Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

Less said about the first half the better lol what an absolute borefest. First ten mins were alright then it went shit. Apart from Ndidi and James who found space now and then the rest were shit, zero movement from the front line, no linkage whatsoever. Slimani and Albrighton in particular were absolute garbage. Luckily Huddersfield posed little threat apart from a few long shots.

Second half was much better, after we got the first we absolutely destroyed them. Slimani and Albrighton came out like totally different players, great second half performance from both. With that second half performance Slim has surely saved his Leicester career, lovely finish for the goal. Defensively we were solid, Amartey and Dragovic both did well, while Maguire has probably never had it so easy. As for MOTM I'd give it to Ndidi, he was absolutely everywhere and ran the show. Good to see James back, he did ok, while Adrien Silva produced the best cameo appearance ever, made every pass and made a few good tackles.

We needed that, roll on Fleetwood :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

That's disappointing - you never know with Wes because there's never any theatrics or unnecessary drama, he just gets straight back up. The first incident which I assume caused the injury looked horrendous from where I was sat in SK1. What progress is Huth making? 

The repeated criticism of Marc Albrighton on this forum since our title year has been shameful. Best player on the field today and outstanding against ManU. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

First half was an absolute shocker. 

Jury is out on Slimani. Not sure how a player can be so bad and so good in the same game.

Much better second half. Albrighton has to go to the world cup. He's brilliant. Gray on the other hand has to be one of the worst decision makers in the league. If he had a brain, it would be dangerous.

THis is relatively easily explained...  he hasn’t started a bloody game for months!

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I would like to involve whomever stated had N’didi was overrated to come on and explain, fully why he thinks this... and his evidence to prove this. Today, for a 21 year old, he was fantastic! 

There is no doubt that with some good coaching Ndidi will be very, very good. We will need to be top six by that time to hang on to him.

11 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I would like to involve whomever stated had N’didi was overrated to come on and explain, fully why he thinks this... and his evidence to prove this. Today, for a 21 year old, he was fantastic! 

Ndidi is just treasure 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

That's disappointing - you never know with Wes because there's never any theatrics or unnecessary drama, he just gets straight back up. The first incident which I assume caused the injury looked horrendous from where I was sat in SK1. What progress is Huth making? 

The repeated criticism of Marc Albrighton on this forum since our title year has been shameful. Best player on the field today and outstanding against ManU. 

Agreed...  a huge shame as he’s been having a cracking season so far

Dragovic did absolutely fine when he came on and could be an interesting option alongside of Maguire... could be his big chance?

we need someone on the bench though... Huth if fit Andy Benny if not

Edited by Wolfox

13 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Pleased for Slim and lets face it when has this guy been given a consistant run in the team.

When he has played he has generally performed. I cant believe his knockers and on what grounds can he be critisised. !?

None really, I don’t understand it either, his goals to games ratio is decent. Hope he stays. 

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

Vardy's position looks up for grabs!

I'd love to see Slim used at times, even if it was at Vardy's expense. Vardy needs more rest than he's getting, and sometimes Slim's game makes more sense to deploy against certain teams. I know everyone except Shinji struggles to pair up top with Vardy, but if Slim could play like this, man, Vardy would be much more effective if teams had to worry about Slim in addition to Vardy, Gray, and Mahrez. Spread them out a bit, keep the defense stressed and guessing. Though Gray needs to pass a bit better for that to happen. 

First half we were nearly there but in the final third the timing was slightly off and Huddersfield defended quite well.

Second half they got a fair number of the passes timed perfectly and James and N'didi were quite a good partnership and controlled the midfield for fair chunks of the game.

A well deserved win with a makeshift team.

Shit first half, brilliant in the second. Slimani MOTM, really impressed with him after the break but there was also a lot of good performances out there today. Albrighton, Ndidi to name a few.

Thought James didn’t do too badly either considering he’s just come back from injury. Good to see him not get injured.

As for Silva, I know he didn’t get many minutes but the guy looks determined to prove his worth in the side. Really looking forward to seeing him start in the future.

When we played Hudds under Shakey, we were outplayed and very lucky to grab an away point. I felt at the time that our tactics must be wrong if we are being outplayed by sides with less quality in their team/squad than ours. Similar story at Bournemouth.

Hopefully, this result is indicative of the fact that we are now playing a style of football, which gives our players the chance to impose themselves against sides who are not as good as us.

I hated the “backs to the wall” football under Shakey and I find us much better to watch when we at least try and get our players on the ball. It won’t always come off; and we might be more exposed at the back, but at least we are trying to do the right things. I’m now fairly optimistic about Puel; even though I was underwhelmed by the appointment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesbrothers said:

I still cannot fathom how Albrighton has never had an England call-up. Apart from a couple of games this season and the doldrums of Claudio's last days, he's been on fire for three years now, with a range of crosses to make Steve Guppy blush. Even when we've been crap, he's popped up with assist after assist.

Surely it's time for Southgate to take a punt. SURELY?

:englandsmile4wf:

totally agree but **** putting marc in the england squad - it'll ruin him.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Slim was excellent second half. Full of running and causing problems. 

Mahrez sublime. 

Albrighton and N’Didi also really good. Central defence solid, full backs suspect. 

James looked like a bad Andy King, unfortunately. 

Absolute nonsense regarding James. He played very well today.

• Like 1