Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fleetwood Town (A) pre-match

2 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Fleetwood goalie given special clean sheet incentive

If a place in the fourth round at the expense of a Premier League champion is not enough. Fleetwood goalkeeper Chris Neal has been given an extra slice of incentive.

If Neal keeps a clean sheet, Papa John’s have promised him a year’s supply of free pizza. Neal will receive one month’s worth of pizza for every 7.5 mins he keeps a clean sheet.

This calls for all-out attack to save the poor lad's career.

CNeal.JPG.ccc394302dc956a5affcddb589a8751a.JPG      +      za.JPG.0a7b8693ab1c4aeddb513590a099afbe.JPG          fatKeep.JPG.46ea97567a3d37dac50001b0a6f2debd.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Total expenditure over 3 seasons in Europe. 

For reference:

What Ham £163m

West Brom £118m

Stoke £114m

Bournemouth £117

Burnley £95m

Brighton £62m

Huddersfield £44m

Saints £151m - But have actually turned a £62m profit whilst doing so as they've sold so many players for big money.

Only Watford and Newcastle on £193m are £192 are even close to us.

In terms of bang for your buck Huddersfield ands Burnley are currently far better value and Saints have bought and sold brilliantly. 

For all that money we've spent we've still got a £1m keeper, £2m right back, £1m Centre back, Free left back, Free left winger, 400k right winger and £1m striker playing most games. The money we've spent has been mostly wasted, I'm not sure how anyone can even argue against that, we're still relying on half a team signed ages ago. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 19.58.25.png

surly you have to look at the net spend when judging a clubs recruitment over a period of time? correct me if i'm wrong.

• Like 3

On 1/4/2018 at 10:37, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yikes! I was in the US from Sept-Nov, but on Central time. Think my earliest wake-up was 7:45...this would be 6:45. Glad to be back in the UK

Double yikes!! I'm on the West coast, 4:45am start time for me. Hope I remember where the alarm clock is...and what it sounds like.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Fleetwood goalie given special clean sheet incentive

If a place in the fourth round at the expense of a Premier League champion is not enough. Fleetwood goalkeeper Chris Neal has been given an extra slice of incentive.

If Neal keeps a clean sheet, Papa John’s have promised him a year’s supply of free pizza. Neal will receive one month’s worth of pizza for every 7.5 mins he keeps a clean sheet.

I would let in a goal to not have to eat Papa John's :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

surly you have to look at the net spend when judging a clubs recruitment over a period of time? correct me if i'm wrong.

Ok, you're wrong. Buying one player for £1m and selling them for £100m, doesn't mean your recruitment has been a success because you turned a profit, if you also spent £98m on unmitigated disasters. But even if you want to play that game we're 18th in the whole of Europe rather than 16th. on net spend. 

Our recruitment was brilliant, but of that £200m spent how many have been anything close to being a success? We've wasted a shocking amount of money, most of our best signings were for a pittance from years ago. Kasper, DD, Vardy, Mahrez. 

That's not Rudkins fault, I doubt he picks the players. But the position he's in, he has to take the can if you're heading things up I'm afraid. Mucking up the Silva transfer, piles of cash wasted, release clauses (that are very rare in this country), he gets on board and suddenly they are coming out of our ears... and we now hear we won't deal include release clauses again (wonder why, because it was a cock up).

People have every right to question him and not be happy with how things have gone since the title win. Do they go over the top, yes. But please lets not act like it's a figment of people's imaginations. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

God he's shit... has Motson retired now?

He will be at the end of the season.

Jonathan Pearce is alright, though, imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Hamer

Amartey Dragovic  Benni    Chilwell 

Hamza

James         Silver 

Barnes                                       Musa

Slim

subs Jakopvic, Thomas, Knight, Nacho,ozaki (Vardy if fit), Albrighton  (possibly Riyad instead of Albrighton I just don’t want him getting crocked),Iborra 

Edited by baldeagle

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I disagree. The argument seems to be about how much we have wasted.

E.g.. for kante we got slimani and Benny.

For drinkwater, we got Silva (he looked good yes but we'vehad about 10 mins)

For what we could have ended up with for vardy we got musa and a couple of youth teamers.

Granted the reason we are still playing with such cheap players is because they are now worth far more than the players we bought but I don' think the question of whether we've spunked a shitload up the wall is really in question is it? 

Our total spend on players that actually worked out is minimal and net spend is a shitload of profit that has been royally wasted.

I'm as happy as anyone with the first team but squad depth lacks a lot of quality and often the bench cost about the same as the 11 on the pitch.

Edited by gw_leics772
****ing bastard auto bastard correct. Vardy = hardy. **** off you foreign piece of handset shit. Give me back my Nokia with alpha numeric keypad.
  • Like 1

Really looking forward to this one now. Ok we’re on a hiding to nothing but feels like the pressures off and we get a chance to see a few different players perform whilst resting key players after a hectic schedule.

Want a bit of rotation but really would love a good FA cup run

3-1 City

Slim 

Iheanacho

King

• Like 1

Want this to be over as quickly as possible.

Win and we were expected to

Lose and weve messed up.

Theyll be right up for it.

Has all the makings of an absolute nightmare and we have to get the game won.

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Total expenditure over 3 seasons in Europe. 

For reference:

What Ham £163m

West Brom £118m

Stoke £114m

Bournemouth £117

Burnley £95m

Brighton £62m

Huddersfield £44m

Saints £151m - But have actually turned a £62m profit whilst doing so as they've sold so many players for big money.

Only Watford and Newcastle on £193m are £192 are even close to us.

In terms of bang for your buck Huddersfield ands Burnley are currently far better value and Saints have bought and sold brilliantly. 

For all that money we've spent we've still got a £1m keeper, £2m right back, £1m Centre back, Free left back, Free left winger, 400k right winger and £1m striker playing most games. The money we've spent has been mostly wasted, I'm not sure how anyone can even argue against that, we're still relying on half a team signed ages ago. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 19.58.25.png

We need to quickly spend £23m or we will get relegated from this league.

• Haha 3