Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fleetwood Town (A) pre-match

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

This is a myth fulled by blind hatred. Looking back on the last few windows (apart from 1) our singings often turn out to be the best signings in the whole leauge or at least top 3.

Summer 2017

Maguire - 17 million (Keane went to 30 million that same window)

Ibborra - 12 Million 

January 2017

Ndidi - 16 million (schlupp went for 17 million that same window)

Summer 2016

A terrible window nothing positive to say

Jan 16

Demari gray - 3 million (what a singing that is with hindsight)

Summer 16

Kante - 5 million (wow just wow)

Okazaki - 8 million

Huth - 5 million 

Fuchs - free

Going back even further when Rudkin was still in post see Cambiasso and Albrighton both free and mahrez for under half a million. Obviously there has been some duffers who haven't fitted etc see kramic, Hernandez, Musa etc but on balance they are doing a very good job compared to most other clubs.

So what you're saying is, we get one signing right about every window and completely **** up the rest wasting huge amounts of money.

Cambiasso, Albrighton, Mahrez were signed before Rudkin got involved by the way, and Schlupp did not go for £17m.

A Myth lol We've wasted a ludicrous amount of money on players, that's no myth. It's also no myth that we completely fecked up the signing of Silva and looked a complete joke in the process.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Slim has to play up front; if Vardy is out for a while then it's important Slim keeps fresh and sharp, playing and scoring goals can only help his confidence.

Slim is natural number 9 anyway. Because we always tried playing him behind vardy as a shinji hold up player it didnt quite suit him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wouldn't say he's like marmite, marmite is you either love him or hate him and whilst you and others do hate him I don't particularly like or love him. I'm indeffernt at best. But I do think there is a general foxestalk rule of thumb where if a signing works out he gets no credit and when something goes wrong he gets all the blame. He has become the bogeyman of foxestalk. But really if you look at it over the last 4 years you would struggle to find a club our size who has had better dealings than us in the transfermarket. And surly as much as you hate him he deserves a few crumbs of credit for that?

I do not ever recall saying 'I hate him', but no problem as non-facts are often bounded about on here.  This a thread about the Fleetwood game, so let's leave it there.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

So what you're saying is, we get one signing right about every window and completely **** up the rest wasting huge amounts of money.

Cambiasso, Albrighton, Mahrez were signed before Rudkin got involved by the way, and Schlupp did not go for £17m.

A Myth lol We've wasted a ludicrous amount of money on players, that's no myth. It's also no myth that we completely fecked up the signing of Silva and looked a complete joke in the process.

So excluding the big 6 (who have far more cash and are a far more exciting proposition for players) who would you say have performed better than us in the transfer market in the last 3 years.

Edited by The whole world smiles

17 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

So excluding the big 6 (who have far more cash and are a far more exciting proposition for players) who would you say have performed better than us in the transfer market in the last 3 years.

You seem to be missing the fact that we've spent far more than anyone outside the big 7 (if you include Everton). I would bloody hope we've made a few decent signings. But we've also pissed far more down the drain than anyone else.

9 hours ago, M0901 said:

This. It's quite annoying. We have a habit of writing players off stupidly early *cough Vardy, Drinkwater cough*

*Cough Inler, cough cough Musa, cough, Mendy splutter, cough cough Hernandez cough Kapusta cough cough Benalouane cough...*

It's not always a question of patience.  Some players just don't have it.

I need a lemsip.

15 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Fleetwood goalie given special clean sheet incentive

If a place in the fourth round at the expense of a Premier League champion is not enough. Fleetwood goalkeeper Chris Neal has been given an extra slice of incentive.

If Neal keeps a clean sheet, Papa John’s have promised him a year’s supply of free pizza. Neal will receive one month’s worth of pizza for every 7.5 mins he keeps a clean sheet.

Not a bad deal for him. Should be able to get 2 months worth of pizza, easy.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Everton lol  :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, murphy said:

*Cough Inler, cough cough Musa, cough, Mendy splutter, cough cough Hernandez cough Kapusta cough cough Benalouane cough...*

It's not always a question of patience.  Some players just don't have it.

I need a lemsip.

I don't think it's fair to put Mendy in the same categories as others. Screwed by injury, could've been a good player for us (obviously no Kante, but not many players are).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

Fleetwood goalie given special clean sheet incentive

If a place in the fourth round at the expense of a Premier League champion is not enough. Fleetwood goalkeeper Chris Neal has been given an extra slice of incentive.

If Neal keeps a clean sheet, Papa John’s have promised him a year’s supply of free pizza. Neal will receive one month’s worth of pizza for every 7.5 mins he keeps a clean sheet.

Why do I so want us to score after 7 mins 29 seconds?

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

You seem to be missing the fact that we've spent far more than anyone outside the big 7 (if you include Everton). I would bloody hope we've made a few decent signings. But we've also pissed far more down the drain than anyone else.

I doubt we have spent far more than anyone else over the last 3 years. where have you got that from? a brief bit of research shows that.

in 15/16 our net spend was the 11th highest in the league. - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9976568/how-much-did-your-club-spend-premier-league-transfer-window-net-spend-table

In 16/17 our net spend was the 8th highest in the league - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-net-spend-how-8745765

and this summer we were 14th in a net spend League table - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-net-spend-how-11091823

So on average our we are spending the most 11th most on transfers (I know this doesn't include the January windows but I can't see it being too different) could you name 10 sides that have done better business than us? we have out performed all our rivals in terms of club size the transfer market (Palace, Watford, Stoke, Everton) yet people like you are so caught up in your Rudkin witch hunt to see that we are performing pretty well transfer wise.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Thanks 1