Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Robert Huth

18 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

So he's no longer injured and needs match fitness? If that's so he'll be in the team against Fleetwood surely?

I'd imagine Huth and Benalouane at the back, with Chilwell and Amartey either side?

Don't write off the Huth, so many made the same error with Wes. He isn't that old for a CB, and as long as he gets his fitness back, could still do a good job.

Having said that Drago hasn't done much wrong in the games I've seen him in, which is reassuring.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

It's a tough call, at some point we have to move on. Huth may well come in to the side as soon as he's fit, but I doubt he'll have his contract renewed at the end of the season. I know we have a stronger emotional attachment to players who've been here a few years and won the title, but we can't keep going back to the aging players, we have to have move on when the time is right.

Surely starting Dragovic is safer and could help him build a rhythm having played in the last two games.

Starting Huth in the next game would not benefit either in the long term, I think.

• Like 4

We when we are winning 1-0 or 2-1 with 5 minutes to go and the opposition are launching the ball into the box i would bring on Huth. He could still be a useful squad member here.

If he’s fit I’d like to see him and Dragovic start in the Fleetwood match. One big solid defender but who’s not so comfortable on the ball, and another who’s a better ball player but smaller and perhaps less solid. Would also give Harry a rest while bringing Huth back up to speed.

I cant imagine Huth being part of any plans other than the odd cameo or cup run. If he still has aspirations of playing football, then he'll move on in the summer. I suspect he will be part of some coaching set up myself though and move on to the next chapter of his life.

Edited by Colourmy

Huth is probably our worst defender on the ball, which will not suit this new style. Morgan, despite looking odd doing so, is quite OK with the ball at his feet so I don't see Huth displacing anyone in the current backline.

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Huth is probably our worst defender on the ball, which will not suit this new style. Morgan, despite looking odd doing so, is quite OK with the ball at his feet so I don't see Huth displacing anyone in the current backline.

Maybe so, but I think we’ve really missed his no nonsense solid defending this season.

4 minutes ago, Micky said:

The guy is 33, he still has a couple of years in him at the top.

Even after a long-term injury? He doesn't. The timeout will have affected many areas of his body and mind that a 33-year-old body will struggle to get back at this level. 

Huth's game was less than legal at the best of times, he would be bordering on prison time without age on his side!

Edited by Colourmy

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Maybe so, but I think we’ve really missed his no nonsense solid defending this season.

True, but he's not displacing Morgan, who generally has been solid and Maguire who is arguably our key man defensively. Dragovic, while we haven't seen much of him, has already displayed that he's comfortable with the ball at his feet which will suit us more than hoofs over the line.

5 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Even after a long-term injury? He doesn't. The timeout will have affected many areas of his body and mind that a 33-year-old body will struggle to get back at this level. 

Huth's game was less than legal at the best of times, he would be bordering on prison time without age on his side!

Wait and see.