Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The 1st goal completely changed the game and Slimani was a totally different player after he scored.

Huddersfield were truly terrible and eventually we were better than they were. You could see us grow in confidence throughout the 2nd half and became very comfortable.

Not a match that changes my view about Slimani or our prospects under the manager at all, however. We were predictably dull and clueless before a sublime goal out of nothing.

That is extremely negative. So, needed to be 7-0 to make you happy today?

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

My only gripe about the game was Silva wasn’t given enough time on the pitch he looked real quality even tho he hasn’t played competitive football for 6 months really looks like we have a real gem on our hands !!

Took us a while to get warmed up but Well Played our Beautiful Blue Army !!

You're surprised by this? You talk like we've plucked Silva out of obscurity!

Fantastic performance in the second half. We looked brilliant and should have scored many more! Great to think that this was a team that has played a ton of football recently and without Vardy, Simpson and Iborra but still looked dominant at the end. We have genuine strength in depth now, even Dragovic did OK once he had to come on and got warmed up.

• Mahrez Stunner
  • Slimani back on the score sheet
  • Clean Sheet
  • James starting again
  • Silva debut and fantastic reception. He even looked good in his brief cameo, you could see how eager he is to get into the team!

Almost a perfect day really! Shame Wes got injured, but I think we now have that strength in depth even if he misses a few games. First time I have seen Puel turn it round after half time so emphatically, so well done there.

I also agree that overall Slimani probably was MOTM given Mahrez went off early. I don't think he had a great first half, but then I don't think any of our players could say they had a great first half, so please don't shoot me! Second half he was different gravy, linking up, running the channels and being great in all round play. Okazaki, Mahrez and Albrighton also deserve praise for having good games. Shame Ndidi didn't score with that great header also.

Very enjoyable game, I esepcially loved the way we played in the second. I think we will still be inconsistent this season given the change in our play, but the potential is there to be a great team. When we play like this (in the second half), it's genuinely a pleasure to watch the boys in blue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

That is extremely negative. So, needed to be 7-0 to make you happy today?

He'll come back with "Hey, just being a realist, am I not allowed to be critical?" in an attempt to convince us all, and I suspect even himself, that he is being fair.  The problem with constantly asserting a delusion is that eventually you fall for it yourself.  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Albrighton is a different player under Peul and has a good link up with Mahrez, how many times have we seen that type of assit to Riyad.

Mahrez and Slimani showing why they should play together, Slimani should be starting with Silva coming in as well.

Everyone else had a decent game, Silva looks class.

Even though it was Huddersfield things are looking good.

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Slim was excellent second half. Full of running and causing problems. 

Mahrez sublime. 

Albrighton and N’Didi also really good. Central defence solid, full backs suspect. 

James looked like a bad Andy King, unfortunately. 

Thought amartey had a good game

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The 1st goal completely changed the game and Slimani was a totally different player after he scored.

Huddersfield were truly terrible and eventually we were better than they were. You could see us grow in confidence throughout the 2nd half and became very comfortable.

Not a match that changes my view about Slimani or our prospects under the manager at all, however. We were predictably dull and clueless before a sublime goal out of nothing.

I bet it's a riot round your house!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fantastic performance in the second half. We looked brilliant and should have scored many more! Great to think that this was a team that has played a ton of football recently and without Vardy, Simpson and Iborra but still looked dominant at the end. We have genuine strength in depth now, even Dragovic did OK once he had to come on and got warmed up.

• Mahrez Stunner
  • Slimani back on the score sheet
  • Clean Sheet
  • James starting again
  • Silva debut and fantastic reception. He even looked good in his brief cameo, you could see how eager he is to get into the team!

Almost a perfect day really! Shame Wes got injured, but I think we now have that strength in depth even if he misses a few games. First time I have seen Puel turn it round after half time so emphatically, so well done there.

I also agree that overall Slimani probably was MOTM given Mahrez went off early. I don't think he had a great first half, but then I don't think any of our players could say they had a great first half, so please don't shoot me! Second half he was different gravy, linking up, running the channels and being great in all round play. Okazaki, Mahrez and Albrighton also deserve praise for having good games. Shame Ndidi didn't score with that great header also.

Very enjoyable game, I esepcially loved the way we played in the second. I think we will still be inconsistent this season given the change in our play, but the potential is there to be a great team. When we play like this (in the second half), it's genuinely a pleasure to watch the boys in blue.

Puell

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Albrighton is a different player under Peul and has a good link up with Mahrez, how many times have we seen that type of assit to Riyad.

Mahrez and Slimani showing why they should play together, Slimani should be starting with Silva coming in as well.

Everyone else had a decent game, Silva looks class.

Even though it was Huddersfield things are looking good.

Albrighton should be getting a call up for England imo, his quality on the ball and delivery is fantastic... been good even in the poorer games we have had 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

Slim was excellent second half. Full of running and causing problems. 

Mahrez sublime. 

Albrighton and N’Didi also really good. Central defence solid, full backs suspect. 

James looked like a bad Andy King, unfortunately. 

I thought James looked class. The English Iborra. We suddenly have a magnificent midfield again and problems for Puel in who to choose.

Albrighton a goal, an assist and could should have had more. He was brilliant.

Slimani grew in confidence and looked magic.

Ndidi was everywhere.

Maguire took Morgan's place (leadership)

Mahrez was fantastic but probably not in the top 5 players.

And then Silva arrived and everything he did was golden.

What a second half that was.

3 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

that kitch misery will be along soon, to desperately  try and tear it all apart

I think he's in exile.