Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

Thinking back on both halves now. How much of the first half performance was down to Puel game play, we just seemed content on soaking up any pressure from them. With them comming on the back of 4 wins Puel could have been fooled into thinking they would come at us in the 1st half.

Typical  FlashScore commentary. Makes me wonder how they go about doing this. It's embarrassingly inaccurate a lot of the time. 

Islam Slimani (Leicester) bursts into the box after a great solo run and gets one-on-one with the keeper, who he neatly side steps and rolls the ball into an empty net. Wonderful effort!

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

Not really - first half was full of truly awful performances, second half was full of really good performances 

Yeah I was taking about the whole 90 min game of football 

Ok - in which case the first part was awful and people were complaining...

...and the second part of the 90 minute game was really good fun, players played well and the fans were happy. 

Whilst you can only beat what is put in front of, can we just acknowledged that we beat Huddersfield?

Yes Huddersfield.

Premier League Huddersfield.

We've scored first and then capitulated against half decent teams recently. Let's not get too carried away, eh?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Very strange that people were questioning the line up, when we then win 3-0 James plays well and Slimani wins MOTM

Meh, they're the same people who were slating Puel for picking King at Southampton, and we all saw what happened there.

We're a good football team and everybody in that squad can do a job on their day. It's inevitable that some will leave in the next transfer window or two, but this is the first time in years that we've had genuine strength in depth. That we've got a player in James (who probably aped Drinkwater in our first season up) fit to play, looking perfectly capable when doing so and yet probably fifth choice in midfield behind Ndidi, Iborra, Silva and King speaks volumes of how quickly we've managed to turn around a serious shortfall and make it a position of strength. I get the feeling he'll go out on loan somewhere to get up to speed again, but on today's showing he's still on King's level (i.e. competent squad player) for me.

The only position that needs strengthening is right back - Simmo is injured and, though Amartey has slotted in reasonably well, it's not his position, though admittedly it's preferable to him being behind James in the pecking order for midfield I mentioned earlier.

We're either going to have to go 3-5-2 to cater for our bloated midfield and poor fullback options, or find somebody in the window. Then again, given Puel's track record, who is at right back for the academy and are they any good?

Plenty to mull over. UTF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Ok - in which case the first part was awful and people were complaining...

...and the second part of the 90 minute game was really good fun, players played well and the fans were happy. 

My initial point was about the comments before the game had even kicked off, not comments at HT

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Pity Gray didn't light up the pitch a bit more. I'm worried Mahrez may have a few more suitors compared to the previous transfer window.

Mahrez is under contract, there is no reason we should be letting him go anywhere.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Typical  FlashScore commentary. Makes me wonder how they go about doing this. It's embarrassingly inaccurate a lot of the time. 

lol so wrong... more like Mahrez finding slimani with a superb ball from the centre to left side and Slimani uses his pace to get away, but still has a lot to do with the keeper charging him down, wow he just neatly dinks it over the keeper... great composure and what a finish!!! 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mahrez is under contract, there is no reason we should be letting him go anywhere.

We said we'd sell him if the offer was good enough. Are we null and voiding that now we've got a new manager?

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whilst you can only beat what is put in front of, can we just acknowledged that we beat Huddersfield?

Yes Huddersfield.

We've scored first and then capitulated against half decent teams recently. Let's not get too carried away, eh?

Whilst I agree in part, we also just won 3-0 against the team 11th in the league.  Let's not get too depressed, eh? X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

What a wonderful 2nd half. I was moaning about lack of quality at halftime; and then Riyad does that and changes everything! Glad Slim showed what he can do and to see glimpses of Silva's quality. Really like this winning feeling... :D

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes Huddersfield.

WE'RE GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, kushiro said:

That second half:

No Vardy,

No Kante,

No Drinkwater,

No Huth

No Simpson,

No Morgan 

I think it's the first time in the PL we've had less than half the title winning side.

Good sign.

A pretty awesome sign if you ask me! No Chilwell or Iborra either who have been good this season. 

Remarkably, prior to our bad run of 5 games without a win we were 8th in the league - one point ahead of 9th place (Watford).We haven’t dropped below 8th during that run and if Everton lose later the we could be three points ahead of 9th place (Everton)

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Whilst I agree in part, we also just won 3-0 against the team 11th in the league.  Let's not get too depressed, eh? X

I'm no glass half full guy- more of a happy clapper to be fair, I've just not seen us for a few matches compete against decent sides convincingly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We said we'd sell him if the offer was good enough. Are we null and voiding that now we've got a new manager?

Who said it?

I've always been of the opinion that he should stay until it suits the club that he leaves - we pay him a lot of money, and were doing so even when he was crap.