try and ring their house on a pay phone, and if they weren't there you were just screwed! lol

Just now, MrSpaM said:

I'm old enough to remember the complete gamble of trying to meet one of your mates at the clock tower when mobile phones didn't exist

If they didn't turn up your only option was to try and ring their house on a pay phone, and if they weren't there you were just screwed! lol

I was trying to explain this to my teenager the other day.

She was horrified and bemused in equal measure.

25 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Yep, or knocking on your mates door and asking their mum if they can come out and if they couldn't you've wasted 15 minutes walking there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I still remember half my childhood mate's home phone numbers even though I haven't rang those numbers for about 15 years.

Bet the younger generation can't do that, can you, eh? Don't know you're born.