Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

I'm Old Enough To Remember...

The Harry Worth show. In the titles at the start he stand, half behind a shop window and raise one arm and let and it would look like he was floating. This won't make sense to anyone under 50.

2 minutes ago, Burleyfox said:

as a boy, getting chased out of the engine sheds at Leicester Station 

...and sitting atop of the steel structures on Swain Street Bridge and the bridges on New Walk, Back of the Dry Dock Pub / Freemans Common

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

The Harry Worth show. In the titles at the start he stand, half behind a shop window and raise one arm and let and it would look like he was floating. This won't make sense to anyone under 50.

It's here

for some reason it's always stuck in my head.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It's here

for some reason it's always stuck in my head.

I remember me and my mates doing it on nights out on the town.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I can remember the days when a man or woman under 35 could walk down the road without having a mobile phone glued to their hands and looking down at it without watching where they were going

those were the days 

Or indeed when folk could send text messages without feeling compelled to take a picture of themselves...  If the girl you're trying to woo on snapchat can't remember what you look like from the previous 15 identical selfies you've sent her over the past hour then you're preying on the mentally disabled.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2018 at 17:16, Wymeswold fox said:

The old Leicester City Council offices.

An eyesore in the heart of the city, but now the new building replacing it (student accommodation/commercial offices?) looks more attractive to look at.

Everton away that day. Funny what you remember . 

11 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Yes, egg powder. Weird stuff, wasn't it? Pretty gross really

I don't know if they've improved the recipe since then, DT, but I've carried powdered egg when hiking and found it quite acceptable.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Milk in bottles who's fecking bright idea was it to put it in plastic.

Read somewhere recently saying that glasses milk bottles are becoming higher in demand from consumers.

I think plastic has been overused in most products, and hence now the effect of too much of it is straining the quality of the oceans.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

Milk in bottles who's fecking bright idea was it to put it in plastic.

Oh yes, but what about the birds that pecked the tops, and drank the cream? All those great feathered heads, stuck in my milk bottles!

Robbing little perishers!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Oh yes, but what about the birds that pecked the tops, and drank the cream? All those great feathered heads, stuck in my milk bottles!

You tight fecker lol lol lol 

19 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

...and it exploding out of the top on a freezing cold morning.

• Like 2