Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Hopefully he wont be playing in the big games. Ndidi, Iborra and Silva will smash any side.

Thought James grew into the game, in the first half he looked unfit or something. Hudders were shit though. Wonder if King will ever see the bench again.

I liked his performance against Huddersfield, especially bearing in mind he's coming back from a serious injury and he's miles above Andy King.

But as Silva came on, one could somehow see the different in quality between them. Hard to explain as it was a brief cameo, but in every touch and decision he made, one could sense that the guy is quality. Still happy to have him on the bench.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, foxesfan98 said:

I don't think Matty James is getting enough credit for his performance yesterday. The guy has been out for ages and hasn't started under Puel before, but slotted in like he'd been playing every week. Was really composed on the ball and showed himself to be an adequate stand-in for Iborra.

Agreed. So composed and comfortable on the ball. Read the game brilliantly. Did he misplace a pass? If that was Iborra everyone would be all over that performance, albeit in a fairly mid-tempo and intensity game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No, it's a preconceived idea of a player that pretty much shapes how one sees that player when they are watching him.

Babe ain't spreading no waves. He's being Babs

Preconceived ideas are commonplace. Does Andy King really do that much wrong? Of course not. But every match thread in which he is picked brings groans and complaints, he then has to be pretty special in that game to change the view. 

We've all been guilty of being too light on some players and harsh on others. I don't see why people can't just accept someone they aren't a fan of had a good match though, you don't suddenly have to be a huge admirer of the bloke.

As for James' performance, I thought he was our most lively player in the first half but the rest of the team looked well off the pace. He also improved as the team did in the second.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Isn't your 'pre conceived' idea of James that he's very good and actually much better than he really is?

No, I used facts and stats to show he's a better player than people gave him credit for. I've not once suggested he'd be amazing or a starting player. Also, if he plays shit I'll say he's played shit. I'm not going to put blinkers on and pretend he was something he wasn't.

Dragovic was a breath of fresh air next to Maguire. Instead of the usual back to Kasper or out wide to the Right back who knocks it long up the pitch, finally a player confident enough to look for Mahrez coming in and back to him for some better movement of the ball in breaking out. So tired of watching a back line with no confidence on the ball.

Edited by biggs

On 1/1/2018 at 10:36, ZeGuy said:

James did surprisingly well for someone who came back from this kind of injury.

Yes. People need to remember that beyond the physical recovery, the player needs to become confident in the injured leg again, which can take quite awhile. Especially an Achilles injury, as Achilles soreness correlates with Achilles tears, which are obviously far worse than tearing an ACL or something. You have to be incredibly disciplined  mentally not to let that affect you,not o compensate for the leg and favor the leg. Which makes James' play all the more impressive.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:51, Col city fan said:

I am now starting to dread if we ever lose Mahrez. He's absolutely the talisman and our best player by a country mile.

I can't believe you just said you are just NOW starting to dread. I thought you knew your football. I used to anyway.

@ttfn read this!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sdb said:

Agreed. So composed and comfortable on the ball. Read the game brilliantly. Did he misplace a pass? If that was Iborra everyone would be all over that performance, albeit in a fairly mid-tempo and intensity game. 

Not many misplaced passes, no. Had an 87% pass completion rate.