Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We said we'd sell him if the offer was good enough. Are we null and voiding that now we've got a new manager?

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mahrez is under contract, there is no reason we should be letting him go anywhere.

Don't kid yourself. The chairmen are businessmen, if the offer is good enough, they will still sell.

Easy game although second half was much better than the first. Kasper not tested as Huddersfield were very poor.

Nice to keep a clean sheet for once. 

Mahrez was the difference between a poor game and not. At the moment he's playing miles above this team 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm no glass half full guy- more of a happy clapper to be fair, I've just not seen us for a few matches compete against decent sides convincingly.

Och aye, I know.  I just think it's more to do with a lack of depth.  I think at our strongest we are a match for anyone. X

Absolutely delighted we've finished the festive fixtures with a thumping win after a sticky run of form.

Really pleased for Slimani who is a good premier league striker who just needs a run of games.

Sounded like Silva was impressive in his 5 minute cameo.

Disappointing Big Wes went off injured but sounded like Drago did well, admittedly against a useless Huddersfield.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

Just now, Redouane said:

Then they have no obligation to sell. If Van Dijk goes for 75 million, then we are not going to sell for peanuts 

Precisely.

In today's market he's worth £100 million, and no one needs him that desperately.

39 minutes ago, FIF said:

I thought James looked class. The English Iborra. We suddenly have a magnificent midfield again and problems for Puel in who to choose.

Albrighton a goal, an assist and could should have had more. He was brilliant.

Slimani grew in confidence and looked magic.

Ndidi was everywhere.

Maguire took Morgan's place (leadership)

Mahrez was fantastic but probably not in the top 5 players.

And then Silva arrived and everything he did was golden.

What a second half that was.

I think he's in exile.

I laughed louder than I should have.

At least Puel can genuinely say “with qualitay” a couple of times in his match report. He mixed the team up a bit to good effect but hats off to Maguire, Ndidi and Albrighton for playing virtually every minute in the looney Xmas schedule and all 3 did well today.

Mahrez again the playmaker so let’s hope he stays as I think the combo with Silva will be interesting for us. Happy New Year all forum fans 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whilst you can only beat what is put in front of, can we just acknowledged that we beat Huddersfield?

Yes Huddersfield.

Premier League Huddersfield.

We've scored first and then capitulated against half decent teams recently. Let's not get too carried away, eh?

Foxes Talk. The place where beating Huddersfield at home will surely now mean we’ll end up top four.

Innit

:thumbup:

• Like 1