Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

39 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I would like to involve whomever stated had N’didi was overrated to come on and explain, fully why he thinks this... and his evidence to prove this. Today, for a 21 year old, he was fantastic! 

He is overrated on here, he had a very good game today fair enough and he is a fantastic prospect but let’s not pretend he is anywhere near consistent enough to be considered great yet. His first touch and distribution is still closer to poor than good and he has at times been lazy this season.

• Like 4

First half was meh, the game screamed 1-0 either way due to a OG/Penalty/Deflection.

Second half we stopped just trying to lump it up to Slim/force it though and got the ball down and played football. 

Mahrez settled the nerves with his goal and everything flowed,  players who were anonymous in the first half were stroking it around and winning everything. 

Dragovic looks composed at CB, Amartey  had a good game at RB, James came into the game more the longer it went on. In the few minutes he was in the pitch Silva looked quality, those months training with the squad and it looks like he’s ready to hit the ground running. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Slim was excellent second half. Full of running and causing problems. 

Mahrez sublime. 

Albrighton and N’Didi also really good. Central defence solid, full backs suspect. 

James looked like a bad Andy King, unfortunately. 

Absolute nonsense regarding James. He played very well today.

Surprised you think so...but each to their own. 

Honestly forgot got he was playing for about an hour. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He is overrated on here, he had a very good game today fair enough and he is a fantastic prospect but let’s not pretend he is anywhere near consistent enough to be considered great yet. His first touch and distribution is still closer to poor than good and he has at times been lazy this season.

Agreed. But he is looking a little more composed for longer periods the last few weeks. 

Still looks he playing twister to Metallica for the most part.

First half was poor

Second half we were able to win the ball alot further up the pitch and Mahrez was.superb in putting them.on the back foot.

First goal was critical until we scored, it was meh.  After that the confidence grew.

Against a poor team, James, Slim did really well.

I'm not convinced James or Slim will be effective against teams above us, but good to see we have other options

For a first nearly full game coming back from injury I thought James did really well today, precise passing and rarely gave the ball away. If he can remain fit it would be a huge bonus as he offers so much more than King. Slim worked his socks off and really grew into the game. He's no Vardy however and no speedster down the channels but neither can Vardy offer the variation he does if we play to his strengths when he's on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Agreed. But he is looking a little more composed for longer periods the last few weeks. 

Still looks he playing twister to Metallica for the most part.

Definitely, I’ve no vendetta. I think he is worthy of his place, I just question the magnitude of the praise he often receives.

Mahrez' brilliant goal transformed the game. That's what pure quality gives you. The second half thereafter was a joy to watch, and as an appetiser for what's to come Adrien Silva's six minutes or so were Michelin-star tasty. James did OK today, but on that early evidence he'll be lucky to get another start with Silva around.

19 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Y'all seem to love slagging off Slimani, Amartey and James. Well, they were all brilliant today.

Fuchs and Albrighton also get plenty of stick - not so shabby today, eh?

And Mahrez.........

Yeah they were, but remember it was against Huddersfield. Trouble is, when these same players under perform they get their bollocks chewed off on here. There's as much consistency here as there is in our performances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Lazy? He’s currently sitting 9th in distance covered in the premier league 17/18. He also tops the tackles chart at 91. He also played the pretty special pass to Mahrez V manure. He’s very highly thought of by other teams too, possibly more so than Mahrez due to his maturity in play at his age. His passing maybe wayward sometimes, and sometimes his first touch lose, but Kante’s distribution was never perfect either. N’didi is easily our most athletic player, I completely reject your ‘lazy’ statement he is far from it, he obviously has areas of his game that could do with tweaking, but our midfield would be far less effective without him. I think he is quality and will grow into a far better player than Kante. 

Lazy ‘at times’, reject it all you want, it’s true. 

He is a different player to Kante, if he was to model himself on anyone it should Vieira, he is great in the air and more imposing physically.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yeah they were, but remember it was against Huddersfield. Trouble is, when these same players under perform they get their bollocks chewed off on here. There's as much consistency here as there is in our performances.

Huddersfield are 11th. Table doesnt lie. They werent great today, but that doesnt reduce the fact that we dismantled them in the second half with players many on here deem to be useless.

Seems Puel reminded them that they can play at half time and we saw a fair bit of very good one touch football

• Like 1

You could see that James and Slimani lacked match sharpness in the first half but grew in confidence in the second and once we went ahead the whole team picked up and played better.  Slimani in particular showed how good he can be.  Mahrez did what only he can do - let's hope we keep him at least until the summer.  What a fantastic player Ndidi is becoming, and only 21 - there will be plenty of teams sniffing after him as well.

What a great last period we had - passing it around at will and totally dominating the game.  I don't remember seeing us do that much before - I like the way Puel is progressing us :)

• Like 1