Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fleetwood Town (A) pre-match

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Good news for US based Foxes.  On Fox Sports 1.  :schmike:  FA3rdRound.JPG.f655ade0a0062edbb9b2f88b33f48941.JPG

p.s. both of tomorrow's ties also televised here (Pool/Everton on FS1, Manure/Derby FS2).

Yikes! I was in the US from Sept-Nov, but on Central time. Think my earliest wake-up was 7:45...this would be 6:45. Glad to be back in the UK

Fleetwood Town pub to honour Jamie Vardy's FA Cup return with limited edition beer

A pub will be toasting Jamie Vardy’s eagerly anticipated return to Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup on Saturday by serving a limited edition special ale in honour of their former goalscoring hero.

And Vardy will return to the club that served as a career launch-pad when Leicester take on the League One outfit in the FA Cup third round at Highbury Stadium on Saturday lunchtime.

In honour of his return, The Strawberry Gardens pub in the shadow of Highbury will be serving punters a special “Vardy’s Return” ale.

Billy Melvin, the pub manager at the Strawberry Gardens, said: “The pubs, takeaways and shops in the town will definitely experience an economic boost from such a big game taking place. The whole town is buzzing about it and Jamie Vardy’s return. We owe Jamie a lot in Fleetwood and naming an ale in his honour was the least we could do. It’ll be great to get the chance to welcome him back.”

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

That's the spirit, let's write of a 25 million, 21 year old, 8 goals in 13 games for Nigeria striker after about 4 starts for Leicester.

Jesus wept I can't cope with the continued stupidly of some of our fans! I dunno weather to laugh or jump of a bridge. 

This. It's quite annoying. We have a habit of writing players off stupidly early *cough Vardy, Drinkwater cough*

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

This. It's quite annoying. We have a habit of writing players off stupidly early *cough Vardy, Drinkwater cough*

Mind you Rudkin and his merry men in recruitment do have an equally annoying habit of fuelling this 'FT' pastime.

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely Slimani starts this and gets as much opportunities as possible whilst Vardy is out? We need a confident and content Slimani, he’s a machine on his day.

Totally agree, that run for the third goal! You could have put a few JCBs and Steamrollers on to him and they would have deflected off him. 

I'd also like to see Barnes, Hamza, Hughes, Thomas given a chance. They all deserve a break through soon. 

We've got Oldham on Tuesday in the checkatrade, looking forward to that too as the that team looks unstoppable at the moment...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This is a myth fulled by blind hatred. Looking back on the last few windows (apart from 1) our singings often turn out to be the best signings in the whole leauge or at least top 3.

Summer 2017

Maguire - 17 million (Keane went to 30 million that same window)

Ibborra - 12 Million 

January 2017

Ndidi - 16 million (schlupp went for 17 million that same window)

Summer 2016

A terrible window nothing positive to say

Jan 16

Demari gray - 3 million (what a singing that is with hindsight)

Summer 16

Kante - 5 million (wow just wow)

Okazaki - 8 million

Huth - 5 million 

Fuchs - free

Going back even further when Rudkin was still in post see Cambiasso and Albrighton both free and mahrez for under half a million. Obviously there has been some duffers who haven't fitted etc see kramic, Hernandez, Musa etc but on balance they are doing a very good job compared to most other clubs.

Let's face it, Rudkin is like Marmite.   It 'aint going change soon either, given the recent 'Silva' fiasco and the gift to Ulloa's of a 2 year contract extension 

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Going back even further when Rudkin was still in post see Cambiasso and Albrighton both free and mahrez for under half a million. 

Rudkin wasn't DoF when any of these were brought in – Terry Robinson was. Think he had a frosty relationship with Pearson / Walsh and got the boot late 2014 / early 2015.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Let's face it, Rudkin is like Marmite.   It 'aint going change soon either, given the recent 'Silva' fiasco and the gift to Ulloa's of a 2 year contract extension 

I wouldn't say he's like marmite, marmite is you either love him or hate him and whilst you and others do hate him I don't particularly like or love him. I'm indeffernt at best. But I do think there is a general foxestalk rule of thumb where if a signing works out he gets no credit and when something goes wrong he gets all the blame. He has become the bogeyman of foxestalk. But really if you look at it over the last 4 years you would struggle to find a club our size who has had better dealings than us in the transfermarket. And surly as much as you hate him he deserves a few crumbs of credit for that?

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely Slimani starts this and gets as much opportunities as possible whilst Vardy is out? We need a confident and content Slimani, he’s a machine on his day.

I would prefer Slim to start this one (if Vardy is out) it seems like the best option 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Nice early departure for Fleetwood at 6.30 tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to this more than any FA Cup tie for years. The prospect of completing the holy trinity of Premier League and both Cups is massive to us geriatrics and I'm as excited as I was in 1969 when I went to every tie ,except the Liverpool replay.The intervening 48 years have rarely offered us a sniff of actually winning it , but this year feels different .      

With you on this, really really would love to see us win the FA Cup, please let 2018 be the year of the Fox

On 02/01/2018 at 13:42, volpeazzurro said:

I agree in the main and don't believe in wrapping players up in cotton wool but, we have more than one strong team. Maguire is my main worry as he's our main fit centre half, if we can't beat Fleetwood without him they need shooting. Huth would be great to see back and I believe is due to play in the under 23s against Spurs along with Silva.

Huth, Dragovic , Benny and Chilwell, you'd like to think you could mackle a defence up out of that lot, any one of them would get a game for Fleetwood. 

Musa, King , James, Gray , Thomas , Chowdhury, Barnes , Slimani , Iheanacho, Ulloa? Surely there has to be enough there to choose from against the mighty Fleetwood? 

1 like for the professional use of the word mackle.

A wonderful word ?

• Haha 1