Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Crazy Politically Correct happenings and issues thread

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think I've ever seen a same sex couple in an advert except for Match. Com and they were pretty obviously doing it to point out they're improving their services for for non-M/F daters which was historically their default. 

Oh and the advert in question got offcom complaints for showing lesbians flirting. 

Could you link this advert?
Image result for boner gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Buce said:

lol

But Kung Fu wasn't about the fighting, it focused on the philosophy.

True...although Bruce Lee was very heavily influenced by Krishnamurti.

And for all the phoney packaged Taoism, it didn't help Grasshopper avoid a somewhat ingnominious fate in the closet of a Thai hotel room.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

It’s stupid Gaelic I had a similar experience with same novel this Christmas, I was furious.

It was not so much ethnicities though, in this one scrooge was played by a DUCK! Of all things. There were mice, dogs, ducklings even fùcking crickets. Barely a human in sight, not what Charles had in mind I can tell you.

I bet he is turning in his grave, it ruined my Christmas.

6BF889D3-977D-460B-AE13-9D1183953D0B.jpeg

That’s incredible.

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

True...although Bruce Lee was very heavily influenced by Krishnamurti.

And for all the phoney packaged Taoism, it didn't help Grasshopper avoid a somewhat ingnominious fate in the closet of a Thai hotel room.

lol

How I'd imagine Bucey and Line x.. Buce as Gareth..

Start at 2.12

Edited by Col city fan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Fair play for writing what you believe mate, though you'll win few friends on here with a post like this, I suspect.

Victorian London contained many Asian immigrants and black freed slaves, so the issues Dickens was writing about would have affected all races, creeds and colours.

In terms of 'A Christmas Carol', the issue is, was Dickens writing about white characters? I'd assumed Scrooge to be white, Bob Cratchitt, Tiny Tim etc..

If so, then to make the play multi-racial in essence, is misleading. If you didn't know the story and thought that Scrooge had an Asian sister, when he didn't, the play would then not be real to the story. 

That's my take on it. If 'being PC' detracts from how something was written or meant to be perceived, it's 'being pc for pc's sake'. That's my opinion.

Jesus wept. Maybe we should go back to the days of Orson Wells blacking up to play Othello or men playing every role. 

If you really want to complain about 'Political Correctness gone mad' in the theatrical world then replacing the line 'children of Israel are never alone' with 'children of kindness are never alone' isn't a bad place to start http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/02/sir-tim-rice-criticises-teachers-changing-israel-lyrics-joseph/

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

What about Marley being a woman eh mate? Tiny Tim had long hair as well, bloody worlds gone to shit mate.

Marley, a woman?! Now that is crackers.

On a serious note though: you may disagree with the OP but I don't think any of us can deny political correctness does exist. The thread was to highlight where/when it occurs.

I've never known a thread go so off topic on FT before. :whistle:

33 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Marley, a woman?! Now that is crackers.

On a serious note though: you may disagree with the OP but I don't think any of us can deny political correctness does exist. The thread was to highlight where/when it occurs.

I've never known a thread go so off topic on FT before. :whistle:

It does exist, I'm just never sure it is what people think it is. 

To be fair to OP, Political Correctness is absolutely ridiculous at the moment. Can't make jokes about Women, the Irish or Scottish. Can't ask for a "white" Coffee anymore, or sing "white Christmas" in case you offend the 'ethnics'. Can't black up for the office party. Can't even go around with traditional white robes and a pillowcase on your head without getting kicked out of Disney Land. It's shocking.

Edited by Charl91
  • Haha 1

I’ve never understood musicals. You are  just watching a piece of acting, then they burst into song. It never happens in real life, so find it quite odd that people enjoy these things. 

I have fallen asleep to many a musical, and this Scrooge one at the Curve was my latest episode of napping at a musical. 

Think it’s more a female and kiddy event 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob1742 said:

I’ve never understood musicals. You are  just watching a piece of acting, then they burst into song. It never happens in real life, so find it quite odd that people enjoy these things. 

I have fallen asleep to many a musical, and this Scrooge one at the Curve was my latest episode of napping at a musical. 

My goodness me :)

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Who was it on here that confidently predicted an actual war about political correctness a couple of years ago?

I for one am still waiting for it with baited breath. I'm fascinated to see just how such a war would be fought

That's funny.

However, one could see the new reality of the demonisation of expertise, and the gaslighting now so prevalent (with Trump anyway) as some sort of reaction to PC. And we are rapidly heading for war, as the American establishment seems designed for a war effort.

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Who was it on here that confidently predicted an actual war about political correctness a couple of years ago?

I for one am still waiting for it with baited breath. I'm fascinated to see just how such a war would be fought

It would probably involve one side f’ing and jeffing and saying whatever they want and the united grammar Nazi’s and fem bots on the otherside combining to correct them. The LGBT ?️‍? factions would be conscientious objectors.

And of course the nazi/fem’s would lose because their combined army largely consists of snowflake ❄️ types

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Speak for your own life... only half an hour ago I was in Tesco singing to the checkout girl

“I’ve got to have a packet or two;

Marlboro gold,

I’ve got to have a packet or two”  

followed by

“MasterCard or Visa,

which is it for me?

I’ve no cash, 

can I pay contactlessee?”

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Happy NYE everybody!!

Greetings from the Caribbean and my mixed race family!!

Soooo PC!!! cdf7182c20a0121ef417a873bc65a5f2.jpg

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

The kids obviously get their good looks from their mother. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1