Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fleetwood Town (A) pre-match

Hamer

Amartey

Dragovic

Huth? Maybe give the young lad Hughes a chance if not

Chilwell

Gray

James

Silva

Barnes

Slimani

Vardy

Subs:

Jakupovic, Knight/Hughes, Fuchs, Choudhury, Thomas, Mahrez, Iheanacho

I would rather stay relatively strong to begin with and hopefully be in a position to bring on a couple of young lads later on. I think he'll play Vardy, especially after him not playing yesterday.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hamer

Amartey

Dragovic

Huth? Maybe give the young lad Hughes a chance if not

Chilwell

Gray

James

Silva

Barnes

Slimani

Vardy

Subs:

Jakupovic, Knight/Hughes, Fuchs, Choudhury, Thomas, Mahrez, Iheanacho

I would rather stay relatively strong to begin with and hopefully be in a position to bring on a couple of young lads later on. I think he'll play Vardy, especially after him not playing yesterday.

Don't see the point in playing Hamer and judging by the way Puel lines up, I wouldn't bank on Slimani and Vardy starting together. Expect King to come in for James too, who probably needs nurturing after his injuries. But I agree with playing a strong side as Fleetwood won't just roll over and having too many youngsters will only upset the balance of the squad, especially defensively.

2 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

Have a feeling Musa will start this one. 

Hamer

Chilwell

Dragovic

Maguire

Amartey

Musa

Silva

James

Gray

Slimani

Nacho

There's going for it and going for it, with the run of games we've had and Premiership games coming up some sense has to prevail. Maguire has played every league and cup game going including extra time.  Give our best and most important centre half a rest (Puell alluded to fatigue being a contributory factor in Morgans injury). How would we cope in the Premiership without Maguire with Wes also being injured? He's too important for this match. Likewise,  Armarty is our only stand in right back and cover centre half, also not required for this. With Dragovic, Benalouane, Chilwell , Fuchs and u23s we've plenty.

They'll be plenty of passion and boots flying, why risk Silva, don't give me he needs game time, he can get that in the coming weeks against Premiership sides. With King , James , Musa and u23s there's plenty to choose from in midfield . With Ulloa, Iheanacho and Slimani in attack we're spoilt for choice surely? Vardy won't be allowed to play unless it's a cameo.

With the amount of expensive talent we've got on the bench who should be busting a gut to impress, we should have plenty to beat these and that's not being disrespectful. Anyone not busting a gut has no future here! We only have to lose a couple of games yet remain in 8th and this forum goes into melt down,  imagine losing Maguire and Silva to injury and subsequently drop 2 or 3 places, some of the posters on here would be booking in at Dignitas! 

Hamer

Amartey, Dragovic, Huth( if fit), Chilwell

James, Choudhury

Silva

gray                                   Thomas

Iheanacho

Because of injuries to Morgan and Huth, its important to field Maguire and Dragovic in this game to try to 'forge' an understanding before the next game (small matter of Chelsea away!).  Also need to give more game time to Amartey, Silva, Slimani, James and Gray (+ possibly Barnes?) - so a pretty strong side, pleae!! Lets avoid embarrasment - historically difficult at grounds named Highbury!

Japukovic

Knight

Dragovic

Benny

Chilwell

King

Silva

Hamza

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

Hamer, Johnson, Nduwku, Vardy, Hughes, Ulloa,  Thomas

bring in Thomas for Iheanacho 

Ndukwu for Gray

Hughes for Silva

Edited by LCFC FOX

Hamer

Amartey    Dragovic     Maguire     Chilwell 

Silva       King (C)

Thomas          Barnes             Gray

Iheanacho 

Don't think there will be much rotation at the back purely because without turning to youth we're a bit thin on the ground. Reckon Silva will play with King as captain. I'd rest Ndidi and take James and Hamza on the bench. The timely recall of Barnes and the inclusion of Thomas at Liverpool would suggest they'll play some part. Iheanacho could use the pitch time but could easily stick with Slimani up top but would have thought that depends on the likelihood of Vardy playing at Chelsea the following week. 

13 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Hamer

Amartey    Dragovic     Maguire     Chilwell 

Silva       King (C)

Thomas          Barnes             Gray

Iheanacho 

Don't think there will be much rotation at the back purely because without turning to youth we're a bit thin on the ground. Reckon Silva will play with King as captain. I'd rest Ndidi and take James and Hamza on the bench. The timely recall of Barnes and the inclusion of Thomas at Liverpool would suggest they'll play some part. Iheanacho could use the pitch time but could easily stick with Slimani up top but would have thought that depends on the likelihood of Vardy playing at Chelsea the following week. 

I do agree with this. Still hesitant about Maguire as I'm sure he's played quite literally every minute this season...

If Mahrez doesn't start then i would certainly have him on the bench and bring him on. He's our most likely player to leave in the window, i don't think him being cup-tied would put off any of the big six if they want him, but it might just help us out later in the season. 

Starting Thomas and Barnes together would be a big ask, would prefer to just have them on the bench and bring one or other on if things are going well. 

If were going to use the youngsters, id rather bring them on at 2-0 after 60 mins, rather than bring them off for a senior player because were chasing the game.

Its a game where you just know on the day itll be keenly contested. It always is.

Recent fa cup ties have seen sides like spurs, liverpool and man utd pushed all the way by unfashionable sides like wycombe plymouth and cambridge.... and fleetwood are better than all of those.

Respect is necessary

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, M0901 said:

I do agree with this. Still hesitant about Maguire as I'm sure he's played quite literally every minute this season...

I agree. I've no concerns re. Amartey and Dragovic playing again as I think they'll relish the opportunity to put in some more consecutive appearances. Chilwell, if he's no longer ill, should slot back in nicely and offers a good attacking threat on the left flank if we rotate the wingers. Maguire is the only concern but I'd be more uncomfortable about using a youth player with no other regulars in defence and Hamer in net. Wouldn't use Benalouane as presumably he'll be moved along in the window. All in a hypothetical lineup ofc but I'd expect Maguire to play, even more so now Morgan is sidelined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donut said:

If were going to use the youngsters, id rather bring them on at 2-0 after 60 mins, rather than bring them off for a senior player because were chasing the game.

Its a game where you just know on the day itll be keenly contested. It always is.

Recent fa cup ties have seen sides like spurs, liverpool and man utd pushed all the way by unfashionable sides like wycombe plymouth and cambridge.... and fleetwood are better than all of those.

Respect is necessary

I agree and wouldn't include the likes of Johnson, Moore and Knight. But Barnes and Thomas were standout performers in League 1 during their time at MK Dons and Coventry. Pretty sure Fleetwood fans would happily have both in their starting 11. No lack of respect in using Barnes and Thomas imo. 

I have a bad feeling about this tie. It's an obvious banana skin and we have a habit of slipping up against underdogs in the cup.... and it's Live on the Beeb!

Harlow Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Millwall still painfully come to mind. .(others anyone?).....and we so nearly messed up against Leatherhead (1975)trailing 0-2 at half time at Filbo and nearly going 3 behind only for a heart stopping last ditch clearance off the line by Jon Sammels. Classic game though ( i was there)  to come back to win 3-2. 

Edited by ultrafox

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

There's going for it and going for it, with the run of games we've had and Premiership games coming up some sense has to prevail. Maguire has played every league and cup game going including extra time.  Give our best and most important centre half a rest (Puell alluded to fatigue being a contributory factor in Morgans injury). How would we cope in the Premiership without Maguire with Wes also being injured? He's too important for this match. Likewise,  Armarty is our only stand in right back and cover centre half, also not required for this. With Dragovic, Benalouane, Chilwell , Fuchs and u23s we've plenty.

They'll be plenty of passion and boots flying, why risk Silva, don't give me he needs game time, he can get that in the coming weeks against Premiership sides. With King , James , Musa and u23s there's plenty to choose from in midfield . With Ulloa, Iheanacho and Slimani in attack we're spoilt for choice surely? Vardy won't be allowed to play unless it's a cameo.

With the amount of expensive talent we've got on the bench who should be busting a gut to impress, we should have plenty to beat these and that's not being disrespectful. Anyone not busting a gut has no future here! We only have to lose a couple of games yet remain in 8th and this forum goes into melt down,  imagine losing Maguire and Silva to injury and subsequently drop 2 or 3 places, some of the posters on here would be booking in at Dignitas! 

You can't try and protect players by wrapping them up in cotton wool, they're just as likely to be injured in training or a PL match than against Fleetwood.

It's a good opportunity to rest players like Maguire who have played most of the minute in the last month. We need to pick a team that's still a couple of levels above Fleetwood but that would be nice if we can add players who need game time like Dragovic, Huth, James, Silva,etc and maybe throw in one or two of the best development players and two or three of them on the bench to put on if the situation allows it.

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

Because of injuries to Morgan and Huth, its important to field Maguire and Dragovic in this game to try to 'forge' an understanding before the next game (small matter of Chelsea away!).  Also need to give more game time to Amartey, Silva, Slimani, James and Gray (+ possibly Barnes?) - so a pretty strong side, pleae!! Lets avoid embarrasment - historically difficult at grounds named Highbury!

After all the league and cup matches plus extra time Maguire has played recently without a rest and he being our best centre half, do you think that wise? Did you not hear Puell state that he thought fatigue was a contributory factor in Morgan 's injury? If we can't beat Fleetwood without Maguire and certain other first teamer's, then we don't deserve to go through anyway. We've got a multi million pound squad why not use it wisely for the benefit of the team?

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You can't try and protect players by wrapping them up in cotton wool, they're just as likely to be injured in training or a PL match than against Fleetwood.

It's a good opportunity to rest players like Maguire who have played most of the minute in the last month. We need to pick a team that's still a couple of levels above Fleetwood but that would be nice if we can add players who need game time like Dragovic, Huth, James, Silva,etc and maybe throw in one or two of the best development players and two or three of them on the bench to put on if the situation allows it.

I agree in the main and don't believe in wrapping players up in cotton wool but, we have more than one strong team. Maguire is my main worry as he's our main fit centre half, if we can't beat Fleetwood without him they need shooting. Huth would be great to see back and I believe is due to play in the under 23s against Spurs along with Silva.

Huth, Dragovic , Benny and Chilwell, you'd like to think you could mackle a defence up out of that lot, any one of them would get a game for Fleetwood. 

Musa, King , James, Gray , Thomas , Chowdhury, Barnes , Slimani , Iheanacho, Ulloa? Surely there has to be enough there to choose from against the mighty Fleetwood? 

• Like 1