Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

FoxesTalk Awards 2017 - nominations thread

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm really not a fan of these things. Picking out favourites always excludes others. A lot of people who make solid contributions to the forum won't get a mention, which can be upsetting for them. I'd rather we didn't do this.

You're a Admin. surely you have the power?

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

You're a Admin. surely you have the power?

We had a similar thread a few years ago that I deleted but it caused a bit of a stir. If people want to do this I don't want to stop it  but I won't be voting myself.

If you're gonna vote for anything, then topics should be voted for, rather than individuals. The most popular topics are self-evident in the popularity/responses they attract.

There are regular posters who make great comments and remarks. Everyone here contributes in the best way they can. 

We don't need this TBF.

• Like 1

There seems to be a standout candidate for the year's best poster. Let's make it more interesting. Have a 'biggest tosser' category and there'll be far more competition...

1 minute ago, Great Boos Up said:

To throw in a name that isn't the obvious. For best supporting poster I nominate @Bob Weasel Fox

(good bad and ugly he just seems to keep the blue flag flying)

Great shout Boozy. Bob never stops singing in the match thread :D

And his lad winning the spare ticket to the Man Utd game was a lovely recent moment on FT

• Thanks 1

just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone on this forum.  (a special thank you for mark for providing such platform)

i've been a member here for a little over two years. and for better or worse, i love this forum! 

what makes this forum great is the diversity; you get all kinds of people here and it makes the interactions with other posters that much fun and genuine.

i can't count how many times i was grinning like an idiot while going by my day remembering some of posts in here.

coyb and a happy new year!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

End of year awards suck. Be it films, music, tv, sport or whatever, most people invariably vote for something from the last 2-3 months. Something brilliant that happened in January doesn't stand a chance.

Ha, not true. Our 0-0 draw with Middlesborough on 2nd Jan will undoubtedly be game of the year.

• Best Male poster - Too many to mention overall, but regarding LCFC what @Babylon says I very much relate to his opinion on certain aspects. But, in terms of the most-standout poster is @Izzy Muzzett(although not forgetting the others that are very open about theur situations at the time) - who offers very supportive advice on depression matters/life issues that have been covered in General Chat.
  • Best female poster - @FoxesDeband @Suzie the Fox, both sound likeable and easy to get along with. Can only think of two female posters alongside 'Sexylady-something', who was accused of doing something towards Brighton fans a few seasons back and had a bit of a rant on here lol..
  • Best overall poster - Too close to call to name anyone in particular.

• Best supporting poster - Izzy Muzzett or @Alf Bentley.
  • Best WUM (is it sad it took me years to work out that mean things wind up merchant?) - Don't like to disclose in case they may argue they're not a WUM..recent suspicions have led me to think that Thracian is one at times, but I don't know him (like anyone else on here) personally and I think some on here have actually met him and said what a nice person he was - so my thought here may be strongly disagreed..
  •  
  • Best serious thread - Depression.
  • Best comedy thread - Phunny Pictures.
  • Best overall thread - Depression - more 'real-life'-related and it really does bring ideas together from most that have contributed within that thread - to help those asking for advice.

• Best gif / emoji - Probably one of @Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo's many he has done with the players etc over the past few seasons.
  • Best image / Picture / visual representation - Unsure.
  • Best visual poster (i.e. a poster that in your opinion continuely creates the best visual work on the forum) - Benn?

• Funniest individual post - Probably @Haydosin that Maynard thread (look up, look down etc, which I believe is among one of the most popular regarding reputation points).
  • Best serious individual post - Many in the Depression thread.
  • Best individual overall post - Not sure.

Done my best @DJ Barry Hammond.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Thanks 2

• Best Male poster - Too many to mention overall, but regarding LCFC what [mention=26]Babylon[/mention] says I very much relate to his opinion on certain aspects. But, in terms of the most-standout poster is [mention=22235]Izzy Muzzett[/mention](although not forgetting the others that are very open about theur situations at the time) - who offers very supportive advice on depression matters/life issues that have been covered in General Chat.
  • Best female poster - [mention=24648]FoxesDeb[/mention]and [mention=27671]Suzie the Fox[/mention], both sound likeable and easy to get along with. Can only think of two female posters alongside 'Sexylady-something', who was accused of doing something towards Brighton fans a few seasons back and had a bit of a rant on here lol..
  • Best overall poster - Too close to call to name anyone in particular.

• Best supporting poster - Izzy Muzzett or [mention=8366]Alf Bentley[/mention].
  • Best WUM (is it sad it took me years to work out that mean things wind up merchant?) - Don't like to disclose in case they may argue they're not a WUM..recent suspicions have led me to think that Thracian is one at times, but I don't know him (like anyone else on here) personally and I think some on here have actually met him and said what a nice person he was - so my thought here may be strongly disagreed..
  •  
  • Best serious thread - Depression.
  • Best comedy thread - Phunny Pictures.
  • Best overall thread - Depression - more 'real-life'-related and it really does bring ideas together from most that have contributed within that thread - to help those asking for advice.

• Best gif / emoji - Probably one of [mention=16880]Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo[/mention]'s many he has done with the players etc over the past few seasons.
  • Best image / Picture / visual representation - Unsure.
  • Best visual poster (i.e. a poster that in your opinion continuely creates the best visual work on the forum) - Benn?

• Funniest individual post - Probably [mention=11598]Haydos[/mention]in that Maynard thread (look up, look down etc, which I believe is among one of the most popular regarding reputation points).
  • Best serious individual post - Many in the Depression thread.
  • Best individual overall post - Not sure.

Done my best [mention=49]DJ Barry Hammond[/mention].

Point proven! Top man!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Get   a poll going then I want to vote.

What's the uproar about? It's nothing serious, only a poll on a forum. 

I'm with Gaelic - the amount of competitive ass-kissing is embarrassing.